Team-BHP - Indigo XL
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Indigo XL (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/20582-indigo-xl.html)

Just went to check out the New Indigo XL.

Test drive vehicle will arrive in a day or two.

I noticed that the quality of the car is still not great. In one of the pics below you will notice a huge gap where the Grand Sticker was missing. The car will come with a Nokia Handset and it has Map Reading lights right on top of the rear arm rest. There is a Microphone in the middle for mobile.

Price Expected is 7-7.5Lacs.

Avg of Petrol around 12 and of diesel is around 14 in City. I asked him the power of Petrol and he told me 124 lol: I told him your telling me the torque of the car.

I dont think this car is going to give a run for City/Fiestas money, because the quality and gearbox are still not up to the mark, though a great effort none the less.

Heard some people talking saying this is much better then City and the rest.

I had gone to check out the Palio 1.6 yesterday and they refused saying the car is not available and tried to divert me to Tata products, prasing them.

Enjoy the pics.

Off Topic a Poorly maintained San Strom was up for sale.

Panel Gaps are quite evident : -

Awesome stuff man Busa.Thanks for putting in so much effort.

Now I dont feel the need for visiting a tata showroom to have a look at the car,your pics are more than sufficient.

Thanks for the detailed pictures Busa..., how about the engine noise?

I was quite intrigued by the description, which I had read about the car in newspapers and adverts. However, the pictures look quite disappointing. It really misses the luxury feel (at least in pictures) that they are trying to showcase with all those luxury features.

The dashboard looks plain ugly. Heck, even Petra and Baleno, which have rather primitive looking interiors, don't look as bad. I am rather disappointed, but I guess and hope that, it looks different in real.

If they price it well, this car can be the best VFM for common buyer. (Enthusiasts still won't like it if rubbery shift persists)

P.S.: Busa, you did it once again. Hats off for being the first T-BHPian to check it out.

WOW!

Nice pics... And a lot of them covering almost the whole car... Great...

At 7-7.5 lakh i dont think it will find many buyers. Quality still looks poor and for a car expected to cost 7-7.5 lakhs it not a good sign.
On second thoughts, if priced below 7 lakhs it can be the poor man's ultimate chaeffuer driven car with all the bell's and whistles.

it high time the interiors of indica indigo range is changed, they need to take a lesson ot two from the hyundai stable, dear tatas please understand we need you to make cars as perfect as possible, and as fresh as possible. change the dash board asap. give a break.

Yep, unlikely to hurt any of the C+ segment cars.. Its still an Indigo and so the image issues will persist.

The indigo xl
a poor man's luxury car (a.k.a poor man's Merc)
but if the xl has a refined engine, i would buy it for only one reason, rear seat leg room.
Hey, how was the rear seat comfort?? is the rear seat more inclined than the regular indigo or is it the same?
How much extra legroom is available for the rear seat???
And finally is the rear seat legroom more than any of C+ segment cars like optra, corolla, octavia???

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 356982)
And finally is the rear seat legroom more than any of C+ segment cars like optra, corolla, octavia???

At least going by the looks of it, it appears to beat all the cars on this side of 20L (and probably few on other side too) in the rear legroom space area. I want to check it out in person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135 (Post 356994)
At least going by the looks of it, it appears to beat all the cars on this side of 20L (and probably few on other side too) in the rear legroom space area. I want to check it out in person.

I think Busa can answer in the meanwhile you go and check personally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135 (Post 356994)

How about the 5 seater Omni ? ;)

If space was everything....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 357008)
I think Busa can answer in the meanwhile you go and check personally.

Thanks for kind advise!
Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite (Post 357015)
How about the 5 seater Omni ? ;)
If space was everything....

I am talking of cars, not vans/SUVs etc.

Thank you all for appreciating the efforts.

Quality is not good. The gearshift felt the same and had a rubbery feel to it. They are advertising 16V DOHC on the rear as if its a big thing. In the same segment Fiesta, Accent, Verna all have Twin Cams.

Quote:

how was the rear seat comfort?? is the rear seat more inclined than the regular indigo or is it the same?
Rear Seat Comfort is good but does not live up to the hype it has created, its no ways as comfy as D segment cars. The inclination is the same i guess as other indigos.

Quote:

Legroom is quite alot more then almost all the C segment cars i feel. However comfort is not that good.

Quote:

Its more then all the above cars but its not as comfortable as in the Civic, Optra or Corolla.

Quality was not that great, i could see bits and peaces falling apart, the button for the hood was real difficult to apply as it had come off and there were uneven gaps in many places. I doubt this car is going to out do any of the C segments since the interiors look a tad outdated, though just colouring them beige wont help them much as Hyundai has done, they need a new design ASAP.

P.S Anyone wants more higher quality pics can PM me.