Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2019, 18:02   #16
BHPian

Re: Beast in a business suit - My Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6

A quick update on the car. She recently went for her 90,000kms service with the authorized dealership. I was expecting a fat bill as it was a major service as per the service center. Even though the car is under extended warranty and service contract, as is with many of the contracts here not everything is covered and those are the parts where dealerships find an issue usually (imho). However this time I was pleasantly surprised with the dealership, recently the original dealership of Cadillac here in UAE changed to the official GM main dealer so all GM brands are now serviced by 1 major dealer. I went there with my warranty and service contract from my previous dealership and they acknowledged everything and accepted all paperwork which was a huge relief. They did the servicing and recommended I do an engine oil flush as it would help with the smoothness of the engine and extend its life. I asked them to go ahead. Then I had complained of the wear of the brakes they checked the pads those were fine however the discs had some slight scoring, rather than pushing to replace the discs the SA was very cooperative and said lets get it polished and we will check if they dont pass our safety mark then I shall call you and we shall talk about replacing the discs. I loved the guys honesty. Everything included I got an estimate for 600AED appox 12000INR. The low amount was a shocker, not that I had an issue. I was expecting they would call later and bump up the price saying they found something else wrong. However the next day I get a call saying your car is ready and total bill is 650AED. I was pleasantly surprised! Colleague dropped me at the service center to collect the car after work and before I paid the money I checked the job card if they really did anything or not and everything lined up. I loved the service and the honesty and put in a good word for the SA with the manager. The brakes felt fine and car felt just as new, especially with the faint wiff of perfume which they had sprayed on the leather there was a faint smell of the new car smell.

Now the next service is until the next 12000kms or 1 year which ever earlier, however with my usage I am guesstimating about another 7-8 months.

Last edited by ronz_2507 : 11th November 2019 at 18:03. Reason: Added more details.
ronz_2507 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks