Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2021, 11:44   #91
BHPian

Re: Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
Hi Jithin,

I own a 2021Titanium model of Ecosport. This has Flyaudio with 3.5" MID. I learned about your upgrade for the TPMS. I have few queries on that.

1. Is this possible on my model? Can this be enabled on MID for this model?
2. Which OBD2 tool you used with Forscan? The one mentioned in Forscan website is very costly in India. Do you know of any other cheap but working alternative that is compatible with Forscan?
3. I am not sure if I 'll be able to procure the sensors from the FASS. I saw few sensors in BOODMO but do you have the exact part no. that is compatible?
4. Is it ok to ask FASS about its installation and activation? I don't want any warranty to be void.

Hi BlueShift

1. For TPMS, it can be enabled on any variant (2017 onwards), regardless of the cluster type. For old models, the TPMS will show up in the sync 1 display.
I use VINT OBD with HS-MS can. The preferred one is OBD linkex.

2. Since TPMS is an add-on, Warranty wouldn't be an issue but to activate the sensors, FASS needs to do it which is called tyre learning. If you can procure a tire learning tool, you can do it at home itself. This step must be done only after enabling TPMS in BCM and IPC module.

Last edited by SDP : 6th March 2022 at 13:25. Reason: Edited out Mahindra TPMS part as requested
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 20:02   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Hi BlueShift
I use VINT OBD with HS-MS can. The preferred one is OBD linkex.
This step must be done only after enabling TPMS in BCM and IPC module.
VINT OBD2 Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-81halemqabl._sl1500_.jpg
Isn't IPC module a part of HSCAN3 comm type? And the VINT doesn't seem to support it? I dont see it in the above supported modules list. or am I missing something? If you confirm, I can purchase this immediately.

I will request Service Center for this TPMS activation during my upcoming 1st service checkup. If they do that's better. Else the next time I am in Bangalore, will try to get it done from the Service Center there.
Old 29th August 2021, 20:13   #93
BHPian

Quote:
VINT OBD2 Attachment 2199183
Isn't IPC module a part of HSCAN3 comm type? And the VINT doesn't seem to support it? I dont see it in the above supported modules list. or am I missing something? If you confirm, I can purchase this immediately.

I will request Service Center for this TPMS activation during my upcoming 1st service checkup. If they do that's better. Else the next time I am in Bangalore, will try to get it done from the Service Center there.

I use the same scanner and IPC in new gen EcoSport uses MSCAN for IPC.

FASS can only activate the sensors (TPMS learning) and they have no access to enable TPMS in a non-TPMS car. No FASS in India can enable/disable features.
Old 31st August 2021, 23:02   #94
BHPian

Quote:
I use the same scanner and IPC in new gen EcoSport uses MSCAN for IPC.

FASS can only activate the sensors (TPMS learning) and they have no access to enable TPMS in a non-TPMS car. No FASS in India can enable/disable features.
Seems the FASS here don't have any clue about this TPMS and were giving vague response that it would require some more external circuitry to be installed, complete cluster needs to be changed. Basically they were discouraging this.

I don't have a good rapport with the technicians at FASS yet, but I will still give it a try during my 1st service and ask them for only activation.

Did you get yours done from FASS in Bangalore? If yes, I would like to connect with you when I am there, if it's ok for you.

Nevertheless, I would still purchase this VINT device. About the Tire Learning Tool, although it retails at 2500₹, it would cost approx more than 6k including shipping and customs duty. May be this would be the last option. You mentioned about Mahindra TPMS sensors. I hope it would work during activation or also with Learning tool and wouldn't require the Ford OEM ones.

Last edited by blueshift : 31st August 2021 at 23:21.
Old 31st August 2021, 23:07   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Seems the FASS here don't have any clue about this TPMS and were giving vague response that some more external circuitry needs to be installed for TPMS.

I don't have a good rapport with the technicians at FASS yet, but I will still give it a try during my 1st service.

Did you get yours from FASS in Bangalore?

Nevertheless, I would still purchase this VINT device. About the Tire Learning Tool, although it retails at 2500₹, it would cost approx more than 6k including shipping and customs duty.
I just went to.FASS to enable the sensors. Configuration can be done in forscan before sensor activation
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:36   #96
BHPian

Quote:

DIY Hardwiring of Dashcam:

This is yet another simple mod provided if we know the right fuse slot. Just route the wire to the Shotgun's side footwell and remove the two black screws which are visible. This way, we can access the fusebox without touching the glovebox.
Hi Jithin, Wonderfully executed mods in a wonderful vehicle. I am planning to hard wire Mola N3 dash cam in my 2018 Ecosport. The hardwiring kit comes with ACC and VCC connections apart from ground wire.

I couldn't spot a fuse in the engine compartment fuse box to tap the VCC circuit. Also prefer to stay clear of critical fuses like that of control modules. Will the Ford battery management system cuts off power to fuse boxes when it detects a power drain. Hope you can help .
Attached Images

Old 2nd October 2021, 18:54   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYAM View Post
Hi Jithin, Wonderfully executed mods in a wonderful vehicle. I am planning to hard wire Mola N3 dash cam in my 2018 Ecosport. The hardwiring kit comes with ACC and VCC connections apart from ground wire.

I couldn't spot a fuse in the engine compartment fuse box to tap the VCC circuit. Also prefer to stay clear of critical fuses like that of control modules. Will the Ford battery management system cuts off power to fuse boxes when it detects a power drain. Hope you can help .
Hi SYAM, thanks .You need to route the hardwiring kit to the passenger side fuse box which is just below the glove box held by 2 black screws which can pulled out gently. Use fuse no.6 using a micro fuse tap.

However I'd suggest not to hardwire because I started getting grounding issues after I hardwired my dashcam and my car used to stop abruptly in the middle of the road. This instance happened thrice and then I decided to use the rear seat charger itself and now I have no issues. The culprit was my hardwiring kit.

Last edited by jithin23 : 2nd October 2021 at 18:55. Reason: Added content
Old 2nd October 2021, 19:20   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SYAM, thanks .You need to route the hardwiring kit to the passenger side fuse box which is just below the glove box held by 2 black screws which can pulled out gently. Use fuse no.6 using a micro fuse tap.

However I'd suggest not to hardwire because I started getting grounding issues after I hardwired my dashcam and my car used to stop abruptly in the middle of the road. This instance happened thrice and then I decided to use the rear seat charger itself and now I have no issues. The culprit was my hardwiring kit.
Thank you for the prompt reply Jithin. However I think I was not clear with my Query. The hard wiring kit of Mola N3 has two fuse taps along with the ground wire. One for Accessories and one for VCC (Constant supply). The No 6 fuse can be tapped for ACC, as you have suggested. But I could not find a fuse point for the constant supply in the cabin fuse box.
Car getting stalled in the road abruptly must have been a horrific experience for you. A friend of mine has been using the same camera and wiring kit in his Baleno for quite some time. Since I have already purchased the wiring kit for 1500 rs, I think I will give it a try for some time. I will salvage it the moment i sense any trouble
Old 20th October 2021, 13:29   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYAM View Post
Thank you for the prompt reply Jithin. However I think I was not clear with my Query. The hard wiring kit of Mola N3 has two fuse taps along with the ground wire. One for Accessories and one for VCC (Constant supply). The No 6 fuse can be tapped for ACC, as you have suggested. But I could not find a fuse point for the constant supply in the cabin fuse box
Is there a ground wire in your hardwiring kit. If yes, then you can keep the VCC as dummy and use only the Acccesory one. If not, you can place the acc one in an unused fuse slot. Meanwhile even I'll check for an alternative fuse slot which can be tapped.
Old 27th October 2021, 23:56   #100
BHPian

@jithin23 @hserus @other ford endeavor owners
Is it possible to do the following in the Ford Endeavour 2.0 4x2 AT (2016)-
1. Add TPMS in the OEM screen?- The Endeavour then did not have TPMS then.
2. Add navigation in the OEM screen (it was available in the higher variants but not this one)?
3. Add auto-parking function? (It was available in the top model); also how safe would it be?
4. Add wireless(prefered)/wireless apple carplay?

I am asking this for a relative, so don't want to experiment myself much. So, can fellow BHPians suggest some FNG in Chandigarh (or maybe nearby areas in Punjab Haryana) who can do the above?
Old 28th October 2021, 08:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

You can add external tpms modules like the ones from Sensairy. After that -

1. Showing in the Home Screen and all might not be easy unless you can fit oem Ford tpms which is costly.

2. You need a kit to upgrade your sync version to Sync 3 I think, I believe you’re on Sync 2 with that generation of Endeavour. What version are you on?

Expensive so just install third party tpms with an external screen on your dashboard or that clips onto your IRVM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajk15 View Post
@jithin23 @hserus @other ford endeavor owners
Is it possible to do the following in the Ford Endeavour 2.0 4x2 AT (2016)-
1. Add TPMS in the OEM screen?- The Endeavour then did not have TPMS then.
2. Add navigation in the OEM screen (it was available in the higher variants but not this one)?
3. Add auto-parking function? (It was available in the top model); also how safe would it be?
4. Add wireless(prefered)/wireless apple carplay?

I am asking this for a relative, so don't want to experiment myself much. So, can fellow BHPians suggest some FNG in Chandigarh (or maybe nearby areas in Punjab Haryana) who can do the above?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:53   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Expensive so just install third party tpms with an external screen on your dashboard or that clips onto your IRVM.
Actually, the person considering these options prefers to keep the car in stock condition but also wishes to have the added utility of TPMS and Navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
2. You need a kit to upgrade your sync version to Sync 3 I think, I believe you’re on Sync 2 with that generation of Endeavour. What version are you on?
Yes, the car has Sync 2. Does that upgradation require hardware to be installed in the car permanently (and how much would it cost)? If it's just Forscan and the OBD wire @jithin23 mentioned this is another reason I'm looking for an FNG or any BHPian in and around Chandigarh who can do upgrade the screen.

Also since the primary preferences are TPMS and navigation, would it make sense to just add another screen above the OEM screen for these functions? Will it be a hindrance in the outer view? And is it possible to connect two screens to the stock audio system? BHPians please suggest.
Would also request BHPians to share any dependable shop in or around Chandigarh for these upgrades.
Old 28th October 2021, 11:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, the person considering these options prefers to keep the car in stock condition but also wishes to have the added utility of TPMS and Navigation.

Yes, the car has Sync 2. Does that upgradation require hardware to be installed in the car permanently .
TPMS needs hardware - sensors fitted to the tyres to monitor the pressure. And something to display the pressure on.

Sync3 needs new hardware it isn’t like upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on your existing PC.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 14:50   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, the car has Sync 2. Does that upgradation require hardware to be installed in the car permanently (and how much would it cost)? If it's just Forscan and the OBD wire @jithin23 mentioned this is another reason I'm looking for an FNG or any BHPian in and around Chandigarh who can do upgrade the screen.

Also since the primary preferences are TPMS and navigation, would it make sense to just add another screen above the OEM screen for these functions? Will it be a hindrance in the outer view? And is it possible to connect two screens to the stock audio system? BHPians please suggest.
Would also request BHPians to share any dependable shop in or around Chandigarh for these upgrades.
For TPMS, it can be displayed in the speedometer but you'll need to buy ford sensors and they cost 10k for a set of 4.

If you need navigation, you need to change from sync 2 to sync 3 and that'll cost about 40-60k, but it'll have OE integration. You can check in some scrapyards too as Endeavors post mid 2017 came with sync 3
Old 26th January 2022, 22:23   #105
BHPian

70,000km update

Blue baby had been serving me quite well and I've covered 6k kms in 2.5 months. Just a dent on the LHS front door and I've given it for getting it back to shape and regular maintenance in Cauvery Ford. I never give my car anywhere else as Cauvery Ford does a great job.

The major drive being for a biryani drive to Hyderabad during Nov 2021(Yes, I drove all the way from Bangalore just to grab a biryani at Hotel Shadab, Hyderabad.

Decided for the biryani drive as the Ladakh trip didn't go quite well(This is for another day)

Hotel Shadab has a unique way of pricing and customer base from all walks of society. FYI, most of the biryani restaurants accept only Cash in Hyderabad.

Shadab hotel floor hierarchy for Biryani:
  1. The ground floor is only for parcels and local crowd. Price is 200
  2. First floor for families and the prices are a bit higher.
  3. Second floor again, for families and prices are a bit higher than 1st floor

If you're in Hyderabad, this place is a must visit. Plus it's near Charminar and you can have a sip of Irani chai from Nimrah Tea house right in front of Charminar

Then I went to Platform 65 Restaurant in Vijayawada (also in Hyderabad too) and the train themed restaurant with dishes being served on toy train wagons. Very fancy restaurant.

Some pics from the trip.

Platform 65 restaurant, Vijayawada
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211108120313.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211108120152.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211108120256.jpg

Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211108120447.jpg

A sumptuous Andhra meal
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211108144409.jpg

The place where the food pic above was taken. This was somewhere near Ongole. Place is called Vivaha bhojanam. It's towards Chennai side from Vijayawada
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211108150044.jpg

A break from the mundane life and driving.
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211108202300.jpg

Total trip stats
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211108213022.jpg

Group meet in Vijayawada
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211107204420.jpg

This is a pic from the place I stayed.I stayed in Kygo hostels in Hyderabad. Quite cost effective I'd say and I always travel by backpacker
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211107083554.jpg

Looks like SF area of Hyderabad minus the tram. Near Jubilee hills.
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211107085001.jpg

Nehru ring road
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211106182042.jpg

Don't judge a book by it's cover applies here.
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211106220004.jpg
The ultimate Biryani from Shadab.
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20211106221954.jpg

After this trip, I had realized that I need a car of my own and Blue Baby finds its twin, The Red Dragon who came home on Jan 6,2022.

Blue Baby's Twin
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220121110133__01__01.jpg

The Red Dragon is totally a different character altogether
Blue Baby comes home - Ford EcoSport Facelift Titanium TDCi-img20220124183001__01.jpg

Last edited by jithin23 : 26th January 2022 at 22:25. Reason: Added content
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks