Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2020, 22:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up

I somehow missed this thread till now. The pictures of the car in the Assam forest is thrilling!

I am keen on knowing the FE of the 1.5 Dragon in Hyderabad city driving. Can you shed more light on that please? I mean exclusive city drives that do not include trips to RGIA or on the ORR.

I used to get 11 to 12 on my Fiesta 1.6, and am looking for a replacement because I lost it in the Oct deluge. And I used to get between 14 to 17 on highway drives, depending on how heavy-footed I was on the throttle.

I am in no hurry for a replacement as i still have a Figo 1.4 tdci with me, but plan to change it in a year's time. I'm kind of confused between a Dragon 1.5 and the 1.5 tdci, as most of the good reviews are of the latter. But as my usage is less, petrol makes sense.

I'd specifically like to know how the Dragon performs on ghats. The 1.6 Duratec was a gem on ghat roads too, but the 1.4 tdci struggles on inclines in 2nd gear (too less power), and in 1st gear there is too much power but negligible speed. I've read reviews on this forum that the 1.5 tdci also displays similar traits on inclines.

Thanks in advance.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 09:00   #17
BHPian

Re: How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I somehow missed this thread till now. The pictures of the car in the Assam forest is thrilling!

I am keen on knowing the FE of the 1.5 Dragon in Hyderabad city driving. Can you shed more light on that please? I mean exclusive city drives that do not include trips to RGIA or on the ORR.

I'd specifically like to know how the Dragon performs on ghats. The 1.6 Duratec was a gem on ghat roads too, but the 1.4 tdci struggles on inclines in 2nd gear (too less power), and in 1st gear there is too much power but negligible speed. I've read reviews on this forum that the 1.5 tdci also displays similar traits on inclines.

Thanks in advance.
Looks like subscription to my own thread is missing, didn't see this post

In a pure bumper to bumper scenario we should be getting around 9 - 10 kmpl in the manual transmission. I used to do a commute of around 45 KMs daily during the pre lockdown days and was getting around 12 - 13 kmpl possibly due to free flowing traffic and the time of my commute. This was after repeated checks in Fuelio and tank to tank calculation methods.

The 1.5 Dragon is one of the best 3 cyl. petrol engines in the market today with a good mid range and effortless cruising ability. Didn't face any issues with inclines whatsoever but we do have to depend on the first cog rather than trying to run through those in the second depending on the angle. Here in the north East we don't have any dearth of inclines or the twisties, both have been tackled with aplomb in my EcoSport. In fact I feel that the main aspect is the handling as the throttle can be modulated, even with the tall instance and CSUV credentials, the involving steering feedback and the point and go characteristics provides an amazing sticking to the line ability. This makes the experience on the curves a total pleasure.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 10:06   #18
BHPian

Across Varied Terrains over the past few months.

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-gerukamukh1ecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-gerukamukh2ecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-gerukamukhecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-kaziranga2ecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-kazirangaecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-manduecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-mustard1ecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-mustardecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-pond1ecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-pondecosport.jpg

How to choose a Dragon - My Ford EcoSport 1.5L Dragon Petrol. EDIT: 10,000 km up-roroecosport.jpg

Last edited by sandx : 11th April 2021 at 10:12.
sandx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 10:17   #19
BHPian

Inching Closer to the Yearly Service for my Ecosport next month. Since am out of Hyderabad have to search for a suitable Ford Service Centre where that can be done. There are just a limited number of Dealerships in the entire state of Assam right now. Hoping that there won't be any exception on the service front front, updates to follow.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks