Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2021, 15:04   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaker View Post
Hi, what is the engine oil brand used by FASS for TDCi engines? Price seems very less.
They use Mobil oil. I'm not sure if it's semi synthetic or mineral, but get keeps the engine something for 7.5k to 8k kms. After 8k kms, it feels like the oil needs to be changed.

For BS6, the quantity of engine oil in TDCi is about 6L and it costs about 2.5 to 3k ish for the oil alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post

I was also surprised how the pads and rotors went bad but the rotors had developed a deep circular cut on them since both the front brake pads had worn out very unevenly and was almost absent in one half like somebody has chewed it off. Sorry I forgot to click a picture of it.
Thanks for the encouragement tp_dominator! These things do make me motivated to update whatever happens with my car and it will help others too.

Navigation, in my case I travel on the highways a lot and night driving too, so I didn't want the screen glare from the sync 3 screen and the speedo is easier to see while driving. To each their own though.

I think the brake pads might have gone out either due to bad wheel alignment or if you're driving on rough roads or village roads often, this might have happened.

Please get your wheel alignment and balancing at a reputed tyre shop because FASS or any authorized showroom mess up the alignment and balancing.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th May 2021 at 21:13. Reason: Please use the landscape mode / auto-rotate mode on your phone to access multi-quote button. Thanks.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 20:53   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: 2 years and 42000 km u

Wishing many more good miles with your blue beauty. The happy feeling that one gets after driving an Ecosport specially on the highways can only be felt. That the service cost is also light on the pocket is such an added relief. Keep travelling

Regards,
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 18:50   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: 2 years and 42000 km u

Azure looks too good. In S variant the car looks especially more handsome in blue color.

I wish you many more happy miles. But beware, Azure will definitely spoil you for other cars! It's really hard to upgrade/ buy a second car in even one segment higher than Ecosport. Not just the driving manners, many small nifty things spoil you!
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 10:25   #49
BHPian

Azure looks a beauty and very happy to see so many happy miles done on it.

Wishing you many more such happy miles!

Regarding upgrade, I completely agree with 07CR as Ecosport is tough to upgrade with the whole bunch of features!
bhaskar.guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 15:07   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
I think the brake pads might have gone out either due to bad wheel alignment or if you're driving on rough roads or village roads often, this might have happened.

Please get your wheel alignment and balancing at a reputed tyre shop because FASS or any authorized showroom mess up the alignment and balancing.
I suspect rough road usage too. Alignment and balancing is religiously done at every 5k mark but I travel a lot on bad roads too, so it seems plausible.

I have finally found a few good shops in Pune for alignment and balancing which use the latest Hunter system for alignment. Funny thing is, it is supplied by Madhu's, Bangalore. How I wish they had a branch here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Azure looks too good. In S variant the car looks especially more handsome in blue color.

I wish you many more happy miles. But beware, Azure will definitely spoil you for other cars! It's really hard to upgrade/ buy a second car in even one segment higher than Ecosport. Not just the driving manners, many small nifty things spoil you!
Your black beauty is a looker too! I have drooled over its pictures and its commendable how you have maintained it. I wanted the black color initially but upkeep nightmares plus the home ministry convinced me to consider other options.

Ah, upgrade, that question will haunt us Ecosport owners since there is actually a dearth of cars which provide the dynamics of this Ford. I feel a natual progression is Compass only but the price difference is huge and we could buy two Ecosports for that price.

It's high time Ford offers us something in that range to let us folks upgrade to it, otherwise I'm keeping this car till its wheels fall off until a proper upgrade is launched by any manufacturer!
tp_dominator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 12:38   #51
Senior - BHPian

Good to see you enjoying your Blue beast. I think I have seen your car at the Fly 16 badminton court at Wakad a few times. PM me your number and I shall call you the next time .

My car is at 36k in 2.5 years and the experience so far has been brilliant. Looking to change tyres are around the 45k mark and hoping Michelin PS4's are back in stock by then.

Quote:
I suspect rough road usage too. Alignment and balancing is religiously done at every 5k mark but I travel a lot on bad roads too, so it seems plausible.

I have finally found a few good shops in Pune for alignment and balancing which use the latest Hunter system for alignment. Funny thing is, it is supplied by Madhu's, Bangalore. How I wish they had a branch here!
Please tell me which are these places ? The last time I went to Darshan and he tells me my camber is off but was perfectly fine when checked at the Ford A.S.S
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 15:35   #52
BHPian

Congratulations tp_dominator, for keeping the car in mint condition even after that kind of running. Just few questios:

1: how is the clutch doing, any hardness after all this while?

2: assuming yours is a BS4 engine, how is the BS6 diesel dispensed in Pune behaving? Any long term impact on engine's internals, or affecting the fuel economy etc?

Thanks.

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 19th May 2021 at 15:48. Reason: Few more questions
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 18:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

Please tell me which are these places ? The last time I went to Darshan and he tells me my camber is off but was perfectly fine when checked at the Ford A.S.S
I have been a regular at Fly16 up until this second wave hit us. I will PM you my number and hope to catch up on the court pretty soon!

Regarding the tyres, I was told by the shops that my tyres are good to go for atleast another 25k kms, so maybe by then the PS4s would be in stock in about 2 years' time.

Surprisingly, these shops are the far end of the city where you would least expect - Manjari. I travel there due to my work sometimes and I was surprised to see even smaller shops having the hunter system there but could not find a single shop near Wakad, Just keep driving ahead of the Dhone Kia and Ford dealerships on the left and you will be stop a lot of shops on your right for which you will need to make a U-turn ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Congratulations tp_dominator, for keeping the car in mint condition even after that kind of running. Just few questios:

1: how is the clutch doing, any hardness after all this while?

2: assuming yours is a BS4 engine, how is the BS6 diesel dispensed in Pune behaving? Any long term impact on engine's internals, or affecting the fuel economy etc?

Thanks.
The answers to your queries below:-

1. The clutch is pretty fine for me even in the city and I haven't felt it going hard. But then, I am driving diesel cars since 6 years now so I am pretty used to the comparatively harder clutches of diesels, so no concerns on that department.

2. Azure surely is BS4 and I haven't noticed anything different yet in the engine characteristics post BS6 fuel implementation. However, fuel economy certainly has increased over time but I don't know whether fuel is the factor here or the now properly bedded engine and me turning to a pretty sedate driver now since the initial euphoria of getting this car has died. I am aware of its capabilities, but pedal-to-the-metal instances are rarer now.
tp_dominator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 14:22   #54
BHPian

Time to say Goodbyes!

With the increased running and my job consuming me, I have not been able to pen down regular updates to my Azure. As destiny had it, this is going to be the last and final update as the blue buddy has found a new home.

It all started with needing a bigger car with more luggage space and eventually I wanted a diesel automatic. So, sadly after 3 years and 3 months, I decided to let go of the steed and bring a new one home.

The final ODO at the time of selling was 76k kms. 34k kms added in the last year out of which nearly 25k was added since January, 2022. Below are few updates before the final sign off (in no particular order).

Tyres at 53k Kms

Thanks to the heads-up provided by fiat_tarun who sourced and negotiated on the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s for himself as well as for me, I got the Ecopias changed to Michelins. The difference in ride quality was evident. However, I am not too technically inclined to comment much but these tyres too picked up quite a few punctures which were noticed at 73k kms wheel alignment and balancing.

The Ecopias were also plagued with quite a few punctures towards the end of their lifecycles and I was told Michelins would also need to be changed by max 80k ODO. Well, that was another 40k expense waiting in line.

The new tyres
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-tyres-1.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-tyres-2.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-tyres-3.jpg

Stance After Getting The Michelins
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-after-tyre-change.jpg

New Battery at 57k kms

Somewhere around 55k kms, I started seeing random messages which were indicating a weak battery. I checked with outside vendors but none of them were providing the exact battery specs of the original one, so went ahead with the battery from the Ford ASS. He mentioned it carried 3 years warranty too, which was fine with me, costed 4200 IIRC.

Headlamp Upgrade to LEDs at 68k kms

I had just got the high beams upgraded to LEDs and they were performing flawlessly. Rains were also not an issue as I drove in heavy downpour while going to Igatpuri and back in very low light conditions but it was the LEDs which were illuminating the roads.

Drive to Igatpuri
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-drive-iagtpuri.jpg

Between The Big Daddies
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-big-daddies.jpg

Service Experiences After Ford Exit

I got 3 services done between the last update and this one - 50k, 60k and 70k, among which all three were done post Ford's exit from India. My experience was the same as before - hassle free and flawless. No idea whether it will continue but I did not face any issues. Here's an interesting observation - 60k kms service costed me just 3600 bucks in June, 2022 since there was some monsoon camp going on.

Apart from the regular services, got my brake pads changed again at 56k kms ODO since they had again started squealing on applying pressure. The brake pads needed to be replaced again had I got the 80k service done too. Wipers were also replaced at 70k service in July, 2022 which I had replaced in July 2021 too. Other than above, nothing else was required to be changed. However, I had started to feel that the clutch was on its last legs and would have needed attention at 80k. At no point of time however till now, the service bill exceeded 6k rupees. Very happy with the upkeep costs!

Some Final Words

Ecosport is truly a gem! Those looks coupled with the great and cheap aftersales support which never let me down, those long drives with the amazing fuel economy and countless other memories created with Azure will forever be etched in my heart. This thread will help me reiterate those memories time and again. Though, the time span was short lived, the distance was not. My butt thanks me for making it relax on the hard cushioned seats which made those long 1000 kms a day drives relaxing and less tiring. The left leg says otherwise and hence the decision to change.

Initially I had planned to change in 2023 but by that time I would have driven more than a lakh kms. I am not justifying the next upgrade, but heart wanted something newer, bigger and automatic for those long drives. Until next time, here are a few parting shots before handing over Azure to the next care taker.

Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-final-sign-off-3.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-final-sign-off-2.jpg
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-final-sign-off-1.jpg

Last ODO Reading
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-final-odo.jpg

And the New Entrant (Thread Coming Soon)
Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000 km-new-entrant.jpg

Last edited by tp_dominator : 16th September 2022 at 14:28. Reason: Added few lines in service section
tp_dominator is offline   (73) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 09:24   #55
BHPian

Re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000

Congratulations on the new car! Good to hear that ford's exit has not changed the service quality. Wishing you uncountable miles in your new car.
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 20:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lightning Blue Beast drives in | My Ford EcoSport Titanium S TDCi | EDIT: Final update at 76000

Wow, you sure do have a passion for driving! Those are some healthy miles that were clocked on the ES. It must be very sad indeed, to let go of your Azure. I know how Ford cars seem to speak to the soul....magical.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 01:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

Woah, you sure put down a lot of kilometers ! Mind sharing how much you sold the Ecosport for to give an idea of the current resale value ?

Lovely choice with the Safari. Wish you a great experience.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 07:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

First of all congratulations on your new Safari! It's a nice car and looks great in the Kaziranga edition. On the second note, I know exactly how you feel when sending off your EcoSport. I am in the exact same situation now - Mine is a 2018 EcoSport but after having driven the Altroz DCA, now I am getting second thoughts about replacing it with another automatic. I haven't really put mine on sale as of now. However, the conundrum remains - the car (EcoSport) is fantastic in it's own right, mine has new tyres, has good driving dynamics and a new battery; so practically it's not wise to sell it right away! But the itch to get an automatic is growing stronger!

Looking forward to your ownership report on the Safari!
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 08:12   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Wow, you sure do have a passion for driving! Those are some healthy miles that were clocked on the ES. It must be very sad indeed, to let go of your Azure. I know how Ford cars seem to speak to the soul....magical.
They truly do! Owning the Ford was easily one of the best moments in my life where even in the stock form, it felt like a pocket rocket when pushed and at the same time kept its occupants comfortable. This experience will always make me compare the next purchase with the Ecosport's prowess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Woah, you sure put down a lot of kilometers ! Mind sharing how much you sold the Ecosport for to give an idea of the current resale value ?

Lovely choice with the Safari. Wish you a great experience.
Thanks a lot! I sold it at 7 lakhs in my home state where generally resale is low. At the same time, I wasn't getting any good offers from the dealership exchange or Cars24 so let it go for that amount. I am sure you would be able to extract a lot more if you list yours since its MH-12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
First of all congratulations on your new Safari! It's a nice car and looks great in the Kaziranga edition. On the second note, I know exactly how you feel when sending off your EcoSport. I am in the exact same situation now - Mine is a 2018 EcoSport but after having driven the Altroz DCA, now I am getting second thoughts about replacing it with another automatic. I haven't really put mine on sale as of now. However, the conundrum remains - the car (EcoSport) is fantastic in it's own right, mine has new tyres, has good driving dynamics and a new battery; so practically it's not wise to sell it right away! But the itch to get an automatic is growing stronger!

Looking forward to your ownership report on the Safari!
Thanks for your wishes, driving the Safari a bit more before penning anything down. Secondly, you truly are in the same boat as me. Evaluate your options first, then you will be able to make a decision. In my case, the convenience of an automatic was much much needed and hence the decision to upgrade. If not for the requirement, I would have driven the car a bit more and would have thought about exchange only in 2024.
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 22:02   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Time to say Goodbyes!

And the New Entrant (Thread Coming Soon)
Attachment 2358739
A very late congratulations buddy! Wish you a very happy ownership experience with the Safari.

I saw your query on my thread only today and felt bad that I couldn't respond on time. But happy that you have bought the Safari.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks