Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st July 2019, 08:41   #16

Default Re: Driven: Mercedes-AMG E63 S

This car looks mean specially in this Designo Magno Grey color . That said still doesn't have the sporty stance say la the M5's. Looks like it can end up being driven by Bruce Wayne in his next Dark Knight sequel, yeah it looks that badass. Feels more like the limousine for petrolheads who has luxury too in their bucket list.
_lewie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 13:35   #17

Great review ! I feel mercedes have made a big shift by making this car look like an actual sports car unlike some of the old E class amg's. Only if these "practical" beasts were priced(taxed) better we would see more of these.
jayanttalwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2019, 21:19   #18
BHPian

Sports car performance in a family car.

I wish I could be one of those privileged ones who could afford to ride such machines.

I can confidently say that I am in no position to make any comments but be awed by such cars. Thanks for sharing the driving experience.

Cheers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2019 at 21:57. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go by the rules of the board. Thanks.
Brumby is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2019, 08:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

I gotta say, those are some crazy numbers from a 4l turbo engine.

I guess Mercedes had to do all wheel drive for the E63 S. There is only so much that software control can do to get all that power down effectively with just a rear or front wheel drive arrangement. All wheel drive gives you far better traction and the ability to control it better. This has for long been a Audi special and now, we see it on Mercedes and BMW performance cars.

I feel like this segment is now fading for BMW's M series. Mercedes have caught up and there is a AMG edition (not a badge job) for pretty much every model on sale. Also; the interior appointments are a class apart on a Mercedes. More than bling, I call it beautiful and a work of art.

Thanks for sharing.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 14:26   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
The Mercedes-AMG E63 S is on sale in India, starting at a price of Rs. 1.50 crores (ex-showroom).

What you'll like:

The brutal acceleration & mega performance levels
Sharper to drive than earlier AMG sedans; gives tough competition to BMWs
Aggressive exteriors differentiate it from the regular E-Class
Simply beautiful interiors!
Supercar performance with everyday practicality
This really is "100% pure sin on 4 wheels"! While I have not driven any AMG Mercs, I have had the terrifying opportunity to ride shotgun on the motorway here in the UK. There is just one word to describe the car - MAD! The boffins at AMG really outdo themselves with each model.
51morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 07:30   #21
BHPian

I own a S63 AMG and drove the E63s recently. The E63 is a different animal with a coupe like handling but the downsized engine is pretty quiet and not as raw as the engine in my 63.
yash2424 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2019, 00:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

The torque gives you butterflies in you stomach on this one if you engage launch control. It's really something else. Even as a BMW fan I have to say the E63S is better in all aspects even the gadgets and cool things the speedo does.
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote