Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 02:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Similar Aspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN13Sleeper View Post
Congratulations on the ultimate Sedan upgrade.

I guess you mean the Octavia vRS.

By the way, the rear seats on the Rapid too doesn't fold/tumble of any sort. It's fixed like the 320.

Do they meddle with your Tune/Remap during general service? Thinking of taking the remap plunge on my TDi.
Stupid typos. My bad.

Now that you mention it, I never did fold down my Rapid seats but I'm almost certain I was shown how to fold the seats in a demo, but I may be confusing it with a previous car purchase.

I didn't get the car serviced after the remap, but I don't think they'd mess with your map unless it was one of those VAG emissions recalls that happened a year or two ago. Definitely do the Quantum remap. And pair it with a pedal tuner. Was an absolute blast. I still miss the stick shift and that 3rd gear torque wave. Especially for zipping through city traffic. Made my commute a lot more fun!
zebanaff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 10:04   #17

Re: My Baby Blue! BMW 320d F30 LCI Luxury Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
There we have it, folks! That's my review of My Baby Blue. Hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it (which is, a little). Cheers! Will keep this thread updated with new thoughts, observations, and upgrades. Your thoughts and additions are, of course, most welcome.
Congrats buddy, Good choice !!

Curious to know if you have estimated its maintenance cost going forward?
Any annual assumptions/budget you have planned on account of maintenance?
The_Motorist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 11:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Motorist View Post
Congrats buddy, Good choice !!

Curious to know if you have estimated its maintenance cost going forward?
Any annual assumptions/budget you have planned on account of maintenance?
Thanks man!

I am considering taking the BSI plus package but haven't decided yet since the service is due in March. Problem with BSI is that you have to pay for it retroactively from date of registration (in my case, March 2018). The car has had one service done, so I'll take a call based on how my brake pads are doing by March since that's the biggest expense. It really depends on how the brakes last according to my driving style. But I'm assuming 60k a year, give or take, over the 4 years I plan to keep the car, factoring in a new set of rubber.

I did take the extended warranty package to extend it until 2023, which cost me around 1.4L, but worth it for the peace of mind.

Hope this helps!
zebanaff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 12:13   #19
BHPian

Congratulation on your upgrade. I loved the short, swift and uncluttered process you went through to accomplish it. Clarity of thoughts on what you wanted and pouncing on the very first opportunity like it was you last is something that is not possessed by many.

What was BMW thinking launching a car in India without a spare wheel where not on punctures but many other things like sharp edge stones, steel edges, big craters and empty glass bottle conspire to cut short our journeys!

I wish you many happy drives.
RajeevSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 14:42   #20
BHPian

Leave aside the 320d, its your writing that I am in love with. Hilarious and filled with genuine emotions. By the way how are the seats on your new car?
jkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 15:06   #21
BHPian

Congrats mate on a wonderful purchase. Wishing you and your ride a fruitful relationship over the coming years.Kudos on scoring the Med Blue, it does look fabulous.

Keep your thread updated as I am sure a lot of us are already invested in your story and would love to learn from your experiences with the F30.

Slightly OT: I would be in the market in a couple of years and would be looking for a ride in the 30-50 L bracket. Would a new set of wheels or a pre worshipped be the way to go? My go to body style would be a low slung sedan. Would a pre worshipped 5er bring a bigger grin than a new 3er?

I know there is a separate thread on pre worshipped vs new and that throws a lot of light on the prevailing scenario, but i wanted to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. Others too please shed light if you have been in a similar conundrum.
docprashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 16:15   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase & welcome to the 3er club. I know how it feels when the vehicles you pick ends up being sold out but then the right one is always on the way!

Even I feel the F30 LCI to be the best looking 3er and it's a delight to see those rear lamps glow when you unlock the car in the dark! Though one thing I miss in my 3er is definitely that swanky looking digital instrument cluster and I'm still trying to find out if I can get the same on mine. Also, I just read your query above, the iDrive system does not run Apple Car Play nor your version comes with an Aux Port. Btw, do think about giving up on RFTs switching to normal tyres doubles up the entire driving experience. Recently, shifted to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 and the driving experience has become whole lot better especially the overall suspension setup in our damaged urban roads improves a lot.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 17:18   #23
BHPian

Congrats for your new ride. And you sir, have a genuine talent for writing. Give it a shot I'd say.

After reading your review, I have decided to postpone by purchase of the 3 due to two reasons -
1. The seats wont fold
2. No aux
Another one much more insignificant - money in the bank. That will sort itself out in a couple of years, God willing
Sunil2307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 17:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!
Indeed the best looking 3 and the color suits it well.
Have a great and fun time with it.
Wonderful read.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 22:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil2307 View Post
2. No aux
AUX is discontinued in BMW since more people do streaming.

Another reason given, Bluetooth streaming permits multi channel audio which AUX doesn't.

Above reason gievn by BMW dealer after I took up same issue with BMW India for my X1 purchase back in March 2018.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 02:32   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the 320d, dude! Great car, great thread and super writing style. Really enjoyed your review.

Quote:
Of course, no such thing happened. I sheepishly ended up calling back myself 3 days later, to say I'll buy it for 32.5, only for a smug SR to tell me that someone else had bought the car. Hilarious.
Happens to all of us. Even in my search, I realised that used + diesel + BMWs move quickly and it's important to be fast. Actually, even my C220 diesel sold very easily, despite being almost 10 years old and with a manual gearbox.

Quote:
So, as far as overall dealership experience goes, I'd give Infinity Worli's Used Car team a 2/5. Severely underwhelming and downright shabby at times
Sucks. Few new car dealers provide a good experience. Heck, some of my best purchase experiences have been from small + unorganised used car dealers!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 01:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil2307 View Post
Congrats for your new ride. And you sir, have a genuine talent for writing. Give it a shot I'd say.

After reading your review, I have decided to postpone by purchase of the 3 due to two reasons -
1. The seats wont fold
2. No aux
Another one much more insignificant - money in the bank. That will sort itself out in a couple of years, God willing
Haha thanks mate! And good luck. Just to play devil's advocate. Any pre-2017 3 will have an Aux input. Just putting it out there!

And I am a professional writer and comic. So, putting it to good enough use I'd say

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post

What was BMW thinking launching a car in India without a spare wheel where not on punctures but many other things like sharp edge stones, steel edges, big craters and empty glass bottle conspire to cut short our journeys!

I wish you many happy drives.
Seriously, man. The roads are just pathetic. Don't know why ISRO is sending Chandrayaans to ride craters on the moon. They should share the patents with Maruti to make cars for Indian roads. Maruti Swift Chandrayaan Limited Edition.
There's a sure-shot winner for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprashant View Post
Slightly OT: I would be in the market in a couple of years and would be looking for a ride in the 30-50 L bracket. Would a new set of wheels or a pre worshipped be the way to go? My go to body style would be a low slung sedan. Would a pre worshipped 5er bring a bigger grin than a new 3er?
Thank you man!

I think it's really case-by-case. I think for the most part, BMW's Premium Selection is a good bet. Of course, nothing beats the joy (and smell) of a brand new car, but for those of us who get these cars for the love of driving as an indulgence slightly beyond our means, I think it's a pretty sweet deal, but only if you get a car with warranty, so you have that peace of mind. Do bear in mind that buying direct from BMW is a bit more expensive, but considering the car is thoroughly checked and only non-accident/breakdown vehicles are on the catalogue, I think the premium is kinda worth it.

I'm through around 1000km on this car and it's been an absolute treat. She genuinely feels brand new. Every time I'm done washing the car, I can't stop staring at her as she shines under the sunlight. My building watchman thinks I'm crazy. Will get even better once I get my Trizact treatment done! Think ol' Khan the watchman will need therapy after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Congrats on the blue Bimmer, and thank you for pouring a bit of heart and soul into this. You got a great deal on this car, any additional discounts notwithstanding, and I'm sure it'll soothe any automotive itches you might have.

I'd urge you to switch to tubeless over RFTs when the time comes, even if it means delaying the purchase of m-sport alloys. The difference in ride quality is night and day.

Enjoy putting pedal to the metal, have fun bud.
Cheers bro! Also thoroughly enjoyed your review!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th August 2019 at 06:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
zebanaff is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 11:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Haha thanks mate! And good luck. Just to play devil's advocate. Any pre-2017 3 will have an Aux input. Just putting it out there!

And I am a professional writer and comic. So, putting it to good enough use I'd say
I was just trying to play up your review. I do not have any intention of walking away from a 3 just 'coz it doesn't have an Aux. Even my phone doesn't have it.
Old 11th September 2019, 21:22   #29

Great writeup indeed. Loved the touch of humour and the LOTR refs!

But seriously, you have captured the true ownership experience, right from the beginning.

As one has rightly pointed out earlier, buying from the BMW dealer gives you a certain peace of mind so that may compensate the premium in price.

The punctured tyre episode however is unforgivable.
Old 9th July 2020, 21:01   #30
BHPian

You've not updated this thread in a long while. How has it been with your F30? I hope you've been having a superlative ownership experience with no problems. Do let us all know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks