Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2020, 16:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reward of a Risk - Reviving a VW Polo 1.6 Highline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
I did not realise the KL system could process fines for non KL regd cars. I got the flashes each time I drive in Kerala but I haven't received any notices yet. Time to watch out methinks
The entire vehicle database is now hosted centrally (and license information is also going the same way). This means that address details etc. are now available all across India to every state police/RTO unit.
Old 27th July 2020, 19:06   #32
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
This means that address details etc. are now available all across India to every state police/RTO unit.
So would another state police collect these fines? As in can I pay the KL fine to KA police/authorities? I'm curious as to how and whom Ajmat paid. And 10 tickets (assumong 1500 bucks each) is quite a pinch.
Old 28th July 2020, 19:53   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
So would another state police collect these fines? As in can I pay the KL fine to KA police/authorities? I'm curious as to how and whom Ajmat paid. And 10 tickets (assumong 1500 bucks each) is quite a pinch.
Yep, Rs 15000 paid to Kerala's finest. I paid directly to the Kerala Police. The car exceeded speed limits and the fine needed to be paid. Being an out of state car, some might want to chance it but things have strange ways of catching up with you and biting back with a bang!
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 17:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike
I don't think that is legally possible. Because generally the fines collected by a state police unit goes to that state's treasury. But what would certainly happen is that a police official will know the 'antecedents' of a vehicle (and its driver) the moment he stops the vehicle. The license database is also now getting centralised (it is 90% done), which means that India may soon go in for a point system. And repeat violations become easily traceable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Being an out of state car, some might want to chance it but things have strange ways of catching up with you and biting back with a bang!
You did the right thing. From my own observations; these things (like unpaid fines or unsettled government related issues) generally come up as a "bonus" when you are already neck deep in some other trouble.
Old 10th February 2022, 22:11   #35
BHPian

Hey Ajmat,

Brilliant thread, enjoyed reading it till the very end. I was very curious my close friend is currently searching for a well kept Polo 1.6 MPI or Polo 1.6 TDI. Seeing how you mentioned how you picked yours up for 3 lakhs with just 28k on the odo, My friend recently test drove a 10 year 1.6 MPI with roughly 86k on the odo, dealer was quoting 3.85 Lakhs. After reading your thread I did not feel it was a fair price if you could shed some light on my dilemma it would be really helpful.

Cheers

Cliff
Old 6th January 2024, 22:54   #36
Team-BHP Support

Just an update. That car had been running smoothly over the past couple of years. It did require a new steering rack (which was Chinese made!). Otherwise service was routine.

The AC stopped working which was due to a corroded AC Coil. Took the car to WeCool - Markam Road. The mechanic on duty there confirmed this and asked me to call the proprietor -Tobias who asked me to leave the car there on a particular day. (He has space constraints). Left it with him and he changed the coil. It was a dash out job so airbag lights popped up. Car was returned with a powerful AC and no additional creaks.

I serviced it in October. The bill was around Rs 10000.

It was time to get my wife an automatic so this December, an Elevate arrived so the Polo needed to find a new home. Advertised on the forum and the car generated a lot of interest. Two people saw it. It was a question of meeting the target price and the ability to complete the deal. The first person wanted that car but was only able to offer a minimum price. Kept trying to meet me face to face asking for empathy etc. The second person gave me a realistic offer and was responsive so he won and completed everything in days.

It left us in a better condition than we got it.

The Polo will have a happy life going on treks with the new owner and his dog! I could not be happier!

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd March 2024 at 15:53.
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks