Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 23:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4rayan.jagdish View Post
Despite these engines are already run-in, given my old-school nature of driving not too fast till I complete 1,000 Kms, I was cruising along at 100-110 Km/H, since post 120, the speed chime is constant and is very irritating (although not too loud) especially if you have no music on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriramkishi View Post
I bought the Sunset Red.
Hi Narayan and Sriram, we found some issues in the facelift model (my car, Dec 2019 manufactured) and a friend's car (bought in Oct).
1. There is a distinct vibration felt between 3000 and 3200 rpm. A gurgling noise of sorts and feels like it is coming from a bearing.

2. You can hear clicks when the steering is turned at slow speeds. The slipper bearing was not aligned properly in my friend's car and he got it fixed. I see the same issue in my car.

3. My car goes into limp mode with EPC light on when driven over 120 Kmph for long stretches or there is a sudden drop in rpm and I immediately rev hard. The error code P334B points to a boost pressure actuator issue.

Since you both also have the TSIs of the same batch, I thought of checking with you about these issues. You don't have PM enabled. If possible PM me your phone numbers, we can chat.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 01:12   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Hi Narayan and Sriram, we found some issues in the facelift model (my car, Dec 2019 manufactured) and a friend's car (bought in Oct).
1. There is a distinct vibration felt between 3000 and 3200 rpm. A gurgling noise of sorts and feels like it is coming from a bearing.
- Haven't felt this.

Quote:
2. You can hear clicks when the steering is turned at slow speeds. The slipper bearing was not aligned properly in my friend's car and he got it fixed. I see the same issue in my car.
- I can not only hear clicks but kind of a slight grind (as if a rod is being rotated and there is friction) even when my car is in idle mode and i turn the wheel. I checked in my friends Ameo and it had the same sound so I didn't think much. I noticed this on other new GT TSI's as well (Facelift model). Now that you've mentioned it, I might check it out.

Quote:
3. My car goes into limp mode with EPC light on when driven over 120 Kmph for long stretches or there is a sudden drop in rpm and I immediately rev hard. The error code P334B points to a boost pressure actuator issue.
- Haven't faced this problem. I have done 4 trips (Mumbai - Bengaluru) in 2 months time since i purchased the car in Oct'19.

Quote:
Since you both also have the TSIs of the same batch, I thought of checking with you about these issues. You don't have PM enabled. If possible PM me your phone numbers, we can chat.
- I don't think I have the ability to send PM's as well. You can ping me on 9819888951. I might not have been too helpful. If possible let's catch up over the weekend and maybe you could check out my car yourself.
Old 17th January 2020, 17:21   #48

Quote:
Hi Narayan and Sriram, we found some issues in the facelift model (my car, Dec 2019 manufactured) and a friend's car (bought in Oct). Since you both also have the TSIs of the same batch, I thought of checking with you about these issues. You don't have PM enabled. If possible PM me your phone numbers, we can chat.
Ramesh, I have not faced any of the issues yet in my car. I have driven 750 kms as of now, and I can update you when the car goes in for first service.

As far as highway driving is concerned, I did get a chance to rev it upto 3.5 in sport mode and did not get any vibration as you have mentioned, Except for turbo kicking in and the sudden G force pushing me back to the seat Had cruise control on at 120, and it was as smooth as it gets. City driving has been comfortable too, although the steering is now less tight when maneuvering at slow speeds - I believe thats how it is for a new car
Old 30th January 2020, 17:51   #49

Hello!

My first ever post. I have just booked a 2019 Sunset red (they should have named it orange, no?)

This car is for my wife. I drive a 2014 Dec petrol Altis and this one will be a city only car. We are a family of four and considering the GT’s highway manners, I might use it for my road trips too.
My wife is still not convinced that she needs a hatch that costs 11lakhs! She was okay for a Glanza. I test drove a CVT this morning and it was just okay. She kept arguing that Toyota offers a 60% buy back (not sure if this is an assurance or just a TVC that talks about the resale value). And my only argument is that the GT is a safer car with great driving dynamics. And to counter her resale value move, I told her that the 1.2l 4 cylinder engine will have a lot of demand in the future in the used car market since the newer one is only a 1L 3 cylinder and a likely non-DSG. Am I right or I am thinking only from my perspective?
Old 31st January 2020, 09:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairam_ramani View Post
Am I right or I am thinking only from my perspective?
Hi sir, do tell your wife that the Polo GT TSI has the best engine-gearbox combination in the hatchback segment. It is fairly more smooth and powerful than the Glanza(Baleno) CVT. Plus, it's far more solidly built, and is an excellent highway cruiser, feeling planted on the road. The only downside is that rear seat space is at a premium.

Overall, despite the Polo being a decade old model, I'm sure that even the moderators would whole-heartedly recommend the GT TSI over the Glanza.
Old 31st January 2020, 12:22   #51

Quote:
I told her that the 1.2l 4 cylinder engine will have a lot of demand in the future in the used car market since the newer one is only a 1L 3 cylinder and a likely non-DSG. Am I right or I am thinking only from my perspective?
Sai, I'm not sure about the transmission, but the new 1L 3 cylinder engine too has already proved that it packs a punch. It has won several awards in Europe. Here is a link to the official press release of VW. Got this from another BHPian's post

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/...s-releases/224
Old 31st January 2020, 17:55   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Hi sir, do tell your wife that the Polo GT TSI has the best engine-gearbox combination in the hatchback segment. It is fairly more smooth and powerful than the Glanza(Baleno) CVT. Plus, it's far more solidly built, and is an excellent highway cruiser, feeling planted on the road. The only downside is that rear seat space is at a premium.

Overall, despite the Polo being a decade old model, I'm sure that even the moderators would whole-heartedly recommend the GT TSI over the Glanza.
I own both cars - CVT Alpha and the GT TSI. So pitching in.

+ves of Baleno CVT:
  • Far more spacious, especially at the rear. In case you use a high-end infant/kid seat with Isofix, no brainer - the Polo just doesn't cut it.
  • Consistently more FE within the City - at least 1 - 3 kmpl more
  • Slightly more comfortable ride quality
  • Better service experience - though may differ basis where you live.
  • Zero niggles, no rattles in 2.5 years.
  • CVT is ok - can easily get used to it. Smooth delivery.
  • The seatbelt height adjust is a boon

-ves:
  • Power, not sure if that really matters to your wife. It is by no means under-powered in a typical city - will take a week to getting used to throttle control and how to make the CVT 'listen' to you.
  • CVT makes an audible whine. Given the refinement of the engine (a notch better than the Polo), this is a negative. The polo, despite the dsg clunks, is far better.
  • Highway high speed drives - no comparison at all
  • Noticeably poorer/thinner plastics and metal - reduces the feel good factor

If you want a more practical, spacious, fuel efficient, zero niggles, easy to service A to B city drive, Baleno. If you want an exciting drive, Polo - period.
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 15:02   #53

Quote:

Is it felt on the accelerator pedal? I felt the same when I test drive our new car, which got home delivered 30 mins ago. This is a demo car that drive almost 7k kms. It’s a facelift model manufactured Oct 2019.

The car drives extremely sweet. But felt this awkward vibration (of sort) on the accelerator when the car is slowing down from 100kms to 80 kms. Is it a known issue and is there a fix?
Old 12th February 2020, 15:35   #54

The car has been delivered at home and I am at work. Have to wait for the next six hours to see it! Sigh!
Attached Thumbnails
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-4d819afaeec048719739bf58c59c9590.jpeg  

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-3238beaa6e3e475fa411dfb2877cea5f.jpeg  

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-44453ccc9a7c491b93ac8d5a804676e1.jpeg  

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-4b4f4882535a46abb276aae8858316d6.jpeg  

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-3afa82a44d0e4f34b090e33e2f2c919b.jpeg  

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-2d3669c2bf3949df852f1cf9e09e4703.jpeg  

Sairam_ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 17:31   #55
BHPian

Quote:
The car has been delivered at home and I am at work. Have to wait for the next six hours to see it! Sigh!
Congrats on your new GT!

Does the Ramani VW happen to be the one in Coimbatore?
Old 16th February 2020, 12:27   #56
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Posting this query because this is one of the latest ongoing treads on Polo GT TSI. I recently bought a Polo GT, it has been just 2 months. This is my 8th car which I have owned personally and my first VW. I am facing few issues and was wondering if the fellow Polo TSI owners do face similar issues.
First - My door panels make noises like rubbing or twisting when on undulated roads or on some speed breakers.
Second - My DSG gearbox cover (From the silver panel) came off once while shifting my gear from Neutral to Drive. I was shocked. I stopped my car and placed it back by pressing it back to its place. It did not come off since but I am still nervous.
Third - I feel very hot around the footwell of the car. I always have to drive with my aircon vents open to the footwell as well. This is the first time I have to drive almost full time with the AC wents open to the footwell. I know to a fact that the TSI engine heats up pretty bad but just wondering does the heat transfer inside the cabin?

Last edited by anoopash : 16th February 2020 at 12:29. Reason: Typo errors
Old 17th February 2020, 15:19   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopash View Post
First - My door panels make noises like rubbing or twisting when on undulated roads or on some speed breakers.
Anoop - I'm definitely facing this issue. I do get that rubbing sound at slow speeds when driving over pot holes or speed brakers and I get it on both sides in the front. It felt more like as if the glass windows were rubbing the insides of door panel. During first service/general check up, the technician said everthing is fine, so I did not worry about it much. Your DSG issue sure sounds scary. Hope you get it resolved quickly !
Sriramkishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 18:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopash View Post
Second - My DSG gearbox cover (From the silver panel) came off once while shifting my gear from Neutral to Drive. I was shocked. I stopped my car and placed it back by pressing it back to its place. It did not come off since but I am still nervous.
Third - I feel very hot around the footwell of the car. I always have to drive with my aircon vents open to the footwell as well. This is the first time I have to drive almost full time with the AC wents open to the footwell. I know to a fact that the TSI engine heats up pretty bad but just wondering does the heat transfer inside the cabin?
1) This is a known issue. See https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...r-rattles.html (DIY - VW Polo/Vento: Getting rid of Door Rattles) for a DIY fix.

2) If it's just an interior panel, it's probably nothing to worry about. Just a loose clip.

3) Check to see if the coolant temp exceeds 90 when this is happening. If not, it should be nothing to worry about.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 17:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Why have they installed a beige hand rest? Please insist to get a black one to suit the interior better.
lionell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 15:42   #60
BANNED

The Volkswagen India site now only lists the Polo GT in Diesel, no petrol and all other Polo models now shown as 1.0 ltr, 3 cyl engine and 1.5 Diesel

Last edited by zaks : 23rd February 2020 at 15:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks