Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2019, 23:16   #1

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed

Firstly, a HUGE THANK YOU to the TEAM-BHP Administrators for approving my application to join this elite community. I hope I am able to live up to the high standards of this forum.

I have been using T-BHP for almost a decade and my membership was approved recently. This is my first post and I'm risking it all by writing an ownership thread *Prays to God*.

This is my ownership review of the newest member of our family - 2019 Polo GT TSI (Face-lift) a.k.a 'sNooPy'. I brought him home on 31st Oct'19 and he has completed around 1500 Kms so far. The reason for the name is because, i used this as my gaming nick when I used to participate in Need for Speed Tournaments at the National level and this nickname has been very lucky to me. Hence i passed it on to my car.

I would like to thank my Parents for supporting my decision to make this purchase. My younger cousin brother (Anirudh Shankar) for suggesting the Polo GT TSI and helping me right from, arranging a Test-Drive to finalising the deal with the Sales Rep. He also helped me with the seat covers, since he has a contact from whom he has installed seat covers for all his cars that he's owned (4) over the years.

There are a lot of pictures in this thread and it has been segregated accordingly:

Post Delivery Installs - 2nd & 3rd post for pictures and details -
===========================================
Interiors & Seat covers - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assem...ml#post4691275

Fresh pair of Eyes - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assem...ml#post4691278

Road-trip to Bangalore and overall experience (Pros and cons) - 4th Post for pictures and info.
================================================== ========
- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assem...ml#post4691283

- DSG Transmission (Works like a charm!)
- Silent but a powerful engine (even the high rev's are not too loud and i personally love the noise)
- "D" mode is sufficient in highways.
- "S" is when this mini-demon shows its true potential. Can be used to overtake in inclines when you absolutely need the surge in power.
- Stable ride even at high speeds (especially when cornering)
- Ride quality isn't bad despite the stiff suspension (Especially on bad roads)
- 16" alloy wheels from the get-go
- It is a driver's car!

I am being quite nit-picky about the dislikes:

Dislikes
=======
- Inferior braking power
- No Reflector headlamps even after multiple face-lift's
- Switch provided to turn on / off the headlight in the TSI variant are too shabby (The ones in TDI look so much better)
- Speed warning chime. Once every 60 seconds on 80 Kmph and constantly beeping once you go past 120 Kmph (At-least give us the option to disable it at 80 kmph)
- Post 80 Kmph, MID removes any other values that we may have set and keeps displaying the 80 Kmph warning.
- No engine guard (cover) for TSI's, like the ones offered in the Diesel variants (This is something I really wanted)

Requirements:
==============
When we had first purchased our Swift VDi (back in Jan'11), I had decided that my next car would be of a 'German' brand. Over the years, drove different cars (Hyundai, Honda, Skoda, BMW) (Thank you family & friends), however I wasn't able to decide.

When I decided to buy a new car, I only had a few requirements:

- It should have an Automatic Gearbox (Since I am going to be in Bangalore, we all know how the traffic is. Also, I mainly wanted to give my left leg a break)

- More than 75 BHP - I have been driving my Swift (75 BHP), for over 8 years, I had pretty much mastered how the vehicle hands at high speeds, how fast can it go, when to shift down to rev, how long will it take to stop, etc. and I felt it was time to move on to a more powerful engine. I didn't want anything beyond a 110 BHP as it would just be "too" powerful for me to tame.

- Hatchback please! - Since i am yet to start a family, I personally felt that anything more than a hatchback would be a waste, since it wouldn't be used what-so-ever. Since I am now in Bangalore and my parents are in Mumbai with our Swift (Shaanti - yes that's her name), a sedan just did not make sense to me. I also have plans to upgrade to a Sedan maybe 3-4 years from now, so it had to be a hatchback.

- Build quality - I wanted one that felt grounded & heavy, and wouldn't feel light. In the unlikely event of an accident, it still has to be strong enough to withstand impact.

- Features - Just the basic requirement of Airbags. My Swift VDi was the top model, however did not include Airbags. The Dzire had ZXi and ZDi, however there wasn't a ZDi in Swift (Not sure the strategy behind that), but that was it.

- 'German' brand - Well my dad is a big fan of German vehicles, although we didn't own one prior to the Polo, but my dad always says "German's know how to build cars"

- Seating space - As much as my Swift 2011 variant. I do not intend to have 3 people on the backseat ever. It is going to be a 4 person car!

I had studied this forum inside-out for all details about several brands (Never have a done so much research in my life, felt very good and my knowledge has definitely gone up by a factor of 1 on a scale of 1-10) - reviews, ownership's, problems, BS-IV vs VI engines, DSG's.

My younger cousin owns a Skoda Rapid (Diesel - DSG) that I had driven it quite a few times and I started loving it. So taking all this into consideration, and my cousin brother constantly bragging about the Polo (as his friend too had purchased one quite recently), I decided to opt for the Polo GT TSI.

Test Drive, Booking & Delivery Experience:
===========================
Since I had done extensive research on the T-BHP forums on different cars including the Polo GT TSI, the decision to buy the car was quick for me. Travelling from Bangalore to Mumbai for Diwali vacation - Reached Mumbai on 17th, spoke to my cousin and the very next day, he had convinced me that Polo would be the best buy as per my requirements.

I had a maximum budget of Rs. 12L, however since I live on rent in Bangalore, amongst other savings and expenditures, the maximum EMI I could afford was around 19,000 (Of-course I had to take a loan)

My cousin spoke to a friend who had very recently purchased a car from the Volkswagen Autobahn Dealership in Nerul, Navi Mumbai. He quickly got in touch with the Sales Rep. and had arranged a Test Drive for me on 18th Oct'19.

The Sales rep. was kind enough to bring the car to Chembur and I had specifically asked him to get the car in the evening as there would be traffic on the road which would help me experience bumper to bumper traffic as well.

The Demo car had ~550 Kms on the ODO. I took a short round amidst the heavy traffic of Chembur (Near Diamond Garden) and I was very pleased with the refinement of the gearbox. The transmissions was very smooth and effective (I could hardly tell when the car switched from D2 <-> D1 and vise versa).

Next up, was the manual mode:
- Being a manual boy all my life, I am used to engine braking to help the brakes when slowing down the car, or in the unlikely event of bringing the car to a quick halt. So in manual mode, i drove the car to about 100 Km/H on the 5th gear, and then brought it down to 3rd. To my surprise, there was no signs of engine braking, but instead the car revved at about 5.5 - 6K RPM and was continuing to roll. It kinda felt that the engine wanted me to rev it higher, despite being very close to the red-line (Whereas I wanted it to slow down). My cousin on the backseat laughingly commented that I would have to change my driving style and I could not do the things that I have been doing all my life (engine braking). In this mode, the car will NOT up-shift automatically, however will down-shift automatically depending on the speed of the car.

- In regards to stability, given the stiff suspension configuration, (Not too stiff) mini potholes and bumps on the road were felt inside, however I did not mind that. The car felt grounded to the road despite me going past 100 Km/H (freeway). The body roll was to my liking and I was confident.

- I wasn't too satisfied with the brakes when I went at higher speeds and slammed the brakes. However, I felt I had much better stopping power, if I used the Pump method (brake hard, release, brake hard again). My cousin did not like the fact that I did this, since he was sitting on the rear seat and was rocking back and forth (He forgot to wear his seat-belt).

Post a 30-40 minute test drive doing multiple simulations (Bumper-to-bumper traffic, slow, fast speeds, driving on bad roads, small roads, highway), I was impressed the way the car handled itself and the feedback it gave. I didn't want to let go of the Demo car.

Informed the Sales Rep, that I would like to buy one and he asked me to come over to the Dealership (located in Nerul) the next day. I told him I stay in Nerul and would be there by 10:00AM.

The experience at the Dealership was surprisingly pretty good (Rating 8-10). The Sales Rep. showed me the newer face-lift model of the Polo. It primarily consisted of exterior aesthetics. It gave me the impressions of the GTI.

- Front & Side Skirts (Although Rubber, they give the car a sportier look)
- Rear Skirting / Diffuser
- Honeycomb Front Grill.
- Rear brake light design reminded me of the GTI.
- Spoiler
- Black Roof
- 16" Alloy rims.
- GT Line Vinyl on both sides of the door.
- GT Line Logo on both sides of the Front door.

Since the Roof would be black in colour (3M Vinyl Gloss Black Wrap), to have contrast and a sporty look for the car, I opted for the 'Candy White'. My mom had seen the blue in the brochure and liked it, however there was a blue Polo in our building. My mom quickly changed her mind on seeing it and both my parents agreed for the White.

The cost of the face-lift model was coming to Rs. 11,70,000 /- OTR. The Rep was hesitant to give any discounts (Dealership / otherwise) as the face-lift model was extremely new and was stuck to his ground. He did however was ready to give up-to 90,000 in discount for the non-face-lift model. I was inclined towards the face-lift as the car looked more refreshed (Although minor changes). After a lot of back-and-forth, we finalised the deal for 11,60,000 OTR along with the below add-ons:

- Rear Camera
- Arm Rest
- Mud Flaps
- Sun blinds (Rear passenger Windows, Quarter Glass on the C Pillar & Rear Windshield)

On checking how old the car would be from a production perspective, I was informed that the age of the car would be about ~3 months old ~July / August.

Gave an initial booking amount of 10,000 and informed the Rep that I would get the loan processed from HDFC (salary account in HDFC). Thanks to elections on the 21st Oct'19, banks were closed. Went to HDFC on the 22nd and the loan was approved and dispatched to the Dealer on the 23rd. Took a loan of Rs. 9,00,000 (Had done the calculation like a mathematician before taking it and paid the remaining using NEFT). I have plans to clear off to the loan in 3 years time.

I had informed the dealer that I would be needing the car ASAP since I would be leaving for Bangalore on 1st November and I would need the car by 30th along with the HSRP Number plates. The Rep said that he would do his best to get it done, since thanks to Diwali and Bhai Dhuj, it was a long weekend (26th - 29th) the RTO would be closed.

I would actually leaving for Bangalore on 5th Nov'19, however did not want to tell the Rep. that, as he might have taken longer to deliver the vehicle.

As expected, there were delays with the paperwork getting processed by the dealership. In the end, the Sales Rep. came through and at the end, delivered the car on the 31st Oct'19. Had done a PDC a few hours before taking the delivery and the car was manufactured on 31st July'19.

Thank you for being patient. Without further ado, I present to you - 'sNooPy'

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-1.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-5.jpg

Dad (my poojari) making sure our newest family member is blessed as it was my first purchase.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-2.jpg

ODO Reading: ~17 Kms.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-3.jpg

Thanking the Sales Rep - Amol
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-4.jpg

More images of the car (This is post the drive to Bangalore)
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-6.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-7.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-8.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-9.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-10.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-11.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-12.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-13.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-14.jpg

3M Vinyl Gloss black Wrap for the roof (Company installed)
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-15.jpg

GT Line Badge:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-16.jpg

16"Alloys with Apollo Alnac 4G - 195/55/16 - 87H
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-17.jpg

Some more body-shots:

The rear washer is conveniently masked in the brake-light below the spoiler. The mesh that you see in the rear-windshield is the sun-blind mesh that I got installed from the Dealership.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-18.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-19.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-20.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-21.jpg

Information on the quality of food that needs to be given to him along with the ideal comfort for his shoes.

Recommended 95 RON.
Minimum 91 RON
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191112_141623.jpg

Under the hood:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-24.jpg

The heart and soul of sNooPy. Wish the GT TSI would get a engine cover similar to the one in the TDI (Really wanted it, as my Swift (VDi) has it too and it gives a cleaner look with some added protection)
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-25.jpg

It gives additional confidence, seeing Audi too has collaborated for tuning the engine.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-26.jpg

Pretty decent space in front of the engine in the event of a crash:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-27.jpg

Similarly, at the back of the engine as well.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-28.jpg

More pictures in the next post.

The car felt incomplete because of a few things missing:

I had to wait for the following items:
- HSRP Plate (Took 2 days)
- Arm Rest (Still pending - VW does not have them stocked thanks to Diwali )
- Mud Flaps (Still pending, as the face-lift model has the side-skirts and the existing ones cannot be attached. Wrote to VW and they say that it'll be available sometime this week i.e. ~15th Nov'19)

Drove the car ~400 Kms in the next couple of days in Mumbai to get used to the DSG and to introduce our new family member to my cousins & relatives.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th November 2019 at 06:40. Reason: Breaking - Braking
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 00:05   #2

re: My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed

Pictures continued...

Interiors:
=======
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-31.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-32.jpg

Plastic headlight knob in the GT TSI. The GT TDI gets a better looking one. Checked with the Dealership in Bangalore and they said it'll cost ~8,000 for the entire assembly. Maybe a future DIY
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-33.jpg

Center console:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-34.jpg

Head-unit. Touch screen with the required features. Can integrate it easily with our mobile devices (Android / Apple / Mirorlink) and it works like a charm. Although I am an Audiophile, the stock system does give decent output and quality. Might consider doing an ICE upgrade in the future. There are 4 speakers (1 in each door)
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-35.jpg

Reverse Camera. I have installed it at the lowest level possible in the bumper. The Service fellow informed me that at the usual position near the sensors, it would face "upwards". The reason for this level is easier for me to identify any stones / obstructions that is not detected by the sensors. This position, however does not align with the sides of the car, but I feel, for my requirement it's the best place possible. (No sensors / camera in my Swift, hence this is super convenient)
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-30.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-37.jpg

Pretty well lit Glove box:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-41.jpg

Cooled Glove box. It's a rotational knob that allows you to open / close the vents. Currently it's closed.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-42.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-43.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-44.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-45.jpg

Sun-blind mesh. Got it installed in the Rear Windows, Quarter Glass on the C Pillar and the rear Windshield. Sorry only have 1 picture.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-40.jpg

GT TSI badge inside the door. This badge is present on both sides of the Front door. It's not LED lit.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191112_141654.jpg

Post Delivery Installs
================
- Installed Full Black PU Leather Seat-covers along with PU leather flooring inside the car (including over the dead-pedal and a mat in the trunk)

Seat cover along with the height adjuster lever:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-36.jpg

PU Leather flooring throughout below the mat. Only 1 picture of the driver's side.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-38.jpg

In the trunk:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-22.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-23.jpg

Arm Rest (Still pending - VW does not have them stocked thanks to Diwali. Drove to Bangalore without one. Luckily was using the left-hand for indicators so that it doesn't fall asleep ^^)
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-39.jpg

Front seats - Wanted a simple black finish to match the interiors.
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-46.jpg

Last edited by n4rayan.jagdish : 12th November 2019 at 14:38.
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 00:25   #3

Continued...

There were a few things that I wanted to get done before I would leave for Bengaluru along with him: (seat covers in previous post)

Fresh pair of Eyes:
- Got the P8 HID's 4300K installed for the Low Beam (90-95% of my driving, I only use low beams. Thanks to T-BHP forums once again for educating me about Reflectors vs Projector headlamps, Lumen power, differences of bulb). Although the car has reflector head-lamps, the light dispersion is perfect and does not hinder on-coming traffic. Might think about upgrading to projector housing in the future.

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-49.jpg

- OSRAM LED's 6000K for the High Beam - Mainly for signalling cars to move aside for me to over-take them & most importantly to make on-coming vehicles to switch from high to low beam till the time they don't pass me. (I still am yet to understand why high-beam all the time, even when the road is lit )

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-48.jpg

- RAZZOR LED's 6000k for fog lights - Mainly to give the car an overall "white" look, but it does brighten up the sides of the road even more.

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-47.jpg

Picture of light dispertion. This is at our basement parking at our company office.(Bellandur). Following pictures have not been edited in any way

With Headlights off:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-50.jpg

Low Beam: (highest focus)
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-51.jpg

Low + High Beam:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-52.jpg

Low + High + Fog Lights:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-53.jpg

Front View:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-55.jpg

Close range side shot:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-54.jpg

Rear lights:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-56.jpg

Rear lights with brakes:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191112_180051.jpg

Rear lights with brakes and reverse engaged:
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191112_180105.jpg

Well lit cabin along with red dashboard highlights. There are lights at the foot of the driver and passenger along with the center light (All yellow).
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-57.jpg

Pictures of the key:

- Long pressing the unlock / lock button will slide all the passenger windows down / up respectively.

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191112_161313.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191112_161301.jpg
My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191112_161331.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 13th November 2019 at 12:41.
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 00:39   #4

Road Trip to Bangalore:

5th Nov'19 - 5:15 AM (IST) - With everything packed, waved good-bye to my parents and left with snoopy for the long drive from Navi Mumbai (Nerul) - Bengaluru (Bellandur).

Since I was supposed to be working on 5th (Night shift), I wanted to finish the journey on the same day.

Time reached - Company Parking (Bellandur): 8:34 PM (IST)

I have included some pictures of my journey. Please forgive the bad quality. I was driving alone.

Beautiful roads with the exception of certain patches and diversions. Mumbai - Bangalore (vise-versa) can be completed in or under ~12 hours given the right conditions.

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b1.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b2.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b3.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b4.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b5.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b6.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b7.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b8.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b9.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b10.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b11.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b12.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b13.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b14.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b15.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b16.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b17.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b18.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b19.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b20.jpg

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-b21.jpg

Parked the car next to my friends VW Ameo TDI (DSG Automatic). Quick comparison between the Face-lift and the non-face-lift variants.

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-58.jpg

Travel time: 16 hours 23 mins.

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191105_203224.jpg

Distance covered: 980.3 Kms
Mileage: 16.4 KM/L

My 2019 VW Polo GT TSI Facelift aka 'sNooPy' | EDIT: 19,000 km completed-img_20191105_203158.jpg

A few drives in bumper-to-bumper traffic / medium traffic, 'sNooPy' gives me around 6-8 / 9-12 KM/L respectively. For those who seek mileage beyond this in city, i wouldn't recommend this car.

Overall
=======
I am super happy with the way "sNooPy" has been performing and I am extremely happy the way it behaved during my entire journey. It is indeed a driver's vehicle! When you need power, there is plenty of it. Unlike the Butt-kick turbo configuration in my Swift VDi, the variable geometric turbo configuration is very linear and gives you ample power right from 1500 RPM all the way to 4500+ RPM. It adjusts the response of the engine basis how hard you press the pedal. The throttle response decides how much power you require and adjusts itself brilliantly. I was able to hit D7 at speeds of 60 Kmph, however if i add a little bit more pressure, the ECU detects the slight change and quickly downshifts and you have the power to accelerate quicker. Forcing it a bit more, will switch to D5 / D4. If you want it to hold the road at high speeds, it will stick like a magnet. If you need a smoother ride, turn off "Traction Control" and it will feel even more smoother. The AC cooling in my eyes, is more than sufficient when it is set to Auto mode at 21°-22°C. Throughout my journey, mainly during the afternoon heat, I had kept it at the lowest fan speed and the cabin was still well cooled. In my road-trip, i was able to experience the ride quality and handling on all road-types (Highway, Good roads, Concrete, cement, tarmac, pot-hols, uneven roads with horrible asphalt, traffic, you-name-it...) and was pleased with the way he handles and behaves. The steering stiffness at high-speeds (beyond 80kmph) could have a bit a tad more stiffer, however I am yet to experience the response beyond a 130kmph. Braking is the biggest drawback for me. Since there is no engine braking even in manual modes, the car will tend to roll no matter what gear you're on and the responsibility for stopping the car is entirely dependent on the brakes. This is where the "pump-method" (brake hard-release-brake-hard again) will be helpful, however this can't be done all the time especially in emergencies. There should be a mechanism where engine-braking can be incorporated in manual mode. The Ground clearance I feel is sufficient (5mm less than my 2011 Swift VDi,) as I did not manage to scrap the body with 4 people in the car on a decently sized speed-breaker on a recent mini-road trip. I wouldn't call this call a 5 seater, but instead a 4 adult seater with a child in the center, thanks to the pretty big transmission bump in the center. However I do feel that the "higher bump" adds to the overall rigidity of the car. The ORVM's offer good visibility, due to the type of lens used for a wider view of the traffic - pretty sufficient for me, then again you can always turn a bit to ensure that no vehicle is there on the blind spot. Since I have the sun-blinds on the rear windshield, along with the auto-dimming IRVM, the lights thrown of other cars behind you during night does not disturb me what-so-ever, and yet it is sufficient for me to still see the distance between me and the rear vehicles. The electronics offered in the car are pretty good as well (Rain-sensing wipers, parking sensor). The car also comes equipped with Hill-hold. This is a truly amazing feature as it holds the car for an easy 2-3 seconds (did not try beyond that) on an incline and doesn't let the car move behind with it set to Drive mode without hand-brakes. It needn't be a steep incline, even on our normal roads if there if the vehicle detects a slight incline, it will not let the car go back when it is in a stand-still position. Although, I am a bit of an audiophile, the stock system offered in the car is "decent" and I have no plans to make any changes at this point in time. The other con is the installation of the rear parking camera. The Dealership asked me to install it below the number plate, since at its default position of the bumper near the parking sensors, the angle of the camera is faced upwards (saw it on another car that was at the dealership). Since it is installed at the lower most end of the body, the sides of the camera do not align with the corners of the car, however this is where the sensors are extremely handy and start going-off when it detects an object in decent distance. The sensors and the camera will help me park even more confidently, since I am used to parking my Swift without any sensors or cameras.

Despite these engines are already run-in, given my old-school nature of driving not too fast till I complete 1,000 Kms, I was cruising along at 100-110 Km/H, since post 120, the speed chime is constant and is very irritating (although not too loud) especially if you have no music on. Got the first service done at VW Bangalore, however they tried but were not able to disable it. Need to find an alternate way.

The only compliant i have is that the driver side window has a slight rattle (not sure how to get it fixed). Gave the car for its First service in Bengaluru at 1418 Kms and they sprayed something to make it go away. It did at first, but now it is back. It is only noticeable if you have no music on and is pretty faint. If someone can help me out with this, that'd be great.

Also, i believe during my journey to Bangalore, something might have come loose on the left fog-light, as there is slight moisture accumulation. I noticed this post my car getting washed here. This wasn't there when I had got the 3M treatment done post changing the bulbs in Mumbai. I stay at HSR and I do not know any good mechanic / light fellow. Need a trusted workman to get this checked to see if the fitting of the LED has moved leaving a gap somewhere OR if there is a crack (can't seem to find it).

"I have tried my best to write a balanced ownership review. Please forgive me in-case it is too long or not comprehensive enough"

Cheers!
- Narayan 'sNooPy' Jagdish

Last edited by Aditya : 13th November 2019 at 12:40. Reason: Typos
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 08:10   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 09:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4rayan.jagdish View Post

Firstly, a HUGE THANK YOU to the TEAM-BHP Administrators for approving my application. This is my first post and I'm risking it all by writing an ownership thread *Prays to God*.
Welcome to the forum Narayan

The only risk that you may have on this forum is its addiction and the sort of knowledge it empowers you with. So you are all right buddy.

Quote:
This is my ownership review of the newest member of our family - 2019 Polo GT TSI (Face-lift) a.k.a 'sNooPy'. I brought him home on 31st Oct'19 and he has completed around 1500 Kms so far.
Congrats on your latest acquisition and welcome to the GT club

VW POLO GT is not the most VFM, does not offer any latest features nor does it retail as the most sort after car in the market...but ask an enthusiast and you'd know why it still sells in healthy numbers. The car itself may not be really perfect, but one can almost not go wrong by getting one. That tail cluster looks sweet and that is one of the first things I am swapping on my GT for sure.

Can you please share the price details and the place of purchase for those headlight & fog bulbs?

Wishing you a very happy and fun-filled motoring.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 13th November 2019 at 09:06.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 09:40   #7

Posting a normal reply as I am yet to learn on how to use the "Quote" feature

First thing - correcting 1 minor detail in the "Dislikes" of the car.

- No Projector* headlamps despite multiple face-lift's.

Thank you Vik! I bought the Polo GT as it is a car that does not boast features, but one has to be skilled in order to make use of its full potential. It's more like the car chooses its driver (If you know what I mean)

I purchased the LED's and HID's from Navi Mumbai prior to leaving for Bangalore. Shop name - Siddhi accessories in Sector 17 Vashi. Got it installed from a trusted fellow whom I've known for years.

Don't remember the exact pricing, but can provide a very close approximate.

P8 HID's = ~7500
OSRAM's = ~4500
RAZZOR's = ~3500

Last edited by n4rayan.jagdish : 13th November 2019 at 10:00.
n4rayan.jagdish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 11:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4rayan.jagdish View Post
Posting a normal reply as I am yet to learn on how to use the "Quote" feature

First thing - correcting 1 minor detail in the "Dislikes" of the car.

- No Projector* headlamps despite multiple face-lift's.

Thank you Vik! I bought the Polo GT as it is a car that does not boast features, but one has to be skilled in order to make use of its full potential. It's more like the car chooses its driver (If you know what I mean)

I purchased the LED's and HID's from Navi Mumbai prior to leaving for Bangalore. Shop name - Siddhi accessories in Sector 17 Vashi. Got it installed from a trusted fellow whom I've known for years.

Don't remember the exact pricing, but can provide a very close approximate.

P8 HID's = ~7500
OSRAM's = ~4500
RAZZOR's = ~3500
Thank you for this information. I have a Vento Tsi and have been considering upgrading the fog lamps.
Are the Fog lamps a direct fit? And do they not require any additional wiring?

I am concerned that these should not impact vw warranty.

Any thoughts?
Old 13th November 2019, 11:58   #9
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase, n4rayan.jagdish! It is a beauty! It was a well-crafted review with so many pictures to see! The car buying process reminded me of our Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDi years ago! But the Volkswagen has decidedly more premium and plusher interiors and lot more features now than the bare-bones Skoda Rapid of 2012. Those seat covers look impressive! Wish you a lot of happy miles!
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 12:09   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Great way to start your innings in TBHP. Welcome to the forum, Jagdish.

Volkswagen is know for its build quality of its cars ( masking the reliability part of it)

Wishing you a great ownership and keep this thread alive as you cross milestones!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 12:26   #11
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase buddy. This is the best driver's car in its segment undoubtedly.

I really like the mild facelift done on the GT TSI. VW has succeeded yet again in making a decade year old car look fresh again. The GTI bits look classy on the car.

I recently completed 50k on my 2016 TSI and I am very happy with the car. Plan to keep it for as long as possible.

While VW has given us the best engine and transmission combo, they have cut corners with the brakes and suspension quality. At 50k, they have again started to shudder at high speed braking although I changed the pads and rotors at around 30k due to shuddering. Is this fixed with the facelift model? Do let us know as you put in more miles on your car.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 14:13   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Great thread, thanks! Appreciate your enthusiasm and writing skills.

Quick comment on your headlights though: From the pictures, I feel the cut-off lines are vague and are leading to significant glare for oncoming folks. Can you post comparative shots taken in pitch dark conditions and check for unnecessary glare? It will help you also as people are not likely to dip their beams in response to your lights.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 16:30   #13
BHPian

Many congratulations, Narayan.
It is a very well built German for sure. I had booked this one and had to cancel since my better half was not excited driving this one and chose the i10 Auto instead

I'd still want to get this one if I can go back in time really. Esp while it still has the 1.2 4 pot turbo. The 3 cyl 1l is coming soon and it may not be as exciting even with a similar output. To be seen.

To be honest, the black stickering on the doors and the GT Line badge isn't to my liking.

Few cars where you get an all black interior these days. Enjoy your ride and keep an ownership review thread alive.
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 16:45   #14
BHPian

Heartiest congratulation for your new car and TeamBHP membership. Your first write-up and its up to the mark for sure.
Sunny_ST3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 17:31   #15
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, I am really liking the GTI-esque bumpers on the Polo. Not so nice for GTI owners though.

Unrelated question, are those parking spot pictures at Microsoft Ferns ? Looks eerily similar.

Last edited by ts1506 : 13th November 2019 at 17:36.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks