Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 12:24   #31
Team-BHP Support

Anyway, we're going way off the track. This thread was/is for SRV test drive.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
This might not be the case as always since i know a couple of friends whose cars look as good as new even after 2 yrs of purchase. Also its interesting to note that you are from chennai. Arent vehicles around coastal belts anyways prone to metal corososion . Also case in example is another entry below yours by docap also has complained of rusting and he is also from mangalore another coastal area. Could this be the issue rather than with the car. I have been in chennai and my car too started rusting after 8 years of purchase and since i have shifted from there and moved to bangalore, i havent observed that issue.
This is not our only car we own and run in Chennai. We haven't faced such decaying in our other cars. Further I can understand if the car got rusted after 8 years as said in case of Rotorhead. It is barely 1.5 years old when we reported the problem to GM rep and dealer, though the problem might have started much earlier.

As this thread comes under category Test Drives and Initial Ownership Reports I though it is appropriate to share the same.
Old 23rd March 2009, 14:11   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I remember someone else mentioning on the forum that his Optra's doors corroded within a very short while. GM carried out repairs free of cost.
Old 31st March 2009, 01:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Gm in Ahmedabad is very good in service and support. I have seen the salesperson's quality go down with time though. The pretty girls are nowhere to be seen. :P

But service is up there with the best.

Its surprising tosee this thread still up.
Old 22nd August 2019, 01:59   #35
BHPian

Re: Optra SRV Test-drive

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who owns a Chevrolet SRV.

RPM of the car is fluctuating at idle as shown in this video:

The car idles at 1500 RPM which sometimes shoots up to 3000.

Throttle body of the car is replaced for 9K but he is still getting the same issue. He have tested 20 ecm (second hand), changed new Throttle body without any luck.

Any help regarding this will be appreciated !
Old 13th June 2021, 20:05   #36
BHPian

Re: Optra SRV Test-drive

As a former big time admirer of the SR-V, I still love the car's looks no end, especially in black. But I was in for a huge disappointment when i drove the similar engined optra magnum 1.6 petrol, so I never really looked back at the SR-V. Today when I met an ex-owner and a BHPian, heard SR-V had an option of an O.E supercharger from GM itself and was told that the mechanics at A.S.S were able to transplant it and service the car and the warranty and other stuff remained intact, such a bolt on O.E fitment was unknown to me till today, wanted to ask fellow SR-V followers here if they remember such a thing or if any such information is available on the internet regards the Indian version. Also, did the supercharged car really make 180bhp, if there is any such car here would love to know more about it. Having sold my weekend car, I am looking to take up such a project.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks