Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 09:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Our silver beauty - Maruti Dzire ZXi+ AMT

That is some level of detail buddy! Absolutely nailed it to the very last bit!
I'm sure you're already itching at the thought of getting behind the wheel, something that you'd get to do very soon!
You have a great flair for writing and keep going on with it. TBhp reviews seem to have hit another level during the lockdown. Cheers on your beautiful and timeless machine! Wishing you millions of happy miles ahead!
Cheers
Aditya
advenk999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 12:47   #17
BHPian

A nice and comprehensive review, shows your love for cars!

Having owned the Baleno with the same engine for more than a year I can say this 1.2L K series engine is one the best engines in its segment for both its performance and mileage.

Must be hard for you to get behind the steering wheel legally
Aafaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 16:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post
That is some level of detail buddy! Absolutely nailed it to the very last bit!
I'm sure you're already itching at the thought of getting behind the wheel, something that you'd get to do very soon!
You have a great flair for writing and keep going on with it. TBhp reviews seem to have hit another level during the lockdown. Cheers on your beautiful and timeless machine! Wishing you millions of happy miles ahead!
Cheers
Aditya
Thanks a ton, Aditya!
I am glad that you like my writeup!
As I turn 18, I think I'll start staying in my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aafaq View Post
A nice and comprehensive review, shows your love for cars!

Having owned the Baleno with the same engine for more than a year I can say this 1.2L K series engine is one the best engines in its segment for both its performance and mileage.

Must be hard for you to get behind the steering wheel legally
Thanks a lot, Aafaq!
Indeed K12 is the VTEC of the 1.2s!
And I'll only get behind the wheel after I get the legal permission from the government

Last edited by Nazaar25 : 29th April 2020 at 16:13.
Old 29th April 2020, 19:38   #19
BHPian

Well articulated Report Nazaar25. You have structured your write-up beautifully maintaining the logical flow. Wish I had your skills! Great work

DZire is a great car and I had recently moved out of one. I still have the car, but has been facing some problems with the clutch /gear shift (hydraulic cylinder jam). In the current situation, I have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for the observed defect with the cylinder.

Coming to the DZire, even today, that is one car I wouldn't hesitate to drive out with even for long drives. The confidence it provides is assuring. Enjoy your drives now and keep up with the updates please.
bimal_67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 02:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimal_67 View Post
Well articulated Report Nazaar25. You have structured your write-up beautifully maintaining the logical flow. Wish I had your skills! Great work

DZire is a great car and I had recently moved out of one. I still have the car, but has been facing some problems with the clutch /gear shift (hydraulic cylinder jam). In the current situation, I have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for the observed defect with the cylinder.

Coming to the DZire, even today, that is one car I wouldn't hesitate to drive out with even for long drives. The confidence it provides is assuring. Enjoy your drives now and keep up with the updates please.
Thanks a truck load!
I hope the clutch problem on your car resolves as soon as the lockdown ends and indeed, Dzire is the Innova of compact sedans when it comes to reliability!
I will surely keep you posted
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 10:14   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Woah, what a stunner of a review. For a minute I actually thought I was reading an official TBHP review. Well written buddy! Surely this will be an inspiration to many others on the forum. You are so talented, wish I could be half as good as you.

Current gen Dzire sure is a looker, very european and neutral styling that has managed to get the proportions right for a sub-4m sedan. Speaks a lot that this car still gets a lot of attention (and sales) in a market where compact SUVs absolutely dominates.

Got me thinking, Ciaz base model starts around the 8.xx lacs price point (overlaps with the ZXi and ZXi+ variants of the Dzire) which comes with a more powerful 1.5 NA engine and acres of real estate. Pushing the budget a bit, you could get a decent slush box as well.

Any thoughts why this option wasn't considered mate?
Striker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 11:52   #22
BHPian

Great writeup!! We too had a 2010 Dzire VDI that was sold off in 2019 without any problems during the 9 year ownership. Not even a single bulb/fuse blowout. Absolute reliability king right up there in the league of Innova. We had finalised Dzire Vxi AGS as the replacement but had to change the decision at last moment due to even thinner sheet metal as our outgoing Dzire, family not wanting same model to be repeated and our heart wanting to atleast try another brand. We finally got Aspire due to more solid feeling and a decent petrol engine. But trust me till date I haven't got used to its ergonomics as Dzire's was just perfect.

I think the 2010 Dzire had more durability factor going for it. Hoping the occasional hiccups you faced are just the ones you would ever face and rest goes great. Wish you great motoring times ahead!
Maverick Avi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 16:13   #23
AZT
BHPian

Fantastic review! Cant believe you're 17 You have a good vocab, did you take part in Model UN (MUN) or any other debate competitions.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 17:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Woah, what a stunner of a review. For a minute I actually thought I was reading an official TBHP review. Well written buddy! Surely this will be an inspiration to many others on the forum. You are so talented, wish I could be half as good as you.

Current gen Dzire sure is a looker, very european and neutral styling that has managed to get the proportions right for a sub-4m sedan. Speaks a lot that this car still gets a lot of attention (and sales) in a market where compact SUVs absolutely dominates.

Got me thinking, Ciaz base model starts around the 8.xx lacs price point (overlaps with the ZXi and ZXi+ variants of the Dzire) which comes with a more powerful 1.5 NA engine and acres of real estate. Pushing the budget a bit, you could get a decent slush box as well.

Any thoughts why this option wasn't considered mate?
Thank you for the kind words!
Ciaz has been my favourite mid sizer since the very launch of the car in 2014. I was so madly in love with the car that I had a cake with a brown Ciaz on it on my 13th birthday
In 2017, the Ciaz still used to come with the 90hp 1.4L petrol which was although as smooth and refined as the K12 but felt pretty dull in comparison. Secondly, the age old 4 speed AT was a downer as it did not have a proper sport mode or even a manual mode to have some fun. Overall, we found the Ciaz to be a little boring compared to the snazzy Dzire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
Great writeup!! We too had a 2010 Dzire VDI that was sold off in 2019 without any problems during the 9 year ownership. Not even a single bulb/fuse blowout. Absolute reliability king right up there in the league of Innova. We had finalised Dzire Vxi AGS as the replacement but had to change the decision at last moment due to even thinner sheet metal as our outgoing Dzire, family not wanting same model to be repeated and our heart wanting to atleast try another brand. We finally got Aspire due to more solid feeling and a decent petrol engine. But trust me till date I haven't got used to its ergonomics as Dzire's was just perfect.

I think the 2010 Dzire had more durability factor going for it. Hoping the occasional hiccups you faced are just the ones you would ever face and rest goes great. Wish you great motoring times ahead!
Thank you so much!
Indeed, the first gen Dzire was a great car and even after 2 and a half years of it's leaving our garage, we still miss it a lot!
Aspire is a fantastic machine and wish you lacs of fun and trouble free miles with the little Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Fantastic review! Cant believe you're 17 You have a good vocab, did you take part in Model UN (MUN) or any other debate competitions.
Thanks a LOT!
I am a very shy person and haven't participated in MUN or any debate competitions but I do like to talk about cars in front of the camera!
Old 30th April 2020, 20:23   #25
BHPian

Excellent review Nazaar25!

I too own a Dzire Zxi+AGS (Oxford Blue) bought a month after your car.
As a fellow owner i agree to all the points you have highlighted including the mileage. Being from Bangalore i feel that's decent!

The AMT is something that requires getting used to and yes i too lift my foot off the A-Pedal to ensure smooth up-shift without any jerks!

The noise from the brakes is certainly there and there was a recall by Maruthi to fix issues in some batches. I got my car's brakes changed twice due to this noise!

First time it was due to the news of recall and 2nd time i complained that within 6 months i hear the noise again and they kept the car for a day and changed the entire set as they found the pads and disk had some quality issue and replaced them with news once.

The latest upgrade to the Dzire brings some new additions like Hill assist, better infotainment system which i would love to have in my car as well.

One this i have been searching is for replacing the door pads/cladding from the swift one. Too much Beige for me!
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 22:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Excellent review Nazaar25!

I too own a Dzire Zxi+AGS (Oxford Blue) bought a month after your car.
As a fellow owner i agree to all the points you have highlighted including the mileage. Being from Bangalore i feel that's decent!

The AMT is something that requires getting used to and yes i too lift my foot off the A-Pedal to ensure smooth up-shift without any jerks!

The noise from the brakes is certainly there and there was a recall by Maruthi to fix issues in some batches. I got my car's brakes changed twice due to this noise!

First time it was due to the news of recall and 2nd time i complained that within 6 months i hear the noise again and they kept the car for a day and changed the entire set as they found the pads and disk had some quality issue and replaced them with news once.
Thank you so much!
I have read your ownership review multiple times as it was the first owner's review of the new Dzire on the forum and the writeup was simply amazing!
The brake noise is the only irritant in the otherwise refined driving experience.

Quote:
The latest upgrade to the Dzire brings some new additions like Hill assist, better infotainment system which i would love to have in my car as well.
From the new features added, I really want the hitech MID in my car!! Is there anyway I can change the speedometer?!

Quote:
One this i have been searching is for replacing the door pads/cladding from the swift one. Too much Beige for me!
Indeed there is excessive use of beige in the cabin which is really a pain to maintain!

Last edited by Nazaar25 : 30th April 2020 at 22:32.
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:46   #27
BHPian

Great writeup Nazaar25!
We are also looking to replace our 2010 Swift Dzire with the 2021 Dzire ZXI+ AMT, or the Baleno Alpha CVT.
How do you compare the old Dzire to the new one in terms of rear comfort, and driveability?
Also, the long term review for the Dzire by Autocar India highlighted that the steering does not return to centre after turns. How big of a problem is that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks