Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:04   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornNotOkPlease View Post
If the Stepney sensonr goes dormant can you check the tyre pressure somehow? My biggest challenge with this car is checking the spare tyre pressure regularly which I could do easily with my previous cars. I know it’s a crime by ever since buying the car from last December I haven’t yet checked the pressure yet I have to make it a point to check it this week
True, seems it's impossible in our model. In older Ertiga, spare tyre can be flipped upside down, so that valve faces down.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-marutiertiga24.jpg

In our model, the rod has a hump, which touches alloy/rim face if you try to mount it upside down.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-16.jpg

Thankfully in my case, the pressure remains constant, so it saves me from the pain of checking it frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryaj View Post
can you let me know what is the tire pressure you maintain? With the recommended pressure of 32 F and 38 R the ride in my Ertiga tends to be very bouncy when fully loaded.
32F and 38R is for fully loaded conditions. Since I drive mostly alone or with a co-passenger, I keep 32F and 30R. I like the ride now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
While going through Maruti genuine accessories website, came across a PM 2.5 filter for baleno. But it costs Rs. 1290. Attaching the pic of the same. What would be the difference between the part mentioned by you and this?
These are older part numbers, used to be imported from Suzuki Japan(similarly for Ignis), and hence the high price. The part numbers I gave are now locally manufactured, hence cheaper.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 09:16   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Upgraded to PM 2.5 Cabin AC Filter: While stock filter is good, one cannot be too safe in these polluted times. Have experienced these in a friend's Ciaz and they are very effective. Cabin and vents remain absolutely clean, always. Downside-Cleaning/replacement will be too frequent.

Part numbers of PM 2.5 Filters for other cars:

990J0M56RS0-010: 3rd Gen Swift & Dzire, Baleno, XL6 & 2nd Gen Ertiga
990J0M66RS0-010: Ignis
990J0M82PS0-010: Ciaz, S Cross, Brezza

Regards,
Shashi
Is this compatible with the first generation ciaz also? What are the recommended replacement/cleaning schedules?
superbad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:10   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
Is this compatible with the first generation ciaz also? What are the recommended replacement/cleaning schedules?
Yes will be compatible for older Ciaz also. I'll post dimensions of all 3 filters by evening, and that should make everyone aware if it fits their cars or not.

Regarding cleaning/ replacement schedule, depends a lot on the roads you drive on. However if you ask my way, I clean both filters, Engine Air filter and Cabin Air filter once a month myself at home. I usually do at least one highway drive per month, so that works for me. I personally hate driving with dirty filters, call it my OCD. This also helps with proper engine and cooling efficiency.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 21:24   #229
BHPian

Quote:

4. Which cars will it fit?
Direct fit: Swift, Dzire, May be the Baleno also.
Similar fit as mine: Ertiga XL6.

7. What happened to the floor covers: They won't fit the underbody of the XL6/Ertiga. It will fit Swift and Dzire, while Baleno and other owners may check.
Thanks Shashi, this looks really nice. I want to get the underbody plate for my Baleno if its a direct fit. Would the MASS do it? Since its not a part that maruti has officially for baleno, they may not want to bill it for that car. Or would they?

I get the point of the engine guard, but what is the use of the floor covers? Do they help in sound insulation or is there something in that area that also needs to be specially protected from stones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
You are right that most of the Maruti cars skip under body protection for engine and gearbox. I will check if the same cover would fit my Baleno
Hello Dr. Naren, I also have a baleno and am contemplating this. Did you try it on your car yet?

Last edited by guptavis : 23rd October 2020 at 21:47. Reason: floor covers
guptavis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 21:47   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
Thanks Shashi, this looks really nice. I want to get one for my Baleno if its a direct fit. Would the MASS do it? Since its not a part that maruti has officially for baleno, they may not want to bill it for that car. Or would they?
No issue of billing. I get 800's spares on my XL6's bill and vice versa.

Why I'm pretty sure it will fit Baleno, look at the front absorber panel of Baleno, notice the circled "extending" holes:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-capture.jpg

Now notice the same panel of Swift/Dzire where we know its a direct fit:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-swift.jpg

Now notice the same panel for my XL6/Ertiga. Notice the absence of those two "extending" holes, and that's exactly why it wasn't a 100% plug and play for me.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201007_192111.jpg

TBH, I'm pretty sure it will be a direct fit for Baleno. Naren shares the same passion and craziness, so I'm sure he won't shy from trying it.
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 12:13   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Once the rotation is done, just enter settings, Re-learn mode. Once a particular wheel flashes, just go to that wheel and deflate it a bit. The unit learns new location of the sensor and gives a beep. Then you move to the next wheel which flashes. It's similar in Schrader unit as well, which is there in my 800.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for all the inputs. This thread is all that's required to learn about this product. I was considering one such unit for a long time. Good that the sensors are not hard coded with the corners which would make straightforward rotation impossible. But I do wish they would relearn automatically on rotating the tyres like the TPMS that comes from factory. Guess that's asking for too much.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:36   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Upgraded to PM 2.5 Cabin AC Filter: While stock filter is good, one cannot be too safe in these polluted times. Have experienced these in a friend's Ciaz and they are very effective. Cabin and vents remain absolutely clean, always. Downside-Cleaning/replacement will be too frequent.

Part numbers of PM 2.5 Filters for other cars:

990J0M56RS0-010: 3rd Gen Swift & Dzire, Baleno, XL6 & 2nd Gen Ertiga
990J0M66RS0-010: Ignis
990J0M82PS0-010: Ciaz, S Cross, Brezza
Dear Shashi, thank you very much for sharing this valuable information. I'm taking my Ciaz for its 20k/2 year service tomorrow and will be installing this PM 2.5 filter in my car (even though the stock filter is supposed to last another year before replacement). I don't mind the year replacement either as this filter will be a boon for an asthmatic like me and will help immensely in the extremely polluted Delhi winter air.
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:37   #233

Congratulations, @leoshashi!

I have recently booked my first car too - XL6 Zeta AT. I'd been going through the detailed discussions on this forum, and learnt so much! After reading the detailed review, I went back and cancelled most accessories I'd ordered, and just got the basics from the showroom (as recommended on the thread). I'm still learning about cars (although I've been driving for about 12 years now, I've never felt the need to investigate and understand the workings as these were always taken care of) so please bear with me, if I my questions seem too simple:

1. I paid the booking amount yesterday, what typically happens after? I mean, what are the steps ? Do they keep me posted? Should I follow up relentlessly?
2. As of now, I've got the reverse camera, interior styling kit, lamination and door sill guards. I've opted out for leather seats and mats - any recommendations for where I could procure the same from? (I'm based in Mumbai)
3. I also opted out of their insurance+engine protect+extended warranty +RTI . Would love some recommendations for insurance+engine protect +RTI. Also would be very grateful for your thoughts on if I should get the extended warranty at all.
4. I plan to print the PDI checklist and use it (thank you for this, @leoshashi) - but other than this, is there anything else I need to mindful/careful about?
5. Lastly, would you happen to know what the current waiting time for XL6 delivery is for Mumbai? I'm in no hurry, but I'd really like to know and the dealership hasn't commited a date a yet - they just kept saying there's a 4-6weeks waiting period.

Not sure if I'm overthinking everything, but I just want to ensure I don't get taken for a ride .

All your inputs will be welcome . Thank you so much
newbutcurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 22:20   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbutcurious View Post
Congratulations, @leoshashi!

I have recently booked my first car too - XL6 Zeta AT. I'd been going through the detailed discussions on this forum, and learnt so much! After reading the detailed review, I went back and cancelled most accessories I'd ordered, and just got the basics from the showroom (as recommended on the thread). I'm still learning about cars (although I've been driving for about 12 years now, I've never felt the need to investigate and understand the workings as these were always taken care of) so please bear with me, if I my questions seem too simple:

1. I paid the booking amount yesterday, what typically happens after? I mean, what are the steps ? Do they keep me posted? Should I follow up relentlessly?
2. As of now, I've got the reverse camera, interior styling kit, lamination and door sill guards. I've opted out for leather seats and mats - any recommendations for where I could procure the same from? (I'm based in Mumbai)
3. I also opted out of their insurance+engine protect+extended warranty +RTI . Would love some recommendations for insurance+engine protect +RTI. Also would be very grateful for your thoughts on if I should get the extended warranty at all.
4. I plan to print the PDI checklist and use it (thank you for this, @leoshashi) - but other than this, is there anything else I need to mindful/careful about?
5. Lastly, would you happen to know what the current waiting time for XL6 delivery is for Mumbai? I'm in no hurry, but I'd really like to know and the dealership hasn't commited a date a yet - they just kept saying there's a 4-6weeks waiting period.

Not sure if I'm overthinking everything, but I just want to ensure I don't get taken for a ride .

All your inputs will be welcome . Thank you so much
Congratulations on your new purchase, hope you have gone through this thread in detail, to know all the positives and negatives of the product.

1. It's better if you follow with RM over whatsapp at regular intervals. My process was a bit different since my dealer keeps huge stock anytime. So there is rarely any waiting for me. Just to give you an idea, we picked one S Cross Zeta and decision to delivery took less than 24 hours.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201023_235152.jpg

Look at the pics I took yesterday. It's like fairyland for petrolheads.

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201023_235220.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201023_235233.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201023_235246.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201023_235257.jpg

2. Don't take carpet mats which I chose. While it looks great when clean, its a pain to maintain. They have a similarly priced PVC floor mat. Part number:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-capture.jpg

3. I found rates by dealer competitive and better. Just ask them for all vendors they have. For example, I chose United India insurance under Maruti insurance, since they were cheapest for S Cross which we got. They will always give you the most expensive quote. They have a table like this:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img20201023wa0003.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img20201023wa0004.jpg

4. I think extended warranty should be taken. Anyways its my personal thought and is a gamble. If anything goes bad, good. If not, 17k is useless.

5. Don't think there is any waiting for XL6 anywhere. Once booking is punched in system, car comes to my city in 5 days flat. We have a dealer who keeps zero stock, and orders all cars based on booking.

6. Leather work can be done at Link (Ford EcoSport: Seat covers installed by Orchis, Mumbai) Workmanship looks great!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 21:39   #235
BHPian

Dear Shashi, I got the PM2.5 Filter installed in my Ciaz during it's 20k service today. The part was available in stock and was priced at Rs. 625 (this is for the Brezza, Ciaz and S-Cross). A must have for cars driven in Delhi-NCR in my opinion.

Here are some pictures of the Filter for reference :

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_0262.jpg

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_0263.jpg
kunalsingh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 11:07   #236
BHPian

Superb thread Leoshashi,

Totally enjoyed reading your experience and modifications in your new ride. I own a Vitara Brezza ZDi+ AGS, struggling to take care of the dashboard rattle, tried using butyl rubber at certain places, but unable to eliminate them completely. The rattles are minimal at certain times, but other times they get magnified. Unable to pinpoint the location.

There was a driver seat backrest sound, which was replaced by Maruti under warranty.

But the rattle on rough roads disappoints me to the core. Would love to have your suggestions, in methods to identifying the rattle.

Have tried to manage
1. Glove box rattle, with foam and 3M bumpers.
2. Door handle rattle using foam
3. Odometer rattle with foam
4. Passenger side underseat tray using velcro and 3M bumbers
5. Audio system garnish rattle managed by butyl rubber.*
6. Glove box garnish using double sided tape and Butyl rubber*
7. Rear parcel shelf using foam and rubber door protectors

*after reading your thread
Attached Thumbnails
My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_5460.jpg  

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-img_5461.jpg  

smileline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 20:44   #237
BHPian

Hi Shashi,
Would request your help for Fog Lights and a Dashcam for my Ignis Delta.

Also, I have been wanting to have the external temp to show up on the mid, NEXA guys have actually been about it.
arindam.dino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 11:43   #238
BHPian

Hey LeoShashi, Does your XL6 make any sound(audible feedback) while locking/unlocking the car ? My S Presso doesn't, so I was wondering if all Maruti cars with no mods/buzzer have the same behavior or is there any tweak/setting for this ?
mayank0782 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 13:28   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Hello Shashi,
Any idea if this part is available for older MS cars. I have Type 1 Dzire and Ritz. Will love to have these filters in my cars.
Quote:
No idea about older cars, you will have to do hit and trial for them. What I can help you with, is dimensions of all 3 filters. You can measure for your own cars and check which one works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
That would be great - Could you please share the dimensions of the filter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbad View Post
Quote:
Yes will be compatible for older Ciaz also. I'll post dimensions of all 3 filters by evening, and that should make everyone aware if it fits their cars or not.
As promised, here are the dimensions of the filters. First let me define what I mean by the terms I'll be using later:

Face Width:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-face-width.jpg

Face Height:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-20201017_201135.jpg

Depth:

My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review-depth.jpg

1. 990J0M56RS0-010:

Face Width: 18cm
Face Height: 3cm
Depth: 18.5cm

2. 990J0M66RS0-010: *

Face Width: 18cm
Depth: 18cm

3. 990J0M82PS0-010: *

Face Width: ~22cm
Depth: 19cm

* Reported by friends, so not sure about precision. But a millimeter or two won't create any issue since the filters are flexible.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 20:20   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Superb thread Leoshashi,

Totally enjoyed reading your experience and modifications in your new ride. I own a Vitara Brezza ZDi+ AGS, struggling to take care of the dashboard rattle, tried using butyl rubber at certain places, but unable to eliminate them completely. The rattles are minimal at certain times, but other times they get magnified. Unable to pinpoint the location.
You do know how much I loved the Brezza. If the showroom guys hadn't taken me to their yard in their TD Brezza, I'd have bought it eyes closed since I wasn't aware of the racket the interiors make. And honestly, interiors, both design and quality wise was the only deal breaker for me.

Glad you could benefit from my post in arresting some rattles. One hint I can give, all the "quick removable" panels, which Maruti sells as customized accessories, take a close look at them. Better damp all their clips with Butyl rubber, and then see if anything is left. This is applicable to doors as well since many trims there are designed to be quickly removed. Damp all their clips.

Secondly, also take notice if the air tubes inside the dash can touch on bad roads or not. If anything has lesser clearance, better stuff something foam like in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
Hi Shashi,
Would request your help for Fog Lights and a Dashcam for my Ignis Delta.

Also, I have been wanting to have the external temp to show up on the mid, NEXA guys have actually been about it.
If you need performance from fogs then look for IPH projectors, easily available in accessories shops these days.

For simple fogs, you may get MGA kits. Regarding external temperature, I believe sensor is missing in lower models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Hey LeoShashi, Does your XL6 make any sound(audible feedback) while locking/unlocking the car ? My S Presso doesn't, so I was wondering if all Maruti cars with no mods/buzzer have the same behavior or is there any tweak/setting for this ?
Yes the XL6 makes that typical Maruti chime when locking or unlocking. I don't have much idea about S Presso, but there is a mechanism of disabling that chime in Marutis if you want silent entry. Do refer to your owners manual. I remember detailed instructions on the process.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed