Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2020, 14:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon Facelift AMT : Ownership Review

Thanks friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefpk View Post
Why din't you discuss about your alloy wheels and the pricing stuff and the accessories you added.?
Cheers!
Few thoughts on aftermarket add ons (Didn't write about it since it's nothing much to write about)

1. Door guards given the tight parking in our house. From Amazon, company name was Status. Quality is acceptable. 3m Stickers so I hope it will last for over a year atleast.

2. Alloys - Neo Wheels. Wanted something simple but elegant and easy to clean at home. OEM alloys were quoted something like 38K by dealer if I remember correct. Anyways I was not a big fan of the OEM alloys - they are good quality no doubt but not to my taste. Got Neo for 10K less than OEM so went with it.

3. As mentioned the only other add-ons were parcel tray, flaps and carpets right from dealer at delivery.

4. Seat cover is also after market - from a shop suggested by the dealer representative. I'm sure he got something for that but honestly I was not interested in going myself to shops at the peak of covid.

5. Need to fix fog lamps and horn. LED foglamps from Tata is around 17-18K. Was thinking I'd do after market for much less but never got around to doing it. Now I'm back in Dubai once international flights started and have asked Dad not to go out for any add-ons etc during these times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
Congratulations! Looks fabulous.

Have you updated your system? If not, please check out with your dealership for the same.
Thanks for the heads up. I have not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Congratulations snan!

Aren't they after market ? And regarding the silver accent at the rear , will it look better if painted in black ?
Yes, they are. Added details above. It might be better but I really didn't have time and dad was like this is OK for now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWraith View Post

Did you by any chance get to try out the manual one too?
How much do you feel there is a difference in the Manual mode of the AMT?
I tried manual but not for long drive. It didn't feel very intuitive. Paddle shifters would definitely have made a difference for this car. There is difference and manual masks the drawbacks of the old world AMT. But not as much fun as the Swift manual obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
The first pic with the big tree and field in the background looks amazing, where was that taken.
All pics are taken in Kerala. (Mostly in Palakkad and Thrissur districts)
snan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 14:59   #17
BHPian

Congratulations Snan !

Impeccable Choice of color ! It smoothly blends in with the lustre green background of Kerala.

And your pictures deserves special appreciation as well

Wish you many more miles.
Herr_Autobahn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 15:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snan View Post

2. Alloys - Neo Wheels.
Just swapped the alloys with factory tyres ?
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 16:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need to fix fog lamps and horn. LED foglamps from Tata is around 17-18K. Was thinking I'd do after market for much less but never got around to doing it.
The LED foglamps sold as OE accessory by TML dealerships, apart from astronomical pricing are not very effective.
If you are OK with halogen fogs, the XZ+ fogs are a direct fit on the XM. You have to order through TML workshop spare parts. It comes as a complete kit with w/harness etc. Order the bezels separately. Whole setup including labour will be within Rs4000 max. You may have to change the fog lamp bulbs to 55w. SWIFT bulbs fit right. The stock fog lamp bulbs are 19watts.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 16:33   #20

Quote:

5. Need to fix fog lamps and horn. LED foglamps from Tata is around 17-18K. Was thinking I'd do after market for much less but never got around to doing it. Now I'm back in Dubai once international flights started and have asked Dad not to go out for any add-ons etc during these times.

All pics are taken in Kerala. (Mostly in Palakkad and Thrissur districts)

Fellow KL51 here and own a Pre-facelift Nexon XM (not KL51 registered though). I was quoted 5k for non-DRL foglamps initially (It will most probably not be LED). I had deferred it till service and then lockdown hit and after lockdown hadn't gave much thought to it.

Didn't see you mention it, the thing that is bothering me most is the IRVM not being day/night in the XM variant. Does the facelift XMA now come with Day/Night IRVM? In my opinion, day/night irvm, rear wiper and de-fogger should also be made mandatory.

I'm also not fan of the digital instrument cluster and wish they have kept the analog ones itself and gave the one in altroz/nexon ev in the top trims.

Wondering where that temple in 1st and 2nd photos in the locality? A very picturesque location and your photography is very good.
Bagheera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 16:41   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Nexon! Wish you many happy years of ownership! The Foliage Green definitely gives off some 4Runner TRD Pro vibes, although this one is slightly darker.

Even I'm not a fan of the LED instrument cluster in newer cars and it's unfortunately not just Tata who have given in to this trend. Either stay analogue with a nice colour LCD MID or go full LCD.

Quote:
It takes its sweet time to get going thanks to the very average AMT system. Upshifts are notchy, irregular and announces its onset with fanfare! (Bit like someone heralding arrival of King!). Maybe with bit more of use and services, the ride might become better. But for now, in City mode it would never be my daily drive.
Sports mode: Put in Sports mode and it becomes a significantly better car. The AMT is still jerky (Can’t beat mechanics) but more liveable.
Have you tried releasing the accelerator at the shift point? It takes a little getting used to but considering an AMT is after all a manual with a hydraulic clutch actuator, this would be the best way to drive it, at least in lower gears. I observed a smoother drive using this technique in a Swift AMT which I rented out on holiday .

Hyundai's AMT is still better with it's electronic actuator but no match for TCs, CVTs and DCTs.
saur95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 16:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

There's absolutely no debate on the looks - the best looking face in the CSUV segment as you said!

I see the plates reads KL - enough said on the taste you guys have on the mods you undertake

Automotive gods are always on your side when it comes to giving that tinge of tasty looking mods! Your car is absolutely stunning and looking dope in the color of the exterior and the large beefy tyre + alloy combo, that makes it even more gangster looking!

I love the coupe style that looks so tight in the last pic you have attached! I would definitely recommend Nexon to my friends over any other CSUV in the segment!

Tata for sure has done a commendable job on the Nexon facelift!

Happy mile munching times buddy! Stay safe.

Regards

RV
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 17:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations snan!

That's a beauty you've got there. I believe it's the 1st facelifted Nexon on Team-BHP. I have developed such a liking for the Foliage Green color on the Nexon ever since I saw it that I think it's the best color currently for sale on any car.

Those Neo Alloys look stunning! With the upgrade to Alloys, did you have to increase the Tyre Size too or are you running stock tires only? Also,
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 19:48   #24
BHPian

Excellent car, but that color is dope

Also could you tell me what mileage you were able to obtain so far??? Thanks in advance
Old 25th August 2020, 21:10   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase and great ownership thread
The front of BS6 Nexon is the best looking among all the Compact SUVs on sale . Someone in our neighbourhood has got the same colour Nexon and I just can’t stop drooling over its looks.
sahil624 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 23:48   #26
BHPian

After few pics, I thought it is going to be all about the wheels.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 10:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Just swapped the alloys with factory tyres ?
Yes. For XMA version tyre is the larger one from the top end. (For XM tyres do need an upgrade in my view)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Whole setup including labour will be within Rs4000 max. You may have to change the fog lamp bulbs to 55w. SWIFT bulbs fit right. The stock fog lamp bulbs are 19watts.
Oh wow. Thanks for the tip ! Glad I didn't waste my money on DRL Fog lamps from TML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
Wondering where that temple in 1st and 2nd photos in the locality? A very picturesque location and your photography is very good.
Its called Vazhalikkavu in Thrissur district on the banks of Nila river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post

Have you tried releasing the accelerator at the shift point?
No. Interesting idea. This being my first ever AMT it almost feels like I need to learn driving again

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post

Those Neo Alloys look stunning! With the upgrade to Alloys, did you have to increase the Tyre Size too or are you running stock tires only? Also,
It is stock. One advantage of buying automatic in XM version is they have given the top end tyres. Which indeed make the looks much better.

Regards
snan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:07   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
The LED foglamps sold as OE accessory by TML dealerships, apart from astronomical pricing are not very effective.
If you are OK with halogen fogs, the XZ+ fogs are a direct fit on the XM.You may have to change the fog lamp bulbs to 55w. SWIFT bulbs fit right. The stock fog lamp bulbs are 19watts.
Quote:
Oh wow. Thanks for the tip ! Glad I didn't waste my money on DRL Fog lamps from TML
Even the OEM XZ+ halogen fog lights are worthless. Don't spend so much money on them. If you want good lighting - spend 7000 (instead of the 4000 on OEM fogs) & install extremely powerful 55W bi-xenon HID projector fog lights. The installation is easy & lighting is so powerful that you'll feel the stock headlamps are also vestigial. I drive an XZ+ so take my word - the OEM fog lights are just ornamental. No real world utility in night driving. I have replaced my fog lights with projectors (You can find my DIY thread for it on the forum.)

Also - I have seen the material build quality of the OEM fog lights. I'm not sure if they'll sustain a 55W halogen's temperature if you swap out the 19W stock bulbs. Won't be a surprise if they melt/deform. Its all a plastic build.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 11:16   #29
BHPian

Lovely review snan!

I'm the proud owner of a 2019 BS4 XZA+ Diesel, and really love the car. My process of elimination for deciding to go with Nexon was pretty similar to yours. XUV300 could have been a contender had it been priced reasonably.

Unfortunately long drives till now have been limited due to a combination of personal injury and then the pandemic. Keeping fingers crossed to rectify the situation soon!

One of the things which initially scared me with Nexon AMT was the time taken for the discernible downshift while climbing on ghats, especially on the hairpin turns. But got the confidence once we realised that was normal (manual like) behaviour and there was no risk of roll back or stall by the tank!

Quote:
Also no sunglass holder was a bit of a surprise.
This is weird... Is it a feature depending on variant? My XZA+ has it above the IRVM.

My vehicle also has the rear wipers, and I totally agree this should be a standard feature. Wipers are by no stretch of imagination a luxury/optional item, especially on a vehicle in the price range of Nexon.
Old 26th August 2020, 16:00   #30
BHPian

Congratulations!! The color matches the scenery.

But seriously design wise I personally think it looks fabulous. Tata is really coming with some sweet looking vehicles. Hope they continue and do well.
F1-Addict is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks