Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2020, 13:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Delving a classic : I bought a 13-year old HM Ambassador 1.8L Petrol MPFi

Congratulations on acquiring a true icon.
Wishing you many miles of classic, pure motoring.

Going by the pristine looks, it might have been well taken care of. Some cars like the Amby are timeless, and take you back to the time when life was simpler.
Please do post some pictures of the interiors as well, if possible. I hope it was the grey theme, before HM switched to beige during the last leg of production.
Old 30th September 2020, 13:45   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. This is a beautiful car. My grandfather too had a black Ambassador in Mathura a long time back, and this brings back those childhood memories.

Please keep this thread updated and post interior pictures if possible. Wish you many many happy miles with this beauty.
Old 30th September 2020, 17:42   #18
BHPian

A black Petrol Amby!
Congrats! That's a lovely car. Just the way I would like to own. I badly wanted to buy this very same car when I saw it first in OLX.

The only thing I don't like in the newer Amby is the tail lamp.

I see a lot of cosmetic parts getting rarer & thus pricier by the day - start stocking items.
Old 30th September 2020, 17:42   #19
BHPian

Wow. Looks pretty cool. Thats an amazing purchase story. Would love to see the interiors of the car. Please post when you get a chance. Good luck and happy driving.
Old 30th September 2020, 17:53   #20
BHPian

I had so much fun reading it all. I understand the desperation. Inside, most of us are still 9 years old at heart. That feeling of joy at owning a coveted toy is overwhelming to say the least. Wishing you a lovely ownership. I would love to see it being serviced and restored to its full glory.

Thanks for the wonderful read again. Made my day.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:11   #21

Smashing!
I grew up with an Ambassador Mark II and later an Ambassador Nova.
The car will always be special to me.
AttyBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:50   #22
BHPian

Maheshco, congrats on the acquisition of this Black Beauty, she looks fab , in black. My dad had an official car in the same color , which our driver used to wax every second Saturday, this car just chimed in this nostalgia. Thanks for sharing the story, it was riveting . Wish you many miles, memories and smiles of ownership.
gops2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshco View Post

Don’t worry, the car is still available." All I could say was, “Thank you and good night Sir”
@maheshco what a story! and what a car!!

Few marques can claim the true cult status that the Ambassador enjoys in our country. A true Indian classic.

And in black it looks gangsta

Thoroughly enjoyed reading it and your story led us through the emotions of the purchase so vividly, as if we were there with you.

As someone who has been witness to your passion from the moment you saw that OLX ad, I can whole heartedly agree with you, that it was indeed lucky to bring home such a pristine beauty. It was meant to be with you. Your Amby addiction since childhood is well known in the family and finally you realised your dream.

Keep the car stock, and as the years go by, you will relish this elusive rare beauty like fine wine.

Cant wait to see it in flesh.

Cheers and many more miles to you!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 22:37   #24
BHPian

Brilliant buy maheshco! Getting hold of a petrol Amby is rare, very rare indeed! The 1.8MPfi Isuzu is a stonker of an engine on the Amby!
Looks super mafia in black! . A sincere request though since I've forgotten how the petrol Amby sounds, a video upload of the exhaust system and sound would be appreciated!
Happy miles with your Amby!
Old 1st October 2020, 11:13   #25
BHPian

Awesome black beauty! Hold on to it as original as possible. The car will age gracefully!! If possible make it your daily drive to feel the machine and to develop a bonding with it
You will love the Amby and the way it makes people ogling the beauty wherever you go.
.HEM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 09:43   #26
BHPian

I stumbled upon this thread last week but didn't have the time to read the whole post then. I was waiting for the weekend to read through.

Absolute Beauty, is all I can say for this Amby! It looks like a well maintained one which is hard to find these days. Black is more like an icing on the cake for me. I'm not sure if I've seen a black amby in the past except for the army ones. It is one rare piece and you're lucky to get your hands on one.

I'm wondering how did you manage to wait so long to get your hands on it. If it was me, I would have needed sleeping pills to go to sleep.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 14:43   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshco View Post
On March 23rd, 2020, India declared a total lockdown for 6 weeks. Coming from a mechanical background, I had never worked from home and here I was preparing to work from home for next 6 weeks.
Hi.... Congrats on Your purchase. Just happened to see this post recently. Do You still have the Amby? Would like to know where You are procuring the spare parts as I too own one. I am from North Bangalore. Can we connect some time
Sanjay

Last edited by vb-saan : 10th November 2023 at 15:14. Reason: For ease of reading, please do not quote the full long post. Thank you!
sanjayrmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 22:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayrmenon View Post
Hi.... Congrats on Your purchase. Just happened to see this post recently. Do You still have the Amby? Would like to know where You are procuring the spare parts as I too own one. I am from North Bangalore. Can we connect some time
Sanjay
Hi Sanjay,
Please do post pics of your Ambassador, we will surely help you. I own a 1960 Ambassador and from North Bangalore too. There are a lot of Ambassador threads and enthusiasts in this forum. You can reach me at arun659@gmail.com for any quick assistance.
arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 12:26   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Hi Sanjay,
Please do post pics of your Ambassador, we will surely help you. I own a 1960 Ambassador and from North Bangalore too. There are a lot of Ambassador threads and enthusiasts in this forum. You can reach me at arun659@gmail.com for any quick assistance.
Hi, Attaching a pic. It is a Isuzu diesel 1977 model. I was on lookout for a good mechanic and also wanted to know about where to procure spares from.

Delving a classic : I bought a 13-year old HM Ambassador 1.8L Petrol MPFi-img20220313wa0012.jpeg

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th November 2023 at 13:30. Reason: Photo orientation
sanjayrmenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks