Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 18:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Reflex Silver VW Polo 1.0 TSI Highline Plus Review

Polo is one car that never gets old despite its age - plonk in right set of alloy wheels, it just looks even more eye-smashing! nice choice of color there, sir! Enjoy your drive and safe mile munching time stay safe.

Regards

RV
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 19:09   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your acquisition, The Polo is a timeless classic. I own one too and in my opinion it's got to be the most solidly built car in the segment. I bought it in 2015 and was planning on changing it since it has been with us for 5 years but honestly I couldn't find anything to replace it with and decided to keep it for atleast another 3 years. Mine is a 1.2 MPI, it feels a little under powered but is perfect for the city runs.

It returns 12-13 kmpl in the city which has actually increased overtime, I was initially getting between 9 and 10.
Maintenance has been hassle free, I've been getting it serviced at Elite Motors and it's been great. They provide pick up drop services and are very professional. I would highly recommend them.

Wish you many years of fun, safe and trouble-free ownership.
BMvW.Rajat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 22:17   #18
BHPian

Congratulations buddy! A very happy moment to see a Reflex Silver Polo with the new tiny yet beastly 1.0 TSI. Very excited in anticipation of all the new adventures you shall have with this beast.

When I took a test drive, I personally loved the 6 Speed Manual and it doesn't mask the potential of this explosive rev friendly engine unlike the Automatic variant which I'm driving. I'm sure you're going to have a blast with this car. After all, it is a timeless machine with incredible mod potential. We're waiting for a proper photoshoot
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 23:48   #19
BHPian

A refreshing change of color choice for the Polo! Haven't seen many Polos in this shade.

Congrats on the purchase and hope you enjoy many miles of trouble-free motoring

OT, the dealer attitude is kind of irritating and personally would have avoided doing business with them. Feels like they are doing us a favor and not vice versa. But since you had your constraints it is understandable.

Also, is there any difference between the GT version and Highline? I understand they come with the same tune of engine now.
chinmaypillay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 08:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
You can easily install a rear view camera since you have a RCD 340G in your car. Either an aftermarket one fitted near the license plate (cheaper option) or a flip camera inside the rear emblem (expensive but classy option).
I want to install one near the number plate as the flip up one seems a bit pricey and complex. any suggestion on which camera I should get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Congratulations buddy! A very happy moment to see a Reflex Silver Polo with the new tiny yet beastly 1.0 TSI. Very excited in anticipation of all the new adventures you shall have with this beast.

When I took a test drive, I personally loved the 6 Speed Manual and it doesn't mask the potential of this explosive rev friendly engine unlike the Automatic variant which I'm driving. I'm sure you're going to have a blast with this car. After all, it is a timeless machine with incredible mod potential. We're waiting for a proper photoshoot
Thank you. I'll be putting out detailed pictures as soon as the weather cooperates with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaypillay View Post
Also, is there any difference between the GT version and Highline? I understand they come with the same tune of engine now.
The GT only comes with the torque converter 6 speed autobox, while the highland plus comes with the manual or automatic. You should definitely check out FluidicJoy's GT ownership review for a better idea.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th February 2021 at 05:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged
AJ18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 10:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ18 View Post
I want to install one near the number plate as the flip up one seems a bit pricey and complex. any suggestion on which camera I should get?
There are many in the market, my brother-in-law recently used a Blaupunkt one. Please get one with grid lines & Composite Video output.

Any competent installer would be able to route the wiring from the hatch to the RCD 340G unit.
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 23:03   #22
rpm
BHPian

Congrats for your new ride. The timeless VW design coupled with VW Silver (I personally feel VW does silver the best on a budget) makes for one hell of a stunner . Wishing you many happy and safe miles in your very safe and fun hatch.
rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 22:48   #23

Congratulations for your new car!
I also bought the same colour.This thread was very helpful.

Did you also encounter water leak below the car?
Old 17th March 2021, 23:42   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on getting an amazing vehicle in this awesome colour. I’ve booked one as well, with my primary preference being the Lapiz Blue, with silver being my second favourite. VW has increased the prices I think, as the on-road price in BLR is now around 10.2-10.3L. I’m getting a quote of 9.7L at PPS Richmond rd, with 30-45 days of waiting.
Looking forward to more details on your ownership & experience with this little beast of a car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks