Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2020, 13:44   #1
BHPian

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai

Hello folks,

Long time no see - I just noticed that my last thread on Team-BHP was an unfinished review of our family Toyota Mark X, back in 2015. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159987)

Half a decade later, life has surely progressed and though I've not put up any posts, I've always been reading Team-BHP and it's still as close to my heart as it has ever been!

Finally, as the festive cheer dawns upon us albeit hushed unlike normal times, I thought it's a good time to brighten up the mood a bit by sharing a snapshot of my first (actually 4th) "own" car; a fully loaded Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2020 model.

Views are personal.

Why Merc you ask?

Well, I've got no other choice...
A business degree with passion for automotive and product marketing led to internships at Nissan, VW Group, and finally, a full time job at Mercedes-Benz, regional headquarters in Dubai! One of the company perks is a brand new Merc every 6 months (that's why this is now my 4th car). It's technically a company car and not my own, but mine it is! Ofcourse, being in Product Management, I have my own product-babies (C-Class is not one of them), and get to drive every single new Merc, pretty much!

Woah! That intro was out of excitement to share with all you fellow petrohead brethren here.... no other intention

Since the C-Class W205 is a well known model, and now in it's sunset days I'm not going into super-minute detail, rather just giving you a visual treat of the overall package!

Now let the pictures do the talking...

Stunning front look in polar white (not the iridium silver that I opted for thanks to Covid delays, but that will come next)
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6316.jpg

AMG Line bodykit with the aggressive bumpers and diamond grille is standard on the top trim, and is also the most preferred in this part of the world. Without AMG Line, the car looks like a weakling
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6319.jpg

Close up of the diamond pin grille. It's a timeless design (2nd favorite only to the AMG specific grill erstwhile "Pan Americana" grille found on the GT). The Driver Assistance radar is tucked away neatly behind the Star. Overall, I'm a big fan of the huge Merc star - I think Merc is the only brand that has been able to execute a huge logo with class and sportiness.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6342.jpg

MULTIBEAM LED also standard on the top trim. The obvious brilliant lighting aside, their little dance animation on start up brings a smile to my face every single time!
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6323.jpg

One of the best angles!
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6317.jpg

19" AMG rims riding on low profile Conti run flats look fantastic, but do take a toll on ride quality. Also standard spec.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6343.jpg

Fully automatic ORVMs that fold-in/fold-out on locking/unlocking, very underrated feature IMO. Includes the Blind Spot assist warning light, standard across all trim levels. Safety.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6344.jpg

KEYLESS-ENTRY is standard, with access for all four doors!
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6317-copy.jpg

Not the most spacious boot, but hey the seats fold for that once-in a while airport run. Boot lid with power open/close and handsfree access (A boon when carrying numerous shopping bags on the monthly grocery haul) - Also standard on top trim.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6324.jpg

Neat under boot area. Notice the absence of spare wheel, since Run-flats fulfil the law here. Nifty shopping basket that I've never used tucked away neatly with the tools and beach flip-flops.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6325.jpg

The 200bhp workhorse.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6340.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_0291.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6332.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6339.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6333.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6328.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6355.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6334.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6336.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6356.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6350.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6352.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6349.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6347.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6346.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6353.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6354.jpg  

My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_0300.jpg  

Last edited by Kwanza : 24th December 2020 at 14:04. Reason: Images not displayed properly
Kwanza is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 14:13   #2
BHPian

re: My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai

Now let's get in....

Door pad looks the class! Standard Power Driver & Passenger seat with memory. I'm a big fan of the unique Mercedes seat control buttons. Not only are they practical, they look a touch sophisticated! And anodized switches take the fantastic looks to an all new level!
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6345.jpg

Superb looking, and comfortable seats with very good side bolsters. Pictured here in cranberry red leather. Also notice the illuminated scuff plates, again standard on top trim. Ventilated seats are missed though!
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6327.jpg

The timeless flowy C-Class interior that we all love! I like it, but prefer the E-Class/CLS set-up more! A few more days with this interior until the W206 finally launches. Trim is open-pore black ash wood. Looks and feels great
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6329.jpg

One of the best steering wheels in the business. Leather wrapped, feels amazing to hold, and flat-bottom AMG-Line spec looks very sporty and expensive! Paddle shifters. Blackberry style touch controls on either side control the screens on either side. Cruise control and speed limiter on the left (a boon for Dubai roads). Right side controls call, volume and entertainment. Only thing I don't like (throughout the C-Class is the orange switch-gear illumination. If they can be converted to white, shut up and take my money
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_0291.jpg

Crisp 12.3 inch digital instrument display. Also standard on top two trims.

Now, I know many people consider digital ICs an evil fad. Can't blame them because on the mainstream cars available today, it's VERY poorly executed and looks no better than a cheap video game screen.

But why would you not like the endless customization options that it can provide? This C-Class does not offer just as much yet (of course way more than analog) but with the next gen MBUX it's amazing, and it will simply keep getting better! Audi/VW and Merc have the best in the business, and only a matter of time before this trickles down to the non-premium brands. Personally I love the way it's set up in the C. Not a fan of the set-up in A and CLA (or even the new S-Class) which looks like an iPad stuck on top. Neither do I like the Tesla style all-in-one-display thing. That extreme laziness I feel. A car requires a combination of multiple curved displays and just the right amount of buttons, all working together like an orchestra.

And yes being the enthusiast I am, I do NEED the "analog gauge" feel which these provide very well, PLUS all that extra customizable information in all it's HD glory... Maps, Assistance, what not! Damn.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6332.jpg

Also crisp 10.25 inch central media display.
As usual, the car is Apple CarPlay/Android Auto enabled, and "connected" with pretty much all Mercedes me functions available including Traffic alerts, Traffic sign assist etc. Only downside is, it's not a touch screen.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6339.jpg

Stunning clarity for the 360 camera (and Auto Park Assist) a very useful feature especially to protect the crazy expensive rims from not scratching into invisible sidewalks!
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6328.jpg

...even in pitch dark/low light. ORVMs on puddle lamps do a good job illuminating. Couldn't get a chance to click a pic in the dark though. Apologies, those in Dubai would know how conspicuous street lighting is here
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6355.jpg

Light controls and button to enable Lane Tracking Package which automatically pushes you back into the lane when it senses that you're wandering off. Very nice to have feature in Dubai roads.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6333.jpg

Also standard is a very practical wireless charging pad
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6356.jpg

40-10-40 split folding rear seats look and feel very good. However under thigh support isn't the best and generally, the rear could have been a bit more roomier I feel! Good enough for 2 average sized adults.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6334.jpg

But the huge panoramic roof makes up for the rear-seat shortcomings. Pan roofs are also a pretty nifty feature to have. The lightness and freshness they bring into the cabin is remarkable. Ofcourse, it's Dubai and hot days exist. The blinds do a decent job of keeping the scorching sun in check, at least, as good as metal roofs do.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6336.jpg

Some night shots...

The car equipped with Mirror/Light & Sight/KEYLESS-ACCESS packages make it look stunning at night while approaching or leaving. +1 for that recessed door handle lighting!
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6350.jpg
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6352.jpg

64 color ambient lighting give you that luxurious feel. But I do miss the ability to have it transition between different color themes automatically, like in models higher up the chain. Also notice the illuminated scuff plates.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6349.jpg
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6347.jpg
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6346.jpg
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6354.jpg

Last but not the least, I dislike the new "C" shaped tail lamp. It looks a little mainstream IMO. I prefer the ones on the pre-facelift model, which looked more unique butmimicked the ones in the S-Class.
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_6353.jpg

A parting shot!
My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai-img_0300.jpg

Last edited by Kwanza : 24th December 2020 at 14:19.
Kwanza is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 15:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: My fully loaded 2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Facelift in Dubai

Beautiful car. Wish they gave the option to atleast pay extra for the 360 degree camera and keyless entry package in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks