Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2021, 22:56   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My BMW M340i xDrive : Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Exceptional report of an exceptional car! Thanks for sharing this with us, Karan.
Thanks for the appreciation GTO
Quote:
Will go to our homepage tomorrow .
Thanks for the honour, looking forward.
Quote:
After driving cars like this one and other powerful sedans, I am totally becoming a convert from RWD to AWD. What we give up in steering feel & weight, we gain in immaculate poise in high-speed driving & (especially) cornering. The way this car behaved on the mountain roads left me for days after the drive.
I can understand. I still remember this memorable post of yours few weeks back which re-assured my buy decision;
Quote:
" Tell you a story. Has never happened with any other car. I came back from my usual highway run, had a heavy lunch and took a nap. Akshay1234 was going to come and pick up the car (keys were left with the house help). An hour or two later, I woke up, still sleepy and the first thought running in my head was "M340i" . In that groggy state, I hurriedly went to the window to check if the BMW is still parked down in the building, and there she was! Called Akshay who said he had something come up and was just leaving.

I went down again, took the car around the area to make the most of my final minutes with it and gunned the throttle. Never ever happened with any other media car, where I wanted to drive again, after a fun highway drive. The M340i BEGS to be revved to the redline. It can turn the most serious man into a mischievous child."

- GTO
Quote:
I love how your garage is shaping up.
Thanks !
Quote:
Also, time to sell the F30 328i now?
As of now id just say that the M340i was an addition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
What an amazing review of a truly amazing car!
This is a true blue (heh) BMW performance car.
I agree with you, BMW has priced it really well for India. Your wheel upgrade is also tasteful. Wish you many happy miles with this exceptional car. I am sure the next lot will also be sold out super fast.
Hi Shreyas, Thanks for the compliments & good wishes. Glad you enjoyed the Review.
Quote:
How is the ground clearance for everyday driving in Mumbai?
Surprisingly good. Till date just scraped the underbelly once & that too because of a shapeless speedbreaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJ View Post
Thank you for the Excellent review and Video Karan. Surely provides much more insights into the ///M340i.
I feel the overall dashboard layout is much more subtle and less busy than the F30.
Man, I just love that aluminum Venner/ Trim, Looks so Classy. Also, Those alloys are truly making your car much more pleasing and understated.
Wish you tons of Happy Miles Ahead.
Hi MSJ, Thanks. Good to know that you enjoyed the Video & the Thread. I too love the Aluminium Tetragonal Trim & personally prefer it over the CF Trim (Available as an upgrade). Thanks again for the compliments & good wishes, Regards !

Last edited by karan561 : 31st May 2021 at 22:57.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 23:12   #17
BHPian

Awesome Review Karan. Loved reading it every bit. Loved the alloy wheel design you chose. Ride quality when you say is livable. So with 18inchers tubeless would it have been lot more livable vs handling loss. Or you recommendation goes for 19"

Many more happy miles with this fantastic car
Puneet0051 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 01:22   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Very well written review, loved reading it

The car is really great even in stock form. Are you planning to go ahead with performance mods in near future ?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 09:28   #19
BHPian

I think I would call this one of the best reviews on this forum! The pictures too were an absolute treat to the eye!

Regarding the tyre upgrade, was there any particular reason why only Michelin was chosen over other brands? Of course given that this is an 'M' car, the setup would be on the sportier side but any problems with curb rashes yet owing to the lower profile?
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 09:36   #20
BHPian

Congratulations ! As usual is the case with any of your reviews, I read it twice ! First I savoured those superb captures of this gorgeous machine, and then I went through the whole review Wishing you many happy miles of 'M Performance' , or should I say M Pleasure !
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 10:28   #21
BHPian

Re: M340i Interior / Exterior

What a well written review of a well engineered and beautiful car!

Just loved the shots of this beauty, this is going to be my desktop background for a while now
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Wishing you a very happy and enjoyable ownership for many years and kilometers ahead

Regards
Ranvir
Rambo-RS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 10:38   #22
BHPian

Another great post & in-depth review, all the cars in your garage are the enthusiast's gems anyone can buy in India. Looking forward to see much more upgrades in the future.
And congrats on the B58 Beast...
GT Racer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 11:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
- Missing Features (Keyless Entry, 360 Deg. Camera Etc. missing at this price point is NOT DONE)
Congrats on the purchase Karan. I have said this before and I will say this again - the M340i is the epitome of ICE automotive engineering before or inevitable to EVs as it is one of the cars which exceeds the engineering to price ratio (which I just made up ).

But I have a bone to pick with BMW India with them skimping on features, perhaps they should learn from Volvo.
dragracer567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 12:16   #24
BHPian

Karan congratulations on your M340i this is an amazing review that you have given us here and also the pictures are really good. You truly have a gifted ability when it comes to reviewing cars, keep up the good work!

I have been waiting for your ownership review ever since you got the M340i! The 19" 792M BMW wheels look amazing on the car and should have come like that from the factory for all M340i's.

Congratulations once again and drive safe.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st June 2021 at 12:38. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Philomath55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 12:37   #25
BHPian

Congratulations on your beast and thank you for an exceptional review of the same on the forum! The M340i is a personal favorite of mine and hope to add it to my garage someday.

The video review was lovely as well. Seeing you enjoy and drive the machine to the fullest brought me a smile as well. How much did the vehicle come to on road? How does the performance and exhaust note compare to the regular 330i?

Do keep the post updated with your travels and ownership experiences. Wishing you years and thousands of miles of smiles with your Beemer. Cheers!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st June 2021 at 12:39. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Maverick_4662 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 13:01   #26
ais
BHPian

Superb review for a superb car, and the video review is very well made.

Which roads are these in the review? The interior roads have great tarmac, and the highways are beautiful.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 14:45   #27
AZT
BHPian

Amazing review. I rarely read all of the text but this time with your pics, writing style and videos it was totally worth it.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 16:27   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Awesome Review Karan. Loved reading it every bit. Loved the alloy wheel design you chose. Ride quality when you say is livable. So with 18inchers tubeless would it have been lot more livable vs handling loss. Or you recommendation goes for 19"
Many more happy miles with this fantastic car
Puneet, Thanks for the compliments & good wishes. The 19"ers were picked primarily due to their aesthetic advantage they have over the 18"ers and also they match the other Cerium Grey inserts of the M performance model line up. I find the 19" ride quality with tubeless more than liveable and no complaints to be honest so yes an 18" tubeless setup will be even better on ride quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Very well written review, loved reading it
Thanks Dr. !
Quote:
Are you planning to go ahead with performance mods in near future ?
No immediate plans for any performance Mods. The tyres were itself an performance modification which has increased the Handling, Braking & acceleration of the Fastest Car Made in India so will live with that for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
I think I would call this one of the best reviews on this forum! The pictures too were an absolute treat to the eye!
Regarding the tyre upgrade, was there any particular reason why only Michelin was chosen over other brands? Of course given that this is an 'M' car, the setup would be on the sportier side but any problems with curb rashes yet owing to the lower profile?
Thanks AKSarkar for your kind words & appreciation. The Michelins were selected because I have a soft corner for this brand and also because these had official BMW Part nos. and are included / covered under BMW Secure package. Overall no issues with this decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Congratulations ! As usual is the case with any of your reviews, I read it twice ! First I savoured those superb captures of this gorgeous machine, and then I went through the whole review Wishing you many happy miles of 'M Performance' , or should I say M Pleasure !
Thanks Akshay for your special comments & wishes. Glad you enjoyed the pictures & the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo-RS View Post
What a well written review of a well engineered and beautiful car!
Just loved the shots of this beauty, this is going to be my desktop background for a while now
Wishing you a very happy and enjoyable ownership for many years and kilometers ahead
Regards
Ranvir
Hey Ranvir, Thanks man. Good to know that the pictures posted connected with you on such level. Also, Thanks for the wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Racer View Post
Another great post & in-depth review, all the cars in your garage are the enthusiast's gems anyone can buy in India. Looking forward to see much more upgrades in the future.
And congrats on the B58 Beast...
Hey GT Racer, Thanks for your compliments on my Garage. Yes, shall keep the thread updated. Regards !
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
Congrats on the purchase Karan. I have said this before and I will say this again - the M340i is the epitome of ICE automotive engineering before or inevitable to EVs as it is one of the cars which exceeds the engineering to price ratio (which I just made up ).
But I have a bone to pick with BMW India with them skimping on features, perhaps they should learn from Volvo.
Hey dragracer567 thanks & very well said about the engine & the Engineering to price Ratio. I Bought the engine, the car came along
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philomath55 View Post
Karan congratulations on your M340i this is an amazing review that you have given us here and also the pictures are really good. You truly have a gifted ability when it comes to reviewing cars, keep up the good work!
I have been waiting for your ownership review ever since you got the M340i! The 19" 792M BMW wheels look amazing on the car and should have come like that from the factory for all M340i's.
Congratulations once again and drive safe.
Hey Philomath, Thanks for your motivating comments & good wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
Congratulations on your beast and thank you for an exceptional review of the same on the forum! The M340i is a personal favorite of mine and hope to add it to my garage someday.
The video review was lovely as well. Seeing you enjoy and drive the machine to the fullest brought me a smile as well. How much did the vehicle come to on road? How does the performance and exhaust note compare to the regular 330i?
Do keep the post updated with your travels and ownership experiences. Wishing you years and thousands of miles of smiles with your Beemer. Cheers!
Maverick, Thanks ! Good to know you enjoyed both the Video as well as this thread, thanks. The Cars costs Aprox 63L (Ex-Showroom) I Paid Aprox 4.6L for the new Rims and Tyre Upgrade then the Insurance etc & Local taxes (Which differ on location). Its best you contact the nearest BMW Dealer for the exact/best quote as per your city/location. I haven't driven the 330i (G20) so won't be able to comment but the difference on paper and in real is substantial & so would be the case for the exhaust note. (330i would be good for sure as well)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
Superb review for a superb car, and the video review is very well made.
Which roads are these in the review? The interior roads have great tarmac, and the highways are beautiful.
Thanks ! Yes, this was filmed in Gujarat & the Highway is NH8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Amazing review. I rarely read all of the text but this time with your pics, writing style and videos it was totally worth it.
Hey AZT, Thanks for the appreciation.
karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 16:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Karan! Mega congratulations man!

- Great review on your machine. I absolutely loved the M340i for the package it offers. Low Production, Affordable (by M-Performance standards) and Usable Performance and that superb B58 motor in a BMW. That's nothing short of a recipe for pure joy
- When you posted about getting the 792 wheels, I appreciated the fact that at least someone was changing the wheels. I feel that the M340i with the stock wheels looks just plain ugly. She definitely needed these aggressive bad-boys! I think from all the 340i's on T-BHP I like yours the best.
- Coming to your point about BMW having pre-selected configurations, do you mean that customers cannot spec the car as they want? It's definitely a downer, but I feel with premium cars, the dealers are always willing to help with the experience to ensure you get whatever you want.

P.S: Lovely shots of the car, really appreciate the work done the photographer!
P.P.S: Fantastic review & delivery experience videos, you're like a kid who has just found his favourite candy in a shop (aren't we all?).

Really hope to see it in one of the T-BHP Meets once COVID restrictions are reduced.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 1st June 2021 at 16:59.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 16:57   #30

Enjoyed reading your review Karan.. So much energy & passion in your writing.
Enjoy your Vahan!
ba run is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks