Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2021, 17:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal

Ford Endeavour deserves this Journal. Thanks to the new old truck, I hope to at least keep my journey recorded somewhere online.

Previous car - Jetta, Swift
Current car - Nano

My viewpoint will be based on the above vehicles. I do not think this version of the car had close-up details and hence decided to go Django on covering this car details. (mostly I was bored and wanted to test my patience to write a big post)

Summary of this ramble

• Space - I will address this as a truck. It is not a car.
  • Quiet Cabin
  • GC - Can cross over median if required
  • Excellent highway ride quality
  • Driving Position and Seat comfort
  • Big rearview mirror
  • Better Nighttime driving
  • Decent feature list - DVD player, Dual zone audio, FM/AM, CD, BT and Reverse camera
  • Road presence
  • Joy of taking it off-roading - Unparallel
  • Fit and finish is better than Germans or feels like that
  • My mother-in-law loves the ingress and outguess. She is 70+ and clearly prefers this truck over Jetta or Nano.
Can be better - Cannot find much.
  • Front AC vents could have been bigger
  • Bottle holders
  • Speakers and fidelity of music
  • Grab handle at driver side, Lack of light in the front row and new-age features like ventilated seats, better video system, rain-sensing wipers, etc.

As India is scared of Ford and when you see new owners wanting to sell a 3500km run new Endeavour that they bought to enjoy one of the best experiences in driving I am glad I went and picked up a Ford White elephant also known as Ford Endeavour. My peace of mind is back. I had enough going on the personal front that I needed a distraction to live life and the result of the same is picking up this Endeavour.

Going to keep this simple. No stories of how mentally broken I was to pick a car or what amazing advice I took from known and unknown folks around me. What I am planning to do is just journal the journey with a lot of pictures and some text. On the way, I will interact and answer questions and even convince you to ignore the sedan and pick some 4*4 truck.

Why Endeavour? Because I wanted to buy an Endeavour. My friends have a Pajero and a Fortuner and One of us had to do the honors of getting the other 4*4 home.

gsferrari is a college friend of mine and he is the fundamental reason for me even wanting a truck. I started with Espresso -> Brio -> Jazz -> Nexon -> Nexon EV -> Altroz EV(Wait and buy) -> Used Passat -> Thar ->Thar -> Thar -> (Now gsferrari buys a Pajero and I took 1 ride to decide what my next car should be) -> A Pajero or a Ford Endeavour.

What else I considered? Pajero had only manual 4*4. Nexon EV came once in thoughts, just once, and the reasons for moving to EV may never work in my favor. Immediately mind went to the car that is exactly the opposite of that notion (Better for the environment). One of the Fattest American Diesel.

Criteria - Big car. Strike - Huge Truck that compensates for my insecurities on the road, life and whatever life throws at me.

Finding the car - Challenge was to find something not too old, not too costly but clean. I am a sucker for clean interiors and OLX found me one. These were from the ad itself. This truck had 68K km on it, 2014 December make (Giving another 8 years to live with it),2 keys, manuals, and the original invoice.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-20210912_17050001.png
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-img20210829wa0005-1.png
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-img20210829wa0009-1.png

Car expectations - - Expectations were low. I drove a Jetta before this. Gsferrari drives a Pajero and a Fortuner and we came driving in the most awesome Creta. Our expectations were tempered that it's a truck and it will be slow, dull, boring and it compensates only on the off-roading capability. I did not expect anything major and my expectations were extremely dialed down, to be honest.
Note:- That Creta is a spoiler. If you want a fully loaded SUV, a great service network, and an excellent ownership experience, Creta should be at the top of your list. I do see Kia in the mix, but the feature will never replace the ownership experience. That is my 2 cents based on the drive-in Creta for over 200kms. Excellent car for long drives.

Buying Process: I fairly buy my car like how I sold mine. Fix a price, ask the right question, evaluate risk vs reward, and move forward. I found a seller who was honest enough(mostly). Fast forward, we agreed on a number. gsferrari and I drove 300 odd km to check this car very well knowing we may have wasted a trip. Of the 4 to 5 cars I checked this one was clean, the owner shared more information and was ready to patiently listen to questions posted. I was ready to waste 5K on 3m to get the car cleaned. Germikleen package with ac vent cleaning was done on Friday and I requested the owner to not let anyone use the car till we checked and left. The owner was kind enough to drop the car at the 3M center at an unknown person's request. The 3M guy played a good part in giving real feedback about the condition of the car and it helped immensely to confirm the car was indeed kept well if not babied. He confirmed the underbody was clean and there was no rust except some in the exhaust pipes. As customary he tried cross-selling exhaust pipe treatment which I gently refused.

D Day
We reached the place and checked out the car. Long story short I trust two people when it comes to cars. Gsferrari and JP(German Tech - Perambur/Chennai, My Jettas God Father).

At the location

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 8445
Size:  198.5 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 8262
Size:  153.2 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 8258
Size:  195.1 KB

Quick issues spotted - Bald tires, Broken glove box, Rearview mirror adjustment button not working, reverse camera not working, footboard plate rust, CV boot leak on the left front wheel, and the stench of 3m cleaning which I believe will take a month in sun to evaporate. There was one engine light check.

Good part: Engine sounded good, No sounds inside, Cylinders sounded normal, Cold start was instant, Battery had life (Maybe 6 months), Clean interiors, working 4*4 with good response from the differential, the suspension didn't show any major issues (But time will tell), No major tear in the seats except a small 3 cms tear in the driver seat sides. Now I realize that is a problem with most tall cars due to the way we enter and exit.

The Interior was extremely quiet during drives. A great testament to either zero off-roading and not busting the cars parts or the build is one of the best. The interiors probably sealed the deal for us when there was not even a single rattle.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-20210912_171922_hdr01.jpeg

First Testdrive Impression from both Gsferrai and me after hitting the highway - "There is something wrong with the speedo". It was showing 100 in a jiffy while we felt we were doing 40. I did download an app to check speed. Expectations were shattered to pieces. We had a broad smile. The transmission is smooth and as with every online review you read, there is no engine breaking in D. There is some in 1,2 and 3 and with OD off there appears to be some engine braking.

Decision Time Took the car to nearby Ford and after some good cop/bad cop we got the light checked. It was a faulty MAF sensor.

At the Ford Service

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 8161
Size:  176.8 KB

The car has done 3000 odd km in the last year after the owner purchased a Thar so my guess is the MAF is simply dirty and needs an IPA cleaning. JP was not worried about this error and gave a green signal. We negotiated a bit based on this physical evidence and at first, the owner did not agree. We walked out and started driving back and we would have gone 5kms when the owner called and realized that we were ready to drive back 300kms without the car. He agreed to a price and we closed the deal. Took all necessary papers, manuals, original invoices. I was not so keen on the service history as I paid a price for the Car that is valid for the next 10 years and had only 68k km on it. 12K km a year on an Endeavour is nothing compared to offroading junkies.

Some Pleasures

I have seen kids sit in the bonnet of cars. I never once had the heart to do that on a Jetta. This car bonnet feels like concrete. I sit on this for the hot bottom massage after a drive. Extremely useful for getting your back massage and bottom massage done. You can definitely lie down and take a comfortable hot massage on the bonnet. Yes, this car has the heat massage feature after long rides. The height is right above your C5 and provides excellent relief when you get down and lean on the side of the bonnet.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-img20210912wa002401.jpeg

Bring the Truck back to Chennai - The fun was in the final drive back home. At highway speeds, +-20% legal, this car can keep up with any modern car. It is neither slow nor bouncy for the driver and front passenger at least. You can throw it around and you won't feel scared once. It handles well on the highway and is extremely comfortable. Extremely stable in corners, body roll is probably there but the driver or the front passenger will not experience this. It appeared the car is just heavy and massive and it doesn't flinch in the corners. It almost moves nonchalantly. Bad roads aka Chennai-Bangalore roads never felt this comfortable, energetic(hardly tiring) and, like wanting to stop. I will give it some time but if you ask a new dog owner, he will say dogs are the best thing that ever happened to them (Ask them when it is their 3rd Dog and they will say this is their last). I am no different, today it feels way better than the Jetta that I loved.

Love it or hate it part? - This is so individualistic. The engine sound, the gargle, the bubble-bursting sound, the grinding sound(or like sound) is addictive. Jetta had a metallic sound or any TDI for that matter.

Niggles to fix - CV boot, MAF sensor, An inch tear in one seat, some minor electrical niggles, Clean up the footboard plate rust, and general service.

Tyres - Changed to Apollo. Cost vs benefit vs saving that extra for fixing the niggles made geolander the next buy. AT2 Apollo is not bad.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-img_20210912_134409.png

Size and Space - The car is fairly a 1 bedroom condo. There is space and a general feel of comfort once you get it. Very comfortable to get in and get out for the oldest person in my Family. I am equally surprised as I felt this car was difficult for old people. The second row is extremely generous. Fold both the rows and take the seat out, you can fit a queen-size bed and rest in a safe parking place and avoid taking a hotel in this pandemic time.

AC - Very good but I find it exactly like a 1 bedroom condo. You need to run the AC till the entire room is cool. So keep the rear ACs on to avoid feeling the cold air getting sucked by the hot rear compartment. The front ducts or vents could have been bigger. That would have meant higher fan speed. The ac chills to the bone quickly and the only time you feel it is not fully efficient is driving after parking in the hot sun. It takes a while for the car to cool down due to its sheer size.

The rest of the journey will be pictures and few scribbles. Yes, a Journal or a Journey. I am going to have fun. I grew up hating SUV's and if you are like me, give these big cars a chance. They are the white elephants in every way but they bring some smiles which I feel is what I wanted today.

Thanks gsferrari, Leslie - The two guys who know what this buy means and what it is giving back to me.

A short comparison with earlier cars:-

Compared to Swift
- Not a fair comparison. Swift will be better in fuel efficiency, practical take me around the town car, and in general a safe bet for most of the car-buying population. Swift feels refined and I had the petes box and it was very peppy to throw it around. The suspension was good enough but long drives did tire you out as it was a manual box. Given a choice and cost and a second chance to go back in time, will I pick a swift of the endeavor, I think I will pick the endeavor.

Compared to Jetta - It is a fair comparison to me. Both offer luxury in their own ways. Jetta was super fun to drive, and mine was mapped with Pete and it flew across states. Reliability was never a problem and never had to spend more than maintaining any other car. Petes mapping did cause few errors here and there and I do not think it is worth the hassle to get a petes tune into the Jetta. Jetta had the bilsteins and overall ride in highways is not comparable. The area where Endeavour is making its mark is the overall comfort without majorly compromising on speed. Jetta ride was close to the ground and comfort was extremely high. With the Endeavor and its ladder chassis, they hardly make a dent into the cabin. Given a choice, I would still pick the Jetta over Endeavour at that age. Jetta was a classic car and it served really well. The only reason to let go was it being manual.

Compared to Nano - Nano beats the living days out of Endeavour when it comes to driving, parking, and roaming inside the city. It was always a city car and as long as we understand that, there is no other car that has space, comfort, and drives quality like a Nano. I am not even contemplating selling it and I want to retire it as a classic in my home. Nano is a marvel made by Tata. Beyond that 5 km circle, the ford endeavor with folded seats can carry the Nano around.

Some pictures at the end of the ride to showcase the buy.
Some shots by gsferrari(He is an automotive photographer and owner of Magumedia)

Day 2 - Some posing

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 8155
Size:  172.6 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 8145
Size:  174.8 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 8070
Size:  179.1 KB

Day 2 - Took it to the beach. What else I was going to do

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-img20210912wa0017.jpg

What a fun day

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-img20210912wa002201.jpeg

General Snaps as part of first-week itch

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-20210912_170444_hdr02.png

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-untitled.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-20210912_165231_hdr02.png  

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-img_20210913_085609.png  

Last edited by VW2010 : 27th October 2021 at 23:47.
VW2010 is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 17:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal

Interiors

The truck comes with Standard 90s switches. The switches are big for fat-loaded fingers and huge for health-conscious ones.
Rear AC main switch - Dummy on the right. I will probably set up something to use this switch. May be an active reverse camera or Aux lights.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8406.jpg

Levers
- The turn indicator, wiper, and cruise levers are practical and simple. No complications there nor sophistication. The light level has typical 3 positions. Off, Position lights that switch internal lights and one external front and one external rear light, and finally the full headlight position. The high beam is the standard push-down operation.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2006.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2007.jpg

Harmless Dash. Pretty neanderthal compared to modern cars. The RPM redline is a well-planned joke by Ford on customers.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2005.jpg

Hand Brake
. LOL. Yes, reminds you of Sumo I think.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2000.jpg

Eye Glass holders. Big enough but the question remains why?. This space will be repurposed for some lights.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa1995.jpg

Microphone. This is the first functional and effectively working microphone I have used in any car. It is loud and clear for the parties on the other side. I struggled with Jetta and even Nano where I need to sometime shout. This Microphone has adjustable settings in the Kenwood to make it sensitive for the entire cabin

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa1992.jpg

Tweeters on the door, AC vents, and hard plastic finish on dash and trims

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa1993.jpg

Big Side Mirrors No complaints on the side mirrors. There is no Auto folding but I think that can be easily achieved if required, with some relays and wires. It does come with mirror adjustment from the inside. With both side mirrors the rearview center mirror is fairly not required 95% of the time. Feels very solid.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa1994.jpg

Steering basic adjustments. No adjustment to reach but only rake. Reach is sorely missed

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa1999.jpg

Media System - The oddball in this modern age is the Kenwood system. It is modern enough to question your upgrade and old enough to throw them away. The center console is basic. Very basic and you know you are driving a truck looking at it once. The first look at this console took me back to the first computer at home days.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-187140716_10158951592911727_7904365484316752805_n.jpg

Coming back - The center console is pretty ordinary. Dull colors, standard knobs and gets the job done. Standard knobs for AC temperature, Fan control, and vent control. Air recirculation is also standard and wire-based system. Extremely uninspiring colors to be honest. The size of the buttons on the system is a well-planned joke on humans in general.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa1996.jpg

The Kenwood system is pretty functional if not modern. Tiltable screen(I have absolutely no clue when you will ever use this function), DVD player, Dual zone audio*(Nice feature), multiple inputs, Bluetooth that works, excellent microphone, touch screen that reminds you of blackberry storm, Tuner, Reverse camera. It covers more than the basics. The speaker system is pretty ordinary. There is no balance in sound and the best experience one can get is by actually operating it as a dual-zone system. The front two speakers do a better job in terms of fidelity compared to all speakers operating together. Dual-zone basically drives all console music through the front two speakers and tweeters. The rear speakers are used for overhead DVDs. Tiny buttons that Oompa Loompas will love operating it.

Door Panel
- Good wooden touch and chunky buttons. The mirror can be adjusted from inside and folded from inside the cabin. There are no auto fold features but it should not be a bid deal to retrofit these requirements. Only the driver's window is one-touch open or close.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2009.jpg

Windows and in the general bright cabin
I feel the sunroof or moon roof would be overkill for this bright interior car. The windows are big (the rearview mirror is huge and yet looks puny compared to the window size) and the cabin is very bright and filled with light all around. Never once do you feel you are claustrophobic and instead make one feel very comfortable. At 12 noon expect the same windows to cause uneasiness due to heat. One thing to invest in is sunscreen on hot days. I have added a windshield sunlight reflector which does a decent job and cools the car quickly after a hot afternoon.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2012.jpg

Rear Ac Vents and AC Control
- The controls are very simple and do the job. The vents are positioned well and the Aircon is very strong to cool the cabin even in Chennai heat. It is better to keep them on even if you are driving solo as explained earlier.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2086.jpg

Cruise Control Cruise control is a boon to this car. Cruising at 80/90kmph on the highway is very comfortable and here the cruise control helps immensely. The RPM range is not so high and at 80/90 the car engine is chugging at 1800-1900 RPM. Except for the gargle sound, the car floats on the road with hardly any noise. The acceleration pedal vs response to this AT box is not a linear curve and hence holding the RPM at 1800/1900 requires fine touch with feet, which can be achieved with the Cruise control. The stalk is well-positioned, well-sized, and operates with one finger.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2002.jpg

Door Knobs and Lock
Big chunky doorknobs and lock button. Very sturdy and feels very comfortable. My fab key is not working and hence the lock button is what we use. Until I fix the fab key I have to remind myself to hit the lock every time. This was never an issue with Jetta as Germans made it very easy for users.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2014.jpg

Wood around the door, door panel, dash panel.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2015.jpg

GPS Module This is a standard setup in Ford. 10/10 on functionality and working. The Navigation is from 2014 so with that in mind, I am going to say, it is a decent system. Nothing fancy and nothing bad. It will get the job done. I hardly used navigation.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2017.jpg

AC vents. Functional, two-directional adjustments. Coverage is decent. The AC functions exceptionally well for a car of this size. It gets the cabin really cold in a short time. Hot sunny days where every AC struggles, as long as you have all the ports open, the car cools down fast enough to feel comfortable.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2018.jpg

Storage Space Bottle holders in the front. Holds those lean bottles. There is big storage below the center console and can hold many things. Phones, wallets, pens, CDs, DVDs and more.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2020.jpg

Center hand rest storage. This is dual compartment storage. The top storage has enough space to hold phones, masks, bills etc while bigger items can be stored in the box.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2021.jpg

Gear Lever and 4*4 switch

The gear lever is big and simple to use. PRND are standard modes and then there a 1,2,3 gear available for different conditions. 95% D mode is sufficient while 1/2/3 have better engine brakes.

P-Parking (Transmission is locked/Rear wheel is locked), N-Neutral, R - Reverse, D- Drive

3-2-1 - Useful for downhill etc.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2022.jpg

[b]OD Switch[/B

Overdrive switch basically acts like additional gear. When switched off the car operates at higher RPM delivering better acceleration and faster upshift. When the Overdrive switch is on the car is geared for long-distance cruises. I use this often for overtaking or when I need to get a punchy acceleration.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2023.jpg

Quality is of the highest class when it comes to bolting them together. There are no shortcuts taken and wherever there is potential time-based rattling, those places are provided with screws. For example, the footboard. Even in Jetta, the footboard was fixed via clamps and holes. Here ford has fixed the wire casing around the footboard with screws and there is no scope of any rattles or movements at the maximum abuse zone.

Last couple of interior pictures. This is how the front seats look like and the rear seat has bottle holders in the center. Bottle holders are small and they will not fit the modern day 1l water bottles.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2050.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2051.jpg

This tray below is very good especially if you have an LG dual-screen phone like mine.
Attached Thumbnails
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2030.jpg  

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2032.jpg  

Last edited by VW2010 : 24th October 2021 at 18:19.
VW2010 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 01:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Few more interior items before we go into seats.

Rear AC vents all the way up to 3rd row. Small but cools the cabin faster than most cars I have been into. The position is such that the air hits the face and gives you the perception of cooling down faster.

Second-row vents
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2059.jpg

AC Control - Straight forward.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2058.jpg

Hooks at the rear for nets or even a speaker board.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2098.jpg

Rear Lights that can be aligned with the door lock or permanently on/off.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2100.jpg

Nets on the rear door. Allows you to add some things that you take often out. Like gloves for cutting those branches on your off-road adventure etc.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2105.jpg

DVD player - Pretty simple, old school but functional. Quality is as good as the earliest touch screen phones. Neanderthal days of screen technology.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2061.jpg

The front tray - Very useful like I said earlier for watching TV, IPL on the go if you have the foldable phones. LG works well here.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2109.jpg

More Interiors - Seat Configuration and Impression

All seats are leather. The cushion inside is very comfortable for long drives. Excellent lumbar support in the front and seats are generous. There is no height adjustment or memory seat or anything fancy. Seats are broad, spacious, and very easy on users. The initial expression was lack of thigh support but after over 2000kms the seats feel very easy on drives.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2042.jpg

No height adjustments. The seat can be reclined and moved forward and backwards.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2037.jpg

Space from the top. Extremely generous seat.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2046.jpg

This gives a birds-eye view from the rear seat of the front two seats and the overall eye sour or simplicity of the ford.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2050.jpg

Rear Seats Very generous rear seat. The lower thigh support exists but is not long enough. Unlike most cars, the 3 seater is pretty much set up with 2 large seats making it easy for the 3rd person in the centre. No centre seat humps that you always see in most 3 seats setup or a cramped centre seat.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2053.jpg

Leg space- Generous leg space with a front seat fully extended towards the back.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2055.jpg

Push back in the rear seat.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2071.jpg

Front seat fully forward - We open the "hall" for the world when you push the front seat all the way forward.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2064.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2066.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2070.jpg

Jazz like magic seat - Remove the headrest from the front seat. And this setup is possible. It works very well as well.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2077.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2073.jpg

This magic seat set-up can provide this luxury on your long drives. Does it work? Yes, it does. Is it safe, probably not? Can this be a nice set-up to sleep while on the road? 100% and 100% comfortable.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2075.jpg

Rear seat folded opening space for the 3rd row.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2079.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2081.jpg

From a user perspective with the centre seat folder. This space is good enough for 4 to sit and play cards during our ride.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2087.jpg

Last row - The last row is not bad. We travelled with 7 on board with a dog. Everyone was comfortable. The last row was for kids and they never had an issue.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2089.jpg

Other setups of the last row.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2097.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2083.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2107.jpg

Let us close this with a fire extinguisher in that last row cup holder left by the old owner. We are keeping it.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-b4fa2091.jpg

The last row can be completely removed. In fact, in a couple of offroading trips, we used that as the seat outside the car for resting and eating. Excellent portable sofa.

Last edited by VW2010 : 27th October 2021 at 15:50.
VW2010 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 20:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Exterior

The exterior is definitely a massive-looking all-American truck. It is well put together, has strong materials, and is very practical considering what it goes through with its 4 by 4.

Panel gaps exist but they are very clean.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8353.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8360.jpg

Head lights - Three parts to it. Position light, indicator light, and headlights (55/60). Maybe it's just the seating position but the lights are very adequate for most situations.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8347.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8348.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8399.jpg

Grill, Logo and decals

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8352.jpg

Fog lamps - Very functional and very useful.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8397.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8398.jpg

General Decals and graphics

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8354.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8382.jpg

Wiper/Side mirror

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8355.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8356.jpg

Wheel arch - Made of plastic. This is cladding that provides some protection when senseless idiots try to close space and intimidate you. You simply hold your line and allow them to get scratched. Gaudy but functional.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8359.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8361.jpg

Rear Lights -
Nothing fancy here.
My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8364.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8365.jpg

Side step . I love this. Great for cleaning, great for simply standing on it, great for ingress.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8372.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_8382.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	5.37 MB
ID:	2217576

Door Handles

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8357.jpg

Antenna 90's style. 90's class.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8374.jpg

Roof rack and Roof with ridges Very functional and very sturdy.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8375.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8380.jpg

Rear Wiper, Panel, Wheel, and more - Wheels are fat, tall, and beautiful. There are better alloys but let's put perspective to 2014.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8386.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8368.jpg

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8371.jpg

Engine bay

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8401.jpg

Finally the joke. The puny horn from toy trucks.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8405.jpg

The under body is clean and all tugged in. Great for offroading. And look at that ground clearance. Absolutely love it.

My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal-_mg_8388.jpg

Other things

In summary, I have already done close to 3K km from the time I bought the truck and It has given me a new start to exploring on-road, different and new things with family. Exceptional highway quality, terrific space, and flexibility to carry 1BHK make this the perfect companion if one wants to do a lot of road trips. The fuel economy is slightly better than the Water tanker. Gives 11 on highways and around 9 inside the city and 7-9 when off-roading. (All these with AC full time running in the entire cabin)

The journey starts and the next stop will be a photo montage of the first outing. Happy to answer questions for folks thinking trucks lack dynamics, trucks are not for those corner craving enthusiasts and trucks are boring. I believe i can change your mind and reset your expectation to unleash your enthusiasm.

Last edited by VW2010 : 27th October 2021 at 23:37.
VW2010 is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 07:48   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Pre-Owned Ford Endeavour | Ownership Review & Journal

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Reviews section. Thanks for sharing!

Going to our homepage today
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 09:48   #6
BHPian

Congratulations and wish you many happy kilometers!
Drive Safe
dsnaveen21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Exterior

The journey starts and the next stop will be a photo montage of the first outing. Happy to answer questions for folks thinking trucks lack dynamics, trucks are not for those corner craving enthusiasts and trucks are boring. I believe i can change your mind and reset your expectation to unleash your enthusiasm.
Great write-up. When I started reading the thread, I was expecting the current Gen, but then was surprised to see the first gen!!

Can you share the purchase price please. This may be a mouth-watering used car purchase in current scenario!
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations; I too picked up a 2011 Endeavour 4WD AT earlier this year, with 61K on it's odometer. I am quite surprised to know that the facelift came with Cruise Control, I sooo miss it on my truck. Somehow, I have never managed to get beyond 8-9kmpl in mine.

Wishing you many happy kms with the truck
akshay4587 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Great Write Up and Hearty Congratulations!!!

You have rekindled my inner desire of owning this truck since long. Have been toying with the idea of selling my Ecosport EcoBoost for a Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT (Old Gen Facelift) however those prices are touching gold.

I'm already on OLX looking out for 2014+ models that come with Cruise Control.

Having owned a Ford for 6 Years, I can confidently say, these things are built to last, quality is good, spares and service cost aint that high.

Just sad that Ford exited the market however doesn't mean we cannot continue to enjoy these mechanical wonders.

Thanks for sharing. If you can share the price on the forum, would be helpful.

And glad to know you know Guru, he has an enthusiasm like no one else .

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:49   #10
BHPian

Congratulations on this beast of a thing!

A friend used to have the thunder plus with the bigger engine. That thing haulled. Remember doing silly speeds in that like 12 years ago.

I too purchased a big truck thing recently. A lc 120 prado. Only issues are its petrol and has a major drinking problem. Love driving it though. The can drive over anything feeling and no one messes with cars that big. My x3 is invisible on the roads. Everyone will just come in front of it and I have to slow down or make way. But in the prado I just honk and flash my lights and the road in front magically opens up. ��

Wish you many happy miles.

Cheers
Thegermanbadger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 10:49   #11
BHPian

This car is another testimonial as to why petrolheads love Ford so much! All the iterations of the endeavour in India have been absolutely phenomenal, especially this one!

Congratulations on getting this beautiful truck, I am sure it will serve you well for the years to come!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 11:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Ford Endeavour
I used to drool over this car during my college days, such a long beast, it took me a few days to understand the purpose of placing the mirror to gauge the gap between the rear end of the vehicle and anything behind it.

Lovely post and congratulations on your purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing!
As you may have already noted, OP has a unique style of taking pictures capturing the fine details and unique perspectives - consider giving him an opportunity to take pictures during TDs / reviews you conduct for this forum.
Thilak29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 12:29   #13

Congrats my friend. You and me fall on the same bucket. I too picked up a 2013 Figo 1.4 TDCi last month, And plan to hold on to our 2013 Nano, Mine is 1,11,000 KMS done. Nano will become a cult classic car in a decade. For sure there wont be many well maintained Nano after a decade or 2. Nano has got amazing design elements when compared to crowd of cars using same school design features. Happy driving a Ford & Nano.
gomnivazca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 13:02   #14
BHPian

[QUOTE

Exceptional highway quality, terrific space, and flexibility to carry 1BHK make this the perfect companion if one wants to do a lot of road trips. The fuel economy is slightly better than the Water tanker. [/quote]

Great Thread! Jetta to Nano to Truck!!! Wow!!!

Happy motoring! Some of the sly bits cracked me up.
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 13:15   #15
BHPian

Congratulations on your Endeavour.

From my experience with Ford cars, personally, Old Endeavour is the best car in terms of door closing sound quality in the entire Ford lineup. While closing the doors, it have nominal solid feel (not too strong like Ecosport), but the plush sound it creates is mesmerizing to hear (just like Honda City).

When I first encountered this car, I believe, I had opened & closed it for minimum 10times I guess.
Fiestaboy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks