Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 19:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2021 Ford Bronco | Ownership Review

What an awesome machine! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the review report. Looking forward to updates and many adventures with Bronco.

What are your plans for some modification and accessories?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 23:24   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
Quick update to my original post:
I did a quick trip north of San Francisco along some windy mountain roads on the famous Highway-1 to get a feel for how well it performs outside the city and highway routine.
Highway-1 and Ford Bronco is my dream combo.
I literally live on Highway-1 during weekends. I hope we cross our paths.
You got an ideal car to hustle on San Francisco streets.

I had to make a tough call between Defender, Bronco and Model Y.
Eventually, I settled with Tesla.

How is the roof latch mechanism holding up?
I read many issues around it.
Old 8th December 2021, 00:26   #18
BHPian

Congrats on owning one of the most anticipated cars of the year!

I wish Ford had brought the Bronco to India to compete with the Thar. Or maybe even the Bronco Sport to compete with the likes of the Creta or Compass (depending on pricing, I guess) But since they plan to focus on selling their premium models in India now, there may be hope yet!

Do keep this thread updated, would love to see you and your ride G.O.A.T.
Old 8th December 2021, 02:21   #19
BHPian

Something about the retro-modern look in today's cars catches the eye.
This in a CKD avatar at around 30 big ones would have sustained Ford for a decade atleast.
Old 8th December 2021, 05:21   #20
BHPian

Awesome Machine. Wishing you many happy miles together. Have any ideas for accessories yet? Also did you get a chance to test drive the Rivian R1T ?
Old 8th December 2021, 10:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Good looking truck! This grey/cement color is fast becoming my favorite. A legit alternative to Wrangler. I love how Ford managed to break away from their regular design clues and chalk up a new vehicle that looks nothing like other current Fords and yet it looks like a Ford..kinda hard to explain.
Just like Jeeps I guess the mod/custom scene is pretty strong for these. Anything in the pipeline?
This "Cactus Grey" color takes on very different hues depending on the ambient light. Minty in the sunshine and a bluish grey at night. I wasn't sure about it in photos, but seeing a pre-production model in person sealed it for me. In terms of mods, I'm planning to keep it stock for at least a few months, but I'm really keen to see what the aftermarket will have for suspension upgrades. The one option I'd have really liked was the upgraded Bilstein set-up in the top-end trims or the "Sasquatch" package for a more comfortable and robust feel, especially on rutty roads and washboards. Its more a want than a need though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Find a 4*4 group in and around SFO and start enjoying beyond the on-road drives. The off-roading fun gets addictive and will only make your own ownership even more fun. There are enough videos out there where this Ford Bronco community is starting to have lots of fun offroading across the US. Have fun and once you off-road you can never go back. (I wish in India we can have these varieties to buy from but we are stuck with an overpriced Thar and other not so hardcore 4*4s like endeavor and fortuner)
I've only really off-roaded on 2 wheels on a dirt bike, and it was addictive. I've already thought of a few places I'd want to take it. I've had to rent Jeeps in the past for even dirt roads. None of that anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Congratulations on your Ford Bronco!

In fact I love the Cactus Grey colour and you can get the 2.3L 4cyl with a 7 speed manual as well and steelies, makes it irresistible!

https://Youtu.be/ipT1_HKLXqI
I really dig the Black Diamond trim in that video, especially those steelies. I had two builds saved on the Ford site, and it was basically a coin toss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Congratulations kinetic!

....Thank you for sharing your impressions here. Never thought we'd have a review on the Bronco but here we are
I figured there'd be a few folks who would be interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What an awesome machine! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the review report. Looking forward to updates and many adventures with Bronco.

What are your plans for some modification and accessories?
Stock for a few months at least, but as I start to use it for what its built for, I may start entertaining ideas of a suspension upgrade and a tire upsize. I want to explore places like Death Valley that have a lot of washboards, and I'm curious to see how the current set up works. I've heard its more than enough, but the Bilsteins are supposed to be significantly better. That being said, if I want to do something like DV, I'll probably need auxiliary fuel can(s) to account for the tiny tank and range on the Bronco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarma9989 View Post
Highway-1 and Ford Bronco is my dream combo.
I literally live on Highway-1 during weekends. I hope we cross our paths.
You got an ideal car to hustle on San Francisco streets.

I had to make a tough call between Defender, Bronco and Model Y.
Eventually, I settled with Tesla.

How is the roof latch mechanism holding up?
I read many issues around it.
The roof is holding up functionally so far, but its only been 300 miles. The cosmetics i.e. the edges and the infamous "snakeskin" pattern are what I'm keeping an eye on for now.

Last edited by kinetic : 8th December 2021 at 11:00. Reason: Added some more data.
kinetic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 19:25   #22
BHPian

What a car!! or should i say truck or JEEP!!!
Ford has finally hit the nail on its head! Amazing vehicle in every sense of an offroader.
I have been following the launch very keenly and as a Wrangler fan & owner, feel that now there is REAL competition.
Congratulations man!! Send us a review once you do some offroading!!
Cheers
Krish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks