Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 12:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Our Joy of 2021 : Tata Punch AMT

Congratulations on your ride.

One quick question, what happens if you switch off the engine on neutral and then move the gear stick to R or A?
Old 15th March 2022, 20:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Congratulations on your ride.

One quick question, what happens if you switch off the engine on neutral and then move the gear stick to R or A?
Nothing. You can only put it in drive or reverse when engine is running and break applied.
Old 16th March 2022, 11:51   #18
BHPian

Hi, It was the regular foot brake. I tested it on a flyover.

I applied brake and then released it without any acceleration, vehicle moved forward with a speed of 7-10 km/hr. Also till we reached the top (25 metres atleast) there was no acceleration.

Also , I test drove celerio -AT on the same day , in the same stretch. Hill hold did its job there. but with 5 adults it was struggling to pull ahead. We have to accelerate to move forward.

When I discussed the same with the TATA sales person, he claimed that mostly all automatic cars will have this features inbuilt

But its better to test drive yourself to get a clear feel of it, instead of taking my word for it.
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_krao View Post
I will continue to post timely updates and my Punch experience.
Congrats for the Punch AMT !!

I need some help from you. I am in search for a new car to replace my 2015 Safari Storme which was totaled in a highway accident in Mid-April. Punch AMT is one of the two contenders for new car (Tiago AMT being another). It will finally be a replacement of my 2011 Vista QJD, but will co-exist with Vista till I find a replacement of Storme in 1 or 2 years. Punch (or Tiago) will be driven by my wife (and Vista will be my daily office drive).

Last week I took a small test drive of Punch AMT. There was stop and go traffic, and I found it difficult to control the car in such traffic. As soon as I removed right foot from brake, the car lunged forward and then I had to brake again soon as the traffic moved little by little only. I felt like I didn't have complete control of the car in stop and go traffic, and I might bump into someone. I have driven/ridden only manual cars and bikes. Is it how automatic (and AMT) works? In such a traffic I can control a car using clutch and brake, but in AMT only brakes are used. Could you please enlighten me what I could do better in driving an AMT in such stop and go traffic.

After Punch AMT I test drove Tiago manual in same traffic, and I felt to be in full control of the car, unlike the AMT.
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
Congrats for the Punch AMT !!

I need some help from you. I am in search for a new car to replace my 2015 Safari Storme which was totaled in a highway accident in Mid-April. Punch AMT is one of the two contenders for new car (Tiago AMT being another). It will finally be a replacement of my 2011 Vista QJD, but will co-exist with Vista till I find a replacement of Storme in 1 or 2 years. Punch (or Tiago) will be driven by my wife (and Vista will be my daily office drive).

Last week I took a small test drive of Punch AMT. There was stop and go traffic, and I found it difficult to control the car in such traffic. As soon as I removed right foot from brake, the car lunged forward and then I had to brake again soon as the traffic moved little by little only. I felt like I didn't have complete control of the car in stop and go traffic, and I might bump into someone. I have driven/ridden only manual cars and bikes. Is it how automatic (and AMT) works? In such a traffic I can control a car using clutch and brake, but in AMT only brakes are used. Could you please enlighten me what I could do better in driving an AMT in such stop and go traffic.

After Punch AMT I test drove Tiago manual in same traffic, and I felt to be in full control of the car, unlike the AMT.
Hi, Amt cars like all automatic cars will creep forward once you release brakes. This is till 5-6 kmph, then you have to press accelerator to move faster.
You will get used to this once you get the feel of brake pedal travel. Do take test drive in another car also.
abhi_krao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 13:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Amt cars like all automatic cars will creep forward once you release brakes. This is till 5-6 kmph, then you have to press accelerator to move faster.
You will get used to this once you get the feel of brake pedal travel. Do take test drive in another car also.
Thanks. I understand that beyond creep I need to press accelerator. But my problem is that when we need to let go of brake and immediately stop (when one needs to go forward by a small distance, say a meter or two, in stop and go traffic). This creates lots of jerks while braking. I have asked Test Drive of Punch AMT from another dealer (Adishakti) this evening.
Old 13th November 2022, 21:21   #22

I recently test 'rode' a Punch Creative AMT and found that the armrests for passengers are made with some sort of white fabric and I could see signs of small bobs of fabric coming out. Also, it was dirty and being fabric, I guess it might be difficult to clean.

Are you facing this issue with your Punch as well?
Old 19th November 2022, 10:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk2903 View Post
I recently test 'rode' a Punch Creative AMT and found that the armrests for passengers are made with some sort of white fabric and I could see signs of small bobs of fabric coming out. Also, it was dirty and being fabric, I guess it might be difficult to clean.

Are you facing this issue with your Punch as well?
If you are talking about the door armrests, they are white in color but of plastic. Maybe the test car was not maintained well. Do check out the display car also.
It just needs to be maintained well to look clean. Mine has no issues and still looks good as most of the plastic used inside is of good quality.
Old 6th December 2022, 23:31   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_krao View Post
It definately is a VFM.
Hi abhi, would like a quick update on the car, how is the experience till now? How is the AMT performing? Are there any jerks? Please shed some light on the manual mode of the gearbox, is it responsive in manual mode ?
Does it feel fun to drive in manual mode? How is the service at Adishkti?
Also the prices for Creative AMT are now 10,60,000,is it still VFM?
Old 7th December 2022, 07:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Hi abhi, would like a quick update on the car, how is the experience till now? How is the AMT performing? Are there any jerks? Please shed some light on the manual mode of the gearbox, is it responsive in manual mode ?
Hi Piyush,
The experience has been great. If you drive a lot in the city, amt is the best option. If you drive aggressive only you feel amt a little jerky but otherwise it's fine. In manual mode, it still takes a second or 2 to shift like in auto mode, so the response is not like actual manual gearbox. I hardly use manual mode.
I only serviced in Adishakti for the 1st free service and it was ok. They are pretty overburdened so need take appointment 1 month in advance. I now service at Emm Emm motors near my home.
Creative amt is still vfm for me because of the loaded features it comes with.
abhi_krao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 09:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
I have Kaziranga Creative AMT bought in end September. If driven non-agressively, AMT is smooth. I have not been able to learn yet how to avoid jerks while braking and coming to a stop specially in stop go traffic. I haven't used manual mode. I too bought my car from Adishakti, but got first free service e done at EmmEmm motors as it is closer to home, and I have been getting my Vista and Storme serviced there for years, and have good rapport from mechanic to owner of EmmEmm.

I bought Kaziranga AMT for 11+L, and had found it VFM.

Before deciding on manual vs AMT, test drive extensively in heavy traffic and not on empty roads.
speed79 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 17:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
I have Kaziranga Creative AMT bought in end September. If driven non-agressively, AMT is smooth. I have not been able to learn yet how to avoid jerks while braking and coming to a stop specially in stop go traffic. I haven't used manual mode. I too bought my car from Adishakti, but got first free service e done at EmmEmm motors as it is closer to home, and I have been getting my Vista and Storme serviced there for years, and have good rapport from mechanic to owner of EmmEmm.

I bought Kaziranga AMT for 11+L, and had found it VFM.

Before deciding on manual vs AMT, test drive extensively in heavy traffic and not on empty roads.
Hi
Now that BS 6 phase 2 is said to be lot better now NVH wise. By any chance, have you driven the Phase-2 Punch.
I had visited showroom yesterday, but the demo AMT variant was not available. I may take a TD in 2/3 days, as the sales guy told that the AMT variant has gone out-station.

I am keen to know about NVH and if AMT is livable or not. I may consider this for city use which will co-exist with my Vento DSG.

Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 18:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi
Now that BS 6 phase 2 is said to be lot better now NVH wise. By any chance, have you driven the Phase-2 Punch.
I had visited showroom yesterday, but the demo AMT variant was not available. I may take a TD in 2/3 days, as the sales guy told that the AMT variant has gone out-station.

I am keen to know about NVH and if AMT is livable or not. I may consider this for city use which will co-exist with my Vento DSG.

Thanks
No, haven't driven BS6-ii Punch. Even in my Punch, I have no issues with NVH. And I can now drive my Punch AMTsmoother than earlier,.Though it is not as good as proper automatic, it is certainly livable. But you must test drive it to see if it suits you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks