Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 19:12   #16
BHPian

Re: From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Excellent write up, please check the front bumper and grille alignment with the bonnet, seems off to me. You can also check the panel gaps between the bonnet and left and right fenders to ensure no bodywork was done that you’re not aware of.
Sharp eye there! There was already a slight misalignment when I bought the car and was due to accidental repair. Post that I also had a somewhat minor accident with buffalos crossing a highway. I didn't bother fixing it as it is only visible on a good look and the damage now affects the hood, fender, and bumper. Hope I don't get a chance to visit a body shop for something else and get to include this also
nissar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 19:37   #17
BHPian

Being an Accord V6 owner, excellent buy I would say!

Just a recap of my 5 years with one:

When my friend and myself searched for our first ride in 2017, Accord V6 was the best buy for me compared with Infinity Q50, Ford Edge, Jeep GC, and Nissan Maxima. This is quite a personal opinion as my priorities were based on practicality/space, power, features, and reliability.

So, I picked a V6 SPORT with honda sensing with all-black interiors and my friend went with a Jeep GC Laredo with Jeep being a 9k AED cheaper.

After 5 years of ownership with around 60k in the Odometer, I still feel the freshness of this Accord with no real aging issues/niggles ever faced. Excellent after-sales support from Honda makes it a 100% flawless ownership experience.

On the contrary, my friend's Jeep went through a vast list of failures and niggles which forced him to sell it off after 4 years of not-so-great experience. Americans are never a match for Japanese and German reliability from what I hear.

I thought of upgrading in the last 1-2 years, trouble is to find a suitable upgrade with a better set up which can be a daily ride and definitely at the same running/maintenance cost. Of course, there are many options in UAE but I don't really want to change just for the sake of getting a new logo on the bonnet.

Surprisingly, I do get a lot of sales inquiries these days. The last one was from a Dubai Police patrol car stopping next to me near my office. The officer was like " Any price, I will take it!"

I guess 10th Gen is not a sleeper like V6 and 9th Gen with Honda sensing makes it a better proposition compared to 2T.

I am just keeping it for another year or two for sure!

Few pics:
Attached Thumbnails
From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-shw.jpg  

From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-dash.jpg  

From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-iso.jpg  

From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-sid.jpg  

born2drive is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 19:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

I found this interesting video.
Love the factory strut brace though.
Old 10th January 2022, 23:02   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on the beauty. I always admire this beauty wherever I get a chance. Not too may on the Chennai roads. This V6 was my second favorite to W124, If I would have not got W124s then the Accord V6 would have been in my garage.

Once again, enjoy the V6, you will grin ear to ear
.HEM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 00:36   #20
BHPian

Fantastic review! Being an 8th gen Civic owner and having driven the V6 Accord just last week, I was actually craving to read a bit more about it. They don't make cars like these anymore. As you rightly mentioned, I turn my head to see an Accord even today. Wishing you many happy hassle free miles!
raunaqv471 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 01:59   #21
BHPian

Still using this Honda Accord LHD already clocked over 425,000 km. In my experience i feel i am driving the same old car which i bought from day 1 itself . The car is always smooth to drive best car for cruising on highways , good mileage sitting comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-unnamed.jpg  

Sarinkrc is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:26   #22
BHPian

I really love the Honda Accord since this gen. I used to live in Bahrain where my father owned a 09 Honda City when I was in the first grade. I always looked at the Accord as the luxury version of the City and the Civic as the sports version of the City, i mean I was young at that time and liked cars, but didn't know a while lot. Also I'm considering getting this same model Accord as a first car when I turn 18 this March.
IMPORTANT:
The Engine of this V6 Accord is a interference engine and is a primitive design. It still uses rubber timing belts. If it were to break, it would cause the pistons to hit the valves causing catastrophic unrepairable damage to the engine. So change the timing belt immediately as a preventive maintenance even if it looks ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarinkrc View Post
Still using this Honda Accord LHD already clocked over 425,000 kms.
Left hand Drive you say? Which country, may i know?

Last edited by Panneer Selven : 11th January 2022 at 12:31. Reason: Grammatical mistakes, forgot to add a important note
Panneer Selven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 21:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panneer Selven View Post
IMPORTANT:
The Engine of this V6 Accord is a interference engine and is a primitive design. It still uses rubber timing belts. If it were to break, it would cause the pistons to hit the valves causing catastrophic unrepairable damage to the engine. So change the timing belt immediately as a preventive maintenance even if it looks ok.
I did ask my SA about this he mentioned that Honda has recommended this for 120,000 km service. Since the car is 12 years old now should I get this done soon anyway (mine is at 95,000)?
nissar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 21:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissar View Post
I did ask my SA about this he mentioned that Honda has recommended this for 120,000 km service. Since the car is 12 years old now should I get this done soon anyway (mine is at 95,000)?
Get it done immediately regardless of what the SA says. It's a rubber belt, and like tyres, it can crack over time. Being 12 years old, i can bet it already has cracks in it, so keep it as a high priority and change it ASAP.
Panneer Selven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 10:24   #25
BHPian

Congratulations for the V6. I have a 2.4 litre CR-V and while I am very happy with the performance, I have always wondered what a 3.5 V6 Honda would feel like. I wish they offered this engine on the CR-V too. Cheers!
Old 14th January 2022, 15:09   #26

Hi Nissar,

I have been enjoying a similar beauty for the last 5/6 years, and have been very happy with it. The only issue I am facing is a leakage of steering hydraulic fluid, so had to top it off on a recent interstate drive. Plan to get that addressed soon.

The power and pickup is smooth and any high way drive puts a smile on your face with this car. I find the old and powerful V 6 extremely reassuring and preferable over most of the newer cars, and thanks to the Eco mode, the file economy is not bad compared to the power available on Tap. Overall very happy with it.
Reachjai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 15:03   #27
BHPian

I got myself an old E60 530i for this very reason. Nice n/a 6 cylinders are rare and getting rarer. I chose the BMW for rear wheel drive and maybe slightly better dynamics. It revs till 7000 rpm, the gearbox is smooth. It rides decently for 18 inch wheels. I got it for next to nothing.

This thing got me hooked and now have 3 six-cylinder cars. A V6 1GR FE Land Cruiser Prado and F25 X3 3.0d. Next year, will be looking at 8. Something with 4.4l from BMW or Mercedes or a 1UZ from Toyota. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited by GTO : 4th February 2022 at 18:59. Reason: Please use CAPITALS wherever appropriate, thanks
Thegermanbadger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:58   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reachjai View Post
Hi Nissar,

I have been enjoying a similar beauty for the last 5/6 years, and have been very happy with it. The only issue I am facing is a leakage of steering hydraulic fluid, so had to top it off on a recent interstate drive. Plan to get that addressed soon.

The power and pickup is smooth and any high way drive puts a smile on your face with this car. I find the old and powerful V 6 extremely reassuring and preferable over most of the newer cars, and thanks to the Eco mode, the file economy is not bad compared to the power available on Tap. Overall very happy with it.
I got a similar Stereo Mod and have a pioneer head unit with navigation. Focal speakers and a sub woofer in the boot complete the sound for me.

Have been running Michelin pilots and had put a K & N filter as well. I had a harrowing time with my local Honda dealers who would quote astronomical rates for spares and not have them/get them/put them for months even after the payment, so moved my car service to a Bosch service centre in Okhla, who have kept the car in peak shape for me. At least in Delhi, Spares have been available in some of the markets like Palika Bhawan. Changed the shockers to KYB's, had to do one improvisation for the AC compressor - fitted one from CRV - but has been running without any issues. I find the Bosch service stations are better, provide a more personalised service and have been able to source almost any and all parts needed.

I really love the sheer versatility of the car, which goes from being a comfortable city commuter to a cracking sports car, just drop down to Sport mode and floor the throttle. Despite the age, and while lacking the fancy gadgetry , it can still delight and put a smile on your face, and you don't have to spend fancy money either. It blends in nicely in the city, does not attract attention, but takes off anytime you floor it. I think Its India's cheapest to own and run sports car !!

The only issue has been its low ground clearance which made it ground on the nasty speed breakers on highways and in Delhi NCR, but I have since fixed it too, and now it remains my favourite highway car as well, its certainly more fun than my SUV's.
Reachjai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 21:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup. I have the facelifted 2.4 / 4 cylinder Accord. Same Tafeta white color

Miss the V6..I always wanted the second exhaust that the rear bumper has actually space for. The better alloy wheel design in the 2.4 makes up for that slightly.

I have done 143,000 kms. Yes pls replace parts before they need to be replaced and unless you are very sure, don't go the independent mechanic route. Service costs are generally low...a service will cost less than 5k unless you require part replacement.

Discs are a constant pain. I replaced mine 30k kms ago and they required polishing again.
Miss the V6 definitely but the 180 bhp motor is decent enough to hold speeds. In this car you lose the sense of speed on expressways...160 can feel like 120.

FE depends on my foot. On highway I have got even 13 kmpl if I keep below 110 and dont accelerate suddenly. City driving is between 7-9 kmpl.

I replaced my steering at 109k kms...seems like a constant pain on the accord and even the CrV with which it shared platforms. I have also replaced parts of the front suspension (tie rods, upper / lower ball joint and rubber bushings. Also replaced the belt and tensioner both.

I replace the transmission fluid every 35k kms or so even if we can wait till 60k kms. It is cheap (relatively) compared to a failed transmission.

I am using an android player too (see pic) but the player has beenc a bit buggy and as of now I just connect my iphone (it came with ipod connect) to the USB slot in the center console for high quality music. Have replaced the yellow colored headlamps to LEDs and all the internal and and number plate lights are LEDs too to inject some bit of freshness.

As to your point about safety rating compared to Honda City. It was a 5 star rated car in its time and size does help . Star ratings come in size category so a 5 star golf is not as safe as a 5 star Passat.

The 1525 kg car has vault tike doors. it take a firm shove to open it if the exit side is on an incline. Attached is a pic of my car and the android player I was talking about.
From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-20170723_165352.jpg

From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-20180827_082424.jpg

Last edited by Buffetfan : 24th January 2022 at 21:10.
Buffetfan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 10:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I replaced my steering at 109k kms...
But why did you replace the steering wheel? If it was the fading chrome logo, you could have bought just the logo online and replaced it. Or if it was worn out grips, you could have leather-wrapped it. I did the same on my Xuv500's steering wheel.
Attached Thumbnails
From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-img_20211017_115810.jpg  

From a different era - My preowned 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6-img_20211014_235837.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks