Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2022, 11:20   #16
BHPian

Re: My Jeep Compass Limited Petrol AT - Initial Ownership Review & 4000 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride;5441554

[U
Auto Start/Stop: [/u] : I am not a fan of this feature. It's neither good for the battery nor for the turbo. Though the Owners Manual states, it takes into consideration of engine temperature for activation, I have found it turning off the engine in signals even after riding for 7 hours continuous. The software that controls it too is not perfect and could go awry. I was once in a busy signal when it auto stopped ( I involuntarily slot to N in signals ) and I had to lean back to the back seat to pick something up and hence unbuckled the seat belts and shifted to P. The signal turned Green. I buckled again and slotted the gear to D and released brakes.. Boom !!! the car doesn't start. The gear lights starts flashing and it was beeping all over.
I had the exact same experience on my Meridian. It seems once the engine has auto stopped we should not be moving the gear lever to Parking (that auto engages EPB). Basically the manual says if the EPB (electronic parking brake) is engaged while engine has auto stopped, the car needs to be started back manually.

In my case, it throwed all kind of weird and scary errors. I have also experienced this in other cars but at least the MID in other cars, shows an understandable error message so that the user can gracefully exit the error scenario. In my Meridian, it throws all kinds of errors and then at last says press brake and push start button to start . By that time user would have already panicked with the amount of honking from frustrated traffic around

I now diligently switch off this feature the moment I start driving. This feature only helps the manufacturer show mpg/kmpl gains under CAFE norms and personally I am not a fan as it puts a lot of pressure on alternator and battery.
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 23:42   #17

Re: My Jeep Compass Limited Petrol AT - Initial Ownership Review & 4000 km update

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Loved the thread and detail of your experience. I have also booked a Limited Diesel Auto 4*4 (Black) and expecting delivery in a few days. Looking at your photos, I am tempted to go safer with white also (in dual tone with Limited).

Wanted to know have you opted for Extended warranty and 3 year service package at the time of delivery? also why/ how did you choose Ceramic over PPF ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Prelude

A lot has been written about Jeep Compass by expert BHPians as part of the official reviews as well as ownership reviews. I never thought of attempting one myself. One fine frustrating work day, I started jotting down my experiences with my new car in a word doc, but never planned to make it a big one. I was also sceptical if anyone would want to read it as almost all features have been discussed in detail. Hesitantly, I moved it to Assembly Line section thinking I will decide on completing it later. That evening, I got a "Thanks" hit from GTO and it geared me up to complete it. Hope, this might help someone with similar needs to make their purchase decision.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th November 2022 at 10:04. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Sreespace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 09:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreespace View Post
Loved the thread and detail of your experience. I have also booked a Limited Diesel Auto 4*4 (Black) and expecting delivery in a few days. Looking at your photos, I am tempted to go safer with white also (in dual tone with Limited).

Wanted to know have you opted for Extended warranty and 3 year service package at the time of delivery? also why/ how did you choose Ceramic over PPF ?
Thank you. Congratulations. I am sure, you are going to luv the car.

Yes. I have opted for Extended warranty during purchase. I would highly recommend you go for it. Better do it at time of purchase itself. What I understand is, Jeep revises the cost of extended warranty after 3 months of purchase ( going by their pricing trend, you can expect it to get hiked every now and then ). 3 year service package was not available when I purchased the car.
For Black colour, PPF will give you peace of mind. For White, PPF is not recommended. I have checked with dealers of 3M, Stek, Xpel, CarPro etc. None of them couldn't guarantee discoloration after 3 years. 3M folks openly said, the edges will get yellowish shade after 2 years or so.

Last edited by enj0y_ride : 24th November 2022 at 09:34. Reason: corrected typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks