Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 12:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk

Excellent review! Being a fellow JC owner myself, there is no doubt that when Scarlett (my Red JC Bedrock) has breathed her last, it will probably be the Trailhawk to replace her. Unless Jeep comes up with something better.

Their service is spotty, but boy do they make some good products.
arjyamaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 14:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Is'nt it great that people still choose their hearts over their mind while buying cars? Cars are of course, (and thankfully so) an object of passion

Further, the Compass exists in a segment of it's own (small, luxurious 4x4), so people cannot cross shop. Sameer has got so much more in the new Trailhawk over his older 4x4.

The 2018 Compass was utilitarian at best (i owned a Limited so i know what i am referring to), the 2020 Trailhawks were under-whelming in terms of features and so in the end they sold for 3-4 lakh discounts. The new Trailhawk is far more capable than the 2018 4x4, retains all the top end features and is priced decently well given the competition (Tiguan is priced much higher, the upcoming Tucson will also be in that range). The exclusivity factor itself is worth the additional moolah.

Congratulations Sameer on owning perhaps one of the most desirable SUVs out there.
Thanks achyutaghosh ! Very well said sir, Someone in JWW said that "once a Jeeper is always a Jeeper." Jeep is a brand that hooks you onto.

Uptill Mid Jan-22 I never thought I would be upgrading. When I expressed a friend and he took it seriously and closed a deal. When I booked TH, I did not knew price and even launch date even Landmark was clueless to accept the booking or not.

Coming to my requirements - My drive was for 40% City, 40% Highway and 20% off road and I couldnt see anyone come close to trailhawk. Tiguan and Kodiaq were in my budget but knowing German cars and service history and my 20% off road requirement, the equation did not go well. (I did not consider Tucson as my close friend owned one)

Jeep India made 2022 TH very exclusive, This time there were no reductions. I think they made very few due to Meridian launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjyamaj View Post
Excellent review! Being a fellow JC owner myself, there is no doubt that when Scarlett (my Red JC Bedrock) has breathed her last, it will probably be the Trailhawk to replace her. Unless Jeep comes up with something better.

Their service is spotty, but boy do they make some good products.
Thanks arjyamaj ! Look forward to hear more about Scarlett. Dont think of reaplcing soon as Jeep has plans to get hybrids to India in coming years. That can be a good option.
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 16:12   #18
BHPian

Re: My Jeep Story : Addicted to Jeep - Limited 4x4 leads to a Trail Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
December 2021 -

Truth be told - my jeep 4x4 was doing brilliant - it took my family in great comfort and generally kept our mood happy now the problem with "wanting more is wanting more", I drove my friend @Motoringlover's Tucson which was 4wd Automatic, now that changed the dynamics. I now wanted an Automatic - especially given the Mumbai traffic

Attachment 2326843

Attachment 2326853
Now I am glad it all worked, looking forward to meeting the TH in person.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th July 2022 at 19:14. Reason: Minor edit. “i —> I”
Motoringlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 22:59   #19
BHPian

Its been a long time I have not updated ownership experience of Lightening Bolt Jr. Here are few updates

The tyre upgrade:

Tyre upgrade was on my radar to upgrade the tyres from HT to AT. Trailhawk comes with 225 60 R17 HT Falcon wildpeak tyres. Those were ok tyres not so great but I was looking to upgrade to 235 65 R17. My first choice was Michelin LTX or Pirellis and then Yoko. Incidentally one of my Jeeper friend came to my help he was selling his Trailhawk and he had 235 65 R17 Yoko Geolander on his Jeep and usage was 5-6K and I did 4-5K on my current set of tyres.

So tyre trade in was great and it an easy upgrade. This has changed a stance of the Jeep and it looked taller and road grip was amazing it also worked well with off road.

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-1.jpeg

Immediately after tyre upgrade:

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-2.jpeg

Immediately after tyre upgrade:

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-3.jpeg

Comparison in office parking. LR and Trail hawk looks the same height.

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-4.jpeg

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-5.jpeg

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-7.jpeg

An unfortunate event happened - met with accident with Mahindra pick up. It was not that bad to claim insurance. Thanks to a my friend Padam who suggested I get PPF done on day one. It just protected the colour and saved me from claiming insurance.

1st Service update:

Jeep recommended service after 5K Kms. Its just a basic check and nothing more. But I asked for oil replacement and filter replacement. Overall the service cost was 6K but worth a change. My intent to change oil was to remove any engine burr which accumulated in oil and engine smooth lubricant. It works really well - the car was super soft.

2022 Freedom Trail:

Jeep India along with JWW organized a freedom trail at Karjat. There were 50+ Jeeps that came this time and weather was perfect.

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-8.jpeg

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-9.jpeg

Looked like a Jeep land

Here is a snapshot my ride and muddy donuts

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-10.jpeg

The line up for the drive:

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic11.jpeg

After nice mud bath she looked so amazing. As I always say jeep looks better when its dirty or muddy.

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic12.jpeg

The siblings one coming from Jeep India itself

Sold my Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 | Bought a Jeep Compass TrailHawk-pic-13.jpeg

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd May 2023 at 05:00. Reason: Minor formatting edits.
sameerpb is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 12:42   #20
BHPian

Can anybody shed light on whether these events are reserved for 4X4 compass?
Do 2-wheel drive diesels/petrol owners join or are these hardcore off road trail ?

I have lately seen a lot of posts (on here and elsewhere) about these events and hardly any petrol owners chime in / post / show any interest. I hope I'm wrong.
ghost-was-here is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 14:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-was-here View Post
Do 2-wheel drive diesels/petrol owners join or are these hardcore off road trail ?

I have lately seen a lot of posts (on here and elsewhere) about these events and hardly any petrol owners chime in / post / show any interest. I hope I'm wrong.
As far as I am aware, (my sis owns a Jeep Compass S Petrol) it is exclusive for 4x4 owners only. The only invite she received was a 5 day trip spanning the long straight highways of Rajasthan

Experienced drivers can navigate through most of the terrain in 4x2 cars as well, but if one gets stuck, it's a really time consuming and sweating job to get the car recovered. Also, if they include both the 4x2 and 4x4, they'll dilute the "true" offroad experience one gets and will eventually defeat the idea of splurging extra for a 4x4 compass. Its a business boosting exercise mate
na_agrawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 17:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-was-here View Post

I would say petrol 4x2 is equally competitive. All the drives cater to 4x4 and 4x2 also there is a wide community and we do regional trails and events. If you are interested please DM me and I will connect you to the community. Also, most of the trails are guided by Jeep India, so they are curated trails for Compass 4X2 too. The idea is to have fun and understand the capabilities of Jeep and not to break the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
As far as I am aware, (my sis owns a Jeep Compass S Petrol) it is exclusive for 4x4 owners only. The only invite she received was a 5 day trip spanning the long straight highways of Rajasthan

Experienced drivers can navigate through most of the terrain in 4x2 cars as well, but if one gets stuck, it's a really time-consuming and sweating job to get the car recovered. Also, if they include both the 4x2 and 4x4, they'll dilute the "true" offroad experience one gets and will eventually defeat the idea of splurging extra for a 4x4 compass. Its a business boosting exercise mate
That’s an experience driving a jeep in the desert. I don’t think Jeep is promoting as many Jeepers I know are happy with 4x2 and they are happy with Jeep. Having said that mine is 2nd Jeep already.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th January 2024 at 10:22. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 23:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I'll be on the lookout for trips like this. I've done Delhi-Bangalore & Delhi-Mumbai trips on my Petrol S and fell in love with this car again.

Quote:
Experienced drivers can ... they'll dilute the "true" offroad experience one gets and will eventually defeat the idea of splurging extra for a 4x4 compass. Its a business boosting exercise mate
I never thought about it this way. Thanks for this outlook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
I would say petrol 4x2 is equally competitive. All the drives are catering to 4x4 and 4x2 also there is india wide community and we do regional trails and events. If you are interested please DM me and I will connect you to the community. Also most of the trails are guided by jeep India, so they are curated trails for compass 4X2 too. Idea is to have fun and understand capabilities of Jeep and not to break car.
Since I'm an newbie I cannot DM you but I'll get my post count up soon and hit you up. Thanks a lot for your offer

Last edited by bblost : 23rd May 2023 at 23:44. Reason: back to back.
ghost-was-here is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 22:53   #24
BHPian

Hi Sameer. With the 235/65 R17 upgrade have you faced any issue of wheel fender scraping ? Esp the front part of the rear fender.

I have a 4x4 Ltd Manual and as per specs on Jeep international and Nepal website the difference is GC between the 4X4 Ltd manual and Trailhawk is 0.2 inch or 5mm (discounting the wind deflector under the front bumper of the Ltd variant for which they qoute a difference of 30mm in India).

I was wondering if the 235/65 size can be fitted onto the 4x4 Ltd. I presently run a GY Assurance SUV H/T 225/65 r17 tyre (as I was not too sure about the rear fender liner) without any problems.

Thanks in advance for any feedback regarding the same.
Old 28th December 2023, 09:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Cav View Post
Hi Sameer. With the 235/65 R17 upgrade have you faced any issue of wheel fender scraping? Esp the front part of the rear fender.
235/65 R17 fits well to Jeep Compass 4X4. You may feel that it would be cut to cut but perfectly fine. Having said that 235/65 gives a Speed Variance of -4.81% and diameter variance of 5.06%.

I am extremely happy with the performance of 235/65. In fact, I have done 29K on these tyres and plan to upgrade to new shoes in the same size.

Apologies for the late response.

Mod note: This is a very poorly typed post with many grammatical mistakes.
Please take time to check all these before you post anything again.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th January 2024 at 10:11.
sameerpb is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks