Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2023, 12:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 AWD AX7L | A review beyond the niggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduttaghy View Post
Hi Ankur,
Loved going through your review. It felt very realistic and practical, especially since you took it on a drive immediately on different terrains.
Now that you have completed almost 11 months with your beauty, any other feedback that you may wish to add. Please don't mind me asking, as I myself have booked an XUV700 albeit it is the AX7 petrol (expected delivery is around late September) and was curious to know how you feel about it after one year of owning it.
Thank you for asking me about my feedback, have shared part of it above, and sharing more soon. Have you taken delivery of your XUV? If yes please share pictures and details.
Cheers!
Old 6th October 2023, 15:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallyankur View Post
Thank you for asking me about my feedback, have shared part of it above, and sharing more soon. Have you taken delivery of your XUV? If yes please share pictures and details.
Cheers!
Hi Ankur. Still Awaiting delivery, have spoken to the sales team and pretty much told them that if you can't deliver within the next 15 days, am cancelling the booking and going for a Safari (Although, i simply couldn't connect well with the Safari, huge difference in drive quality)
Old 7th October 2023, 12:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ankur. Still Awaiting delivery, have spoken to the sales team and pretty much told them that if you can't deliver within the next 15 days, am cancelling the booking and going for a Safari (Although, i simply couldn't connect well with the Safari, huge difference in drive quality)
Please don't go for the Safari
Trust me, this car is something you don't know you have been waiting for all your life. I feel it is very underrated in comparison to what it delivers (and this is coming from someone who drives close to 60000 kms every year)
actuallyankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 15:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Please don't go for the Safari
Trust me, this car is something you don't know you have been waiting for all your life. I feel it is very underrated in comparison to what it delivers (and this is coming from someone who drives close to 60000 kms every year)
Thanks for the advise. Finally getting delivery of the car coming Monday. Maybe the threat worked its charm
pduttaghy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 13:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Cheers!
Finally took delivery of my beauty yesterday. Have driven for about 50 kms till now to try and get a hang of it. But a long way to go. Will go through the car in detail from Saturday.
Meanwhile sharing a few pics
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 AWD AX7L | A review beyond the niggles-whatsapp-image-20231017-1.34.29-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 AWD AX7L | A review beyond the niggles-whatsapp-image-20231017-1.34.28-pm.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 AWD AX7L | A review beyond the niggles-whatsapp-image-20231017-1.34.29-pm-1.jpeg  

pduttaghy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 15:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:

UPDATE: AFTER 1 YEAR AND 20000 KMS (APPROX)

The most hyped feature ADAS: useful or useless? A hero, a villian or just a character in the background?
The overtaking scenario that you have described in your post is reason enough for me to never trust this gimmicky feature. It's too rash and dangerous. I simply won't be able to trust it to be 'on' in my car after that. I'll be damned if I ever get an ADAS enabled car to be honest.
Old 10th November 2023, 20:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
A couple of times, it got very risky too, trying to over take, and suddenly ADAS braking kicks in cutting power, now you can't overtake, and there was just enough margin to get back in my lane. So all in all you have to plan your overtakes with the Auto emergency braking in mind.
There have been hundreds of occasions where AEB has kicked in, helping us avoid a last minute panic breaking situation.

Now, features like Adaptive cruise control (ACC) coupled with lane-keep assist (LKA) and lane departure warning, is very useful on expressways, specially for moments when you would like to take a quick bite, or have a sip of water, even though you might have one had on the steering wheel, there is some reduction in focus on the road, ever so slight that may be.
Firstly, full relate to the ADAS experience! ACC + LKA on expressway while sipping a drink or having a snack is perfect. Those who dismiss ADAS haven't experienced or given a fair chance to Mahindra's beautiful implementation of it!

Regarding AEB - I agree that it's the most used ADAS feature. Saved us a couple of hundred time I'd like to believe! With just a handful of misfires. This should be standard in cars in a few years - once drivers know it exists and driving a few hundred KMs on it - our roads will be much much safer.

On the point of AEB kicking in when not needed - I was troubled by it in the few months. But eventually got a hang of it. Like you said - it's also about predicting when it will kick in. But you can also regain control but tapping the brake or accelerator pedal a bit more than usual. This gives the ADAS the signal that driver is in control don't interfere. Now it's become kind of intuitive - I know when it will kick in and I know when I need to tell it - shut up I got this!
sidoxic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 10:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:

UPDATE: AFTER 1 YEAR AND 20000 KMS (APPROX)

Whoooosssshhh!
Where to start!
So, we had a pretty eventful year with the XUV700, saw lots of happy moments, lots fights, lots of highs and lows. The car has become such an integral part of our lives, that more than the pros & cons, repairs and reliability, we think of the moments
Hi Ankur, Many thanks for updating us all, especially on ADAS part. Very very useful and assuring post. Got my midnight black AX7L Diesel delivered around the same time when you posted this update. Have been reading anything and everything that is posted on team bhp on XUV700 for close to 11 months now, but somehow missed your post. I guess I was enjoying my own moments with my new love!

Having gone through this entire thread again this morning, I agree eith every single word that you have written about this machine and couldn't stop smiling like a child whose beliefs are assured by somebody else. One of my close friend got his white AX7L AWD yesterday and I got the pleasure of taking the vehicle out of showroom and on taking it to for a highway drive. Now since I got my vehicle delivered last month and even after driving for close to 4k km I haven't turned on the ADAS features. I keep on telling myself, family and friends that it is because I want to get comfortable with the vehicle first before using ADAS. Reality is that I'm enjoying driving it so much that never felt the need for ADAS. My friend while waiting for delivery of his car will always bore me to death about featured etc and how I use it, why I use some features and some don't, and I will always tell him that once you sit on the driver's seat of this car and start driving it you will enjoy it so much that no feature will attract you or you will not care about anything which is missing! This is indeed an absolute gem of a machine!!

Lastly, yesterday when we were taking the delivery of friends vehicle I asked SA to make sure that ADAS features are all turned off. But in the excitement of all things forgot to check while driving out the showroom. So we eneded up tasting few of the ADAS features (Lane keep assist). I think I'm going to turn them all on now on my vehicle!!

Thank you very much once again for this post.
Old 23rd November 2023, 14:27   #24
BHPian

Anyone has a Bangalore shop for adding accessories on the AX7L?

Also, petrol is better than diesel in terms of NVH right?
Old 25th November 2023, 22:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Finally took delivery of my beauty yesterday. Have driven for about 50 kms till now to try and get a hang of it. But a long way to go. Will go through the car in detail from Saturday.
Meanwhile sharing a few pics
Many Congrats brother! May the machine serve you well for years to come.
The pictures almost took me back to the time I took delivery of mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh Gupta View Post
The overtaking scenario that you have described in your post is reason enough for me to never trust this gimmicky feature. It's too rash and dangerous. I simply won't be able to trust it to be 'on' in my car after that. I'll be damned if I ever get an ADAS enabled car to be honest.
I think with time, and earlier than anticipated, you adapt your driving style in tandem with ADAS. Do try it out for a week, who knows, you might find it difficult to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidoxic View Post
But you can also regain control but tapping the brake or accelerator pedal a bit more than usual. This gives the ADAS the signal that driver is in control don't interfere. Now it's become kind of intuitive - I know when it will kick in and I know when I need to tell it - shut up I got this!
Surprisingly this never occurred to me, I'm going to try it out. Thanks for the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Having gone through this entire thread again this morning, I agree eith every single word that you have written about this machine and couldn't stop smiling like a child whose beliefs are assured by somebody else.
I know, right. Maybe all of us XUV owners should start a cult or something, given that so many XUVs we see on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Lastly, yesterday when we were taking the delivery of friends vehicle I asked SA to make sure that ADAS features are all turned off. But in the excitement of all things forgot to check while driving out the showroom. So we eneded up tasting few of the ADAS features (Lane keep assist). I think I'm going to turn them all on now on my vehicle!!

Thank you very much once again for this post.
I'm really happy for you! welcome to the ADAS club
And you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
Also, petrol is better than diesel in terms of NVH right?
Petrol XUV's NVH levels and vibration is way way less, despite the fact that diesel engine in itself is pretty quiet and smooth. You would be astonished to what an engineering marvel Mahindra has developed in the form of the petrol engine.
actuallyankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 17:01   #26

I booked my vehicle (Variant - AX7 L AWD ) on the inaugural day of its release and received it 11 months later in September 2022. It has been 15 months since, with 23,000 km on the odometer. To be specific with ADAS, it has proven very valuable in various situations in my experience.

Especially the Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) part of XUV 700's ADAS, which has undoubtedly been a lifesaver. During my recent experience on the Chennai, Oragadam - Vandalur road just the day before yesterday, I was driving at 90 km/h on what appeared to be a four-lane road, following an Altroz moving about the same speed with a considerable distance between us. Suddenly, the Altroz in front came to a complete stop to avoid a large pothole. My car, approximately 150 meters behind, promptly detected the Altroz's sudden stop and signaled with AEB beeps, accompanied by vibrating brakes, urging me to take action.

The response was swift, and even before I could react, the system had already alerted me with such a long margin of distance. I was able to steer left, decelerate, and continue without incident. While it's true that one might argue that without ADAS, the situation could have been managed too, but ADAS provided me with the confidence that it functions effectively and alerts me promptly.

To be honest, I don't frequently use the Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) because its sharp adjustments come into play only after allowing the vehicle to approach the lane marking edge and I am not sure why it was designed that way. I usually keep it disabled. However, during highway cruising, the Smart Pilot Assist proves beneficial too, smoothly handling slight turns and allowing me to relax. This feature is especially helpful when I want to snack or have a drink of water while driving.

I also own an Innova Crysta, and due to the absence of ADAS on it, I find myself feeling that a significant feature is lacking when compared to the XUV 700, especially during highway trips these days. Once you become accustomed to these advanced features, it becomes challenging to do without them. But, I also agree, that these electronic systems, while offering numerous benefits, can sometimes inject a sense of concern always with us about potential malfunctions. I am also sure ADAS will become a standard feature in the next 5 years or so.

Ultimately, I believe that this vehicle's ADAS not only enhances the driving experience but also encourages responsible driving behavior. The AEB feature serves as a reminder to maintain a safe distance from vehicles while overtaking. It is surely good and necessary to have.
vijayper is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 16:36   #27
BHPian

Thanks for the wish @actuallyankur. Its been four months now with my beauty and every morning when i sit in the driver's seat, brings a wide smile to my face. Its been just over 4 months and around 3.5k in the odo which includes 3 mid range drives ranging from 400 km to 600 km and the car behaved like a beast with brute force. Couldn't have asked for a better product at this price range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks