Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2024, 15:03   #31

Re: My Pre-owned BMW 530d (G30) | Ownership Review

@NerdyMillenial, the bug has bitten me too and i might be part of the club in a few weeks.

Have located a couple of cars but not sure of the price being asked. would you be willing to DM me the price you had paid so that i get some kind of a reference point.
ganapathy_anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2024, 13:23   #32
BHPian

Re: My Pre-owned BMW 530d (G30) | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinrevvz View Post
Thanks for the prompt response. I'm glad to hear you're having a great time with your car. Regarding the tyres, I had several instances of cracked rims and premature RFT tyre wear on my F10 as well. However, the G30's staggered setup is quite unique and with the recent import bans, what about the availability of these?

Dunlop seems to be the most popular amongst G30 530ds but if the grip levels aren't satisfactory, may I know how easy to find and how expensive a set of PS5s are?
The Dunlops on the rear of my car were from 2019 so while not completely aged, they were beyond half life and as such I cannot comment about the performance till that point.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say that the grip levels on the Dunlops were unsatisfactory since even the PS5 cause the traction control to kick in every now and then because of the kind of torque the car puts down but it happens at a noticeably higher rate of accelatation than it did with the Dunlops.

Sourcing the PS5 was rather interesting. A close contact of a friend of mine who is a dealer was able to find these in stock somewhere in Karnataka or Kerala and I jumped on the deal as soon as I found out and they shipped the same to Pune after some advance payment for confirmation. Lets just say these set me back as much as one of the higher models of the Samsung S24 Ultra .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganapathy_anand View Post
@NerdyMillenial, the bug has bitten me too and i might be part of the club in a few weeks.

Have located a couple of cars but not sure of the price being asked. would you be willing to DM me the price you had paid so that i get some kind of a reference point.
Unable to send you a DM because of your current membership level. Have sent you an email instead.
NerdyMillennial is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks