Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 19:12   #46

Re: Ownership Review | My BMW 330 Li M Sport | Dreams do come true | EDIT: 6 months & 5,600 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Thanks, corner_craver. Good to know the manual mentions this, although I haven't been able to locate the relevant section.
It’s been a while since I read and I tried searching with emergency, hard & hazard and was not able to see any. Luckily the good old printed manual’s content page said “Dynamic brake light” and there it was.
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | My BMW 330 Li M Sport | Dreams do come true | EDIT: 6 months & 5,600 km up-img_4493.jpeg  

corner_craver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 07:52   #47
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review | My BMW 330 Li M Sport | Dreams do come true | EDIT: 6 months & 5,600 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by corner_craver View Post
It’s been a while since I read and I tried searching with emergency, hard & hazard and was not able to see any. Luckily the good old printed manual’s content page said “Dynamic brake light” and there it was.
Ah nice! Thanks for taking the time to find out where it is in the manual (just realized there is "namaskara" emoji in VB!)
Old 24th June 2023, 13:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsivemedusa View Post
Thank God am not the lone soul in this whole wide world facing this. Yes! And it is largely because of the fact that the gap between brake pad and the accelerator is not as much as it should be. May be this was designed for the Chinese? However, as @Stryker said, extra-wide footwear also plays a part. I do not get this issue when driving with my (running, formal, casual) shoes on but with another casual footwear of mine. Matt Watson called this out in one of his reviews of the 330i in 2019. I am trying to get my hands on it now.
Extra wide footwear takes the irritation to another level. I need to then change how i place my foot to get over this. But extra wide footwear still does not create any issue whatsoever in any other car. Ive had to totally change my driving position whenever i drive this. And i do not have extra large feet.. my shoe size is UK 9 and for some specific sport shoes its 10.

Coming to the service only charged for the ad blue top up of 5 litres which amounted to around Rs.520/- with tax. For the damaged body due to hailstorm they've told me to wait for another hailstorm to happen and if i report it before 48 hours it will be covered under warranty! Lets see how that pans out, because damage is damage why this time frame of 48 hours is beyond my understanding.
Old 25th June 2023, 09:13   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
You can go to iDrive -> Car -> Settings -> Driving mode -> ECO PRO INDIVIDUAL. Turn off ECO PRO climate control.

With this, you can keep the rest of the eco pro behaviour, but have normal AC function.

Next time you want to switch to ECO PRO, hit the button twice. This will flip it to ECO PRO INDIVIDUAL. Individual will now be the default for the ECO PRO button.
Thanks again, ImmortalZ! This worked perfectly.

Now the AC is actually doing some work and not acting like a mild fan! Somehow I never thought of this solution at all.
Old 26th June 2023, 16:38   #50

Re: Ownership Review | My BMW 330 Li M Sport | Dreams do come true! - Edit: Six months, 5600 kms

Quote:
Six months & 5600 kms update

* That proximity warning is a total pain in the proverbial in city traffic. Car doesn't like anyone coming within three feet in any direction. A veritable Christmas tree lights up on the main display with yellow, green and red lights popping up on all sides. And the funny thing is that it won't go away until the offenders are at least five to six feet clear.
You can just tap the Parking Sensor Button near the gear shift and it goes away. I have the 330Li too and end up having to tap it in heavy traffic. Don't worry you are not turning it off permanently or anything. It just cancels that instance of it being active.
DumplingDon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 21:35   #51
BHPian

Oh wow thanks, DumplingDon! Yet another instance of the treasure house of knowledge this forum is! I’ll certainly try this out at the first opportunity. Er, couldn’t find this in the manual either, maybe my searching skills are not up to the mark :-(
Old 28th June 2023, 13:48   #52

Quote:
Oh wow thanks, DumplingDon! Yet another instance of the treasure house of knowledge this forum is! I’ll certainly try this out at the first opportunity. Er, couldn’t find this in the manual either, maybe my searching skills are not up to the mark :-(
Its the button in red below :

Ownership Review | My BMW 330 Li M Sport | Dreams do come true | EDIT: 6 months & 5,600 km up-delete.jpg
DumplingDon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 10:59   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumplingDon View Post
Its the button in red below
Works! Many thanks for removing the pain of yet another irritation. I somehow thought that button was for voice commands. Maybe BMW needs to change the icon on the button.
Stryker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 13:13   #54

Quote:
Works! Many thanks for removing the pain of yet another irritation. I somehow thought that button was for voice commands. Maybe BMW needs to change the icon on the button.
Its just one of those things which tells us that these cars were not originally designed for our types of market. In international markets no other cars/rickshaws/people/cycles/motorbikes are gonna get as close to your car in traffic than they will in India.
DumplingDon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 09:50   #55
BHPian

I recently did two long drives.

Bangalore - Hyderabad

The first was a Bangalore - Hyderabad run for an office event - a distance of ~1200 kms up and down. Nothing much to say about this route, except that it is awesome as usual. The straight stretches between Anantapur and Kurnool practically begs to floor the throttle. Sparse traffic, especially of the heavier variety, just increases this feeling. Total driving time was around 6 hours and 30 minutes.

Bangalore - Guruvayur

The second was a Bangalore - Guruvayur run for darshana of the Lord - a very similar distance of ~1100 kms up and down via Salem and Coimbatore as we wanted to avoid the mad rush and narrow roads on the Mysuru-Bandipur-Mudumalai route.

Ownership Review | My BMW 330 Li M Sport | Dreams do come true | EDIT: 6 months & 5,600 km up-blrgvyr.jpg

The NH44 / NH544 route is pretty awesome too. I must say that Shri Nitin Gadkari has simply transformed NHAI as an organization and we have come to take good highways as granted now. Please do not read any political message into this, it is simple statement of fact. Except for a small ~25 kms stretch on either side of Coimbatore where the road is double lane with no divider. Not sure why this small stretch is like this, especially when they are collecting two tolls along the road! Nothing wrong with the road itself, just that it is not the regular four lane highway. It is also having very high traffic density, so overtaking is not easy and you tend to get stuck behind heavy vehicles.

The best part of this route was the new Kuthiran Tunnel between Palakkad and Thrissur, which apparently has reduced travel time by over three hours! The tunnel itself takes about 30 seconds to go through! Excuse the image quality, these are frame grabs from a video my wife was shooting.

Ownership Review | My BMW 330 Li M Sport | Dreams do come true | EDIT: 6 months & 5,600 km up-kuthiran-tunnel-01.jpg

Ownership Review | My BMW 330 Li M Sport | Dreams do come true | EDIT: 6 months & 5,600 km up-kuthiran-tunnel-02.jpg

We had a great darshana of the Lord at Guruvayur and in Thrissur (where we stayed at The Garuda Hotel for two nights) at the Vadakkumnathan and Bhagavathy temples.

Total driving time was almost exactly 7 hours both ways. The traffic while getting out of Bangalore was seriously bad due to the long Independence Day weekend, with long time wasting queues at toll booths upto Krishnagiri and beyond. It took us nearly two and a half hours just to get to Krishnagiri! While returning, it was much better and driving was a breeze all along.

Car performance

Flawless! Having done multiple long drives by now, I have come to expect nothing less from this gem of car. Ferocious acceleration when you want it, superb cruiser when you feel like taking things easy. Back seat passengers have only songs to sing about the comfort and leg space. Driving really long distances is very easy and there is absolutely no strain on the legs or back.

I'm a little concerned about the road noise being a bit high after we cross over into triple digit speeds. Is it because of the run flat tyres? What would be the best tyre pressure to maintain for these babies? I've been keeping them at 32 PSI for all four, I would be grateful if you people can guide me better.

Incidentally, I have now driven more than 8,000 kms! Still have six months (or 4,000 kms) to go for the service.
Stryker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:34   #56

Hi , I am giving serious consideration to buying this car ( 330 LI )when I retire in a couple of months and return to India for good.
A few queries:
1) Are dealers open to negotiation and how far do they go ? I am aware it could vary dealer to dealer and city to city but some brands ( Toyota in my experience) do not negotiate at all.
2) Is ingress / egress easy , do you get the feeling of sitting too low at the rear ?
3) I am aware of a tunnel at the rear but can 3 adults sit reasonably comfortably at the rear ?

Thank you
MZee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 11:48   #57
BHPian

To answer your questions MZee:

1. The dealer was eager to dispose of his inventory in my case, due to the (then) upcoming 2023 refresh, so I managed to get some very good discounts. A friend bought a new X7 from Kun a few months ago and mentioned there wasn't much in the way of discounts. Not sure about how it is in other cities.

2. Senior citizens are not very comfortable getting in and out of this vehicle. In fact my mom prefers my daughter's Celerio and says that is far more easier to get in or out. She is 80+ so may not be the right data point. I or anyone else in my family have never felt any discomfort in ingress/egress.

3. We did a 300+ kms run with three adults at the back recently. The middle is certainly not comfortable for such long distance runs, I'd categorize it as barely manageable going by what the passengers had to say.
Old 11th March 2024, 11:36   #58
BHPian

Hello Stryker, fellow bhpians,

My friend has recently purchased M330Li of white colour in Hyderabad. He needs guidance on purchase of service packages and suggestions based on your experience will be valuable.

His annual running is estimated to be between 10K to 12K kms including annual road trip.

Attached are the service package options and prices which are going to increase from next month.
Looking forward to your feedback
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BSI 330 li.pdf (372.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 12th March 2024, 08:32   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
My friend has recently purchased M330Li of white colour in Hyderabad.
His annual running is estimated to be between 10K to 12K kms including annual road trip.
I’d go for the 5Y/60K km BSI Basic and the 4Y BRI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks