Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 14:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ownership Review: My Toyota HyRyder (Hybrid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Crisp, honest review @karan561.
Thanks CoolFire

Quote:
How would you rate it in comparison to Kushaq 1.0 AT?
Kasha's 1.0L is more engaging, powerful & sounds better too. The A/T (Torque Converter) is more responsive than the CVT of the HyRyder.

However in City I would drive the HyRyder over the Kushaq for its better driving position, features, Hybrid / EV Mode refinement, ride comfort, street cred & FE.
Old 20th April 2023, 11:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyryder AC Performance;

Yesterday was probably the hottest day in Mumbai for April over the last 10 years, with temperatures touching 40 deg. C & thanks to humidity the “actual feels” were almost touching 45 Deg C.

Ownership Review: My Toyota HyRyder (Hybrid)-7269e9f84dc546349cf8e96d9cff09ff.jpeg

In the meantime the A/C of the Hyryder was performing very well, leaving all the speculation of the thin sun shade affecting AC performance to rest;

Ownership Review: My Toyota HyRyder (Hybrid)-a80016dc4d9040e0afc327fddfdfb420.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 20th April 2023 at 22:36. Reason: yrz - years
karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 10:19   #18
BHPian

Crisp review!
I’m sitting on a fence between City Hybrid & HyRyder, which one would you recommend?
Old 10th August 2023, 11:06   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Crisp review!
Thanks !

Quote:
I’m sitting on a fence between City Hybrid & HyRyder, which one would you recommend?
My pick would be the HyRyder for sure as its a fresh car v/s Honda being well past its half way life cycle. Also I prefer the looks of the HyRyder. Finally Toyota as a brand is more stronger than Honda.

All the best
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 13:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Crisp review!
I would recommend the Hyryder for sure. Sedan's are on the way out and Honda doesn't seem to promote their Hybrid tech, else they would have given it on their Elevate SUV. I don't see much of a future for Honda.

The biggest advantage that I feel about the Honda is it's smooth 4 cyl engine and the continuous EV drive. This makes for a quieter and smoother drive as compared to Hyryder. This is one definite negative for me.

ADAS is another feature which is missing on the Hyryder and I wish, they had given this as an option. They should have at least provided the lane change camera with the indicator.

Another miss for me on the Hyryder is the EPB/Auto Hold. Should have been provided instead of the useless EV drive and mode buttons. The default ECO mode is the best way to drive this car.

I would have preferred an option without sunroof as it does warm up in summer and the thin curtain isn't ideal for Indian weather.

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 10th August 2023 at 13:20. Reason: Addition
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 11:19   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Fit /finish & refinement of car does not do justice to the minimum price of 2 million for strong hybrid.

Ride seems ok almost at par with Elevate. Interiors are average. Switchboard for buttons is a big let down. Check any TD vehicle to see wear & tear. Surprising given that these are all BS 66.2 models.

Roof liner is too thin- inadequate for heat blocking. Rear seat width less than others in segment except Astor.

Refinement of the 3 pot engine is at best OK.

Again 2 million is a kings ransom!

Ride & mileage though is excellent.
Old 10th November 2023, 19:48   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Friends please suggest between Honda City eHEV & Toyota Hyryder OTR 22.30

Use case: Strong hybrid. Monthly driving 4000 km including 50% on well surfaced highways. Features not too important. Safety ride, handling & refinement are crucial. Thus I don’t need ventilated seats /sunroof & gizmos like extra speakers

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th November 2023 at 15:18. Reason: Corrected to Hyryder.
Old 10th November 2023, 20:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAFIRST View Post
Friends please suggest between Honda City eHEV & Toyota Hycross OTR 22.30

Use case: Strong hybrid. Monthly driving 4000 km including 50% on well surfaced highways. Features not too important. Safety ride, handling & refinement are crucial. Thus I don’t need ventilated seats /sunroof & gizmos like extra speakers
The 2 vehicles you are considering are poles apart. You can't go wrong with either. With Honda city you will get most of the features not present on the Petrol Hycross while the Hycross will take you to almost all non existent roads without any hiccups. The City might scrape here and there while the mileage won't be a concern.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 19:10   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks !

My pick would be the HyRyder for sure as its a fresh car v/s Honda being well past its half way life cycle. Also I prefer the looks of the HyRyder. Finally Toyota as a brand is more stronger than Honda.

All the best
More than two years of ownership, how do you feel about the car? Does it rattle or creek? Is it an ok car for back seat chauffeuring? Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 10:54   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
More than two years of ownership, how do you feel about the car? Does it rattle or creek? Is it an ok car for back seat chauffeuring? Thanks
I bought the HyRyder to be chauffeured in because it has a CVT so good for traffic in Mumbai & a hybrid system which is seamless and refined. Finally as it's boring to drive so good to give to the driver because if the driver starts enjoying the drive then the back seat passengers won't, hence was an ideal pick. No rattles yet
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks