Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2007, 13:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
swift sedan? am i missing something??
Geek there are some spy pics of the sedan on forum too. Swift Sedan will replace Esteem.

Nice review buddy. Frankly i would never test drive it coz its the same car with Diesel engine whose refinements will be same as FIESTA and is costing a BOMB....
Old 22nd July 2007, 13:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Neat review.

If it costs 7.6 lac thers then it would cost 8lac up here in S.India ! Ford? hello?
Old 22nd July 2007, 13:42   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Neat review.

Ford? hello?
Hello, I'm sorry we cannot take your call right now. Rest assured we are not listening to you on the fusion's high price tag. We have incorporated several high end features in the car like a smaller rear bumper enabling us to pocket the excise benefits.

Thanking you for your support. We hope you are silly enough to buy the Fusion diesel.

We will continue to make mistakes on pricing our cars in the future thereby depriving you of our wonderful products.

LOL!!! seriously they have a perfect package and they messed up the pricing sorry for the above timepass. No offence to any fusion owners.
Old 22nd July 2007, 14:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
seriously they have a perfect package and they messed up the pricing
Exactly my thought!

I seriously hope they have the sense to reduce the price of Fusion, both Petrol and Diesel by an equal amount, say about 70K
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ford needs to learn something from Maruti. They took the trouble to shorten the car to make it fit the small car norm, fitted the 1.4 TDCI engine ( took them over 18 months to do make these small changes) and when the car buying public thought that Ford may turn the Fusion into a success the second time round trust Ford to shoot themselves in the foot.

Pray tell me why will some one pay 90 K extra for the Fusin Diesel over the petrol version. It will take tham more than 3- 4 yers to recover the additional investment.

This way probably they will sell an additiona 200 odd Fusions a month( much like the old over priced Fiat Palio Diesel). had they priced it 60- 70 K lower they would easily have given the Indigo and the Logan a run for their money.

Baby steps is what Ford is taking whereas it is the time to take purposeful strides to establish itself as a serous player in the Indian Market. GM is surely win this battle with their Detroit rival as they finally seem to have got their India strategy better ( not perfect mind you) with a slew of new launches which te market seems to be taking note of.
Old 23rd July 2007, 08:01   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspeed View Post

Ex showroom price of Fusion 1.6 = 5.76 L

At 24% excise duty, the cost pattern would be 4.65 L manufactured cost and 1.11 L excise duty.

With the modifications, being qualified for the concessional duty, the pattern would be (assuming same petrol engine) 4.65 L + 0.74 L duty = Rs Rs.5.39 L.

Since the modern diesels command a premium of 1 L over corresponding petrols 5.39 + 1 L = 6.39 L, which is approx the same as the pricing of Fusion Tdci. The excise benefit of around 37 K seems to have been passed on to the buyer.

Hence the case actually seems to one of correct pricing of the diesel variant but over the incorrectly overpriced petrol.
With that reasoning shouldn't we also get a 1.6 petrol engine add-on..
Old 23rd July 2007, 10:46   #22

Dishonest Ford

The price of 1.4Diesel FiestaSXI is Rs.84,000 plus on 1.6Petrol FiestaSXI, but the price of 1.4Diesel Fusion is Rs.89,000 plus on 1.6Petrol Fusion,ex-show room New Delhi, and where excise benefit available to vehicles below 4000mm length has gone (of Rs.45000 approx.).
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:12   #23
BHPian

I love Ford Funsion - the looks. the excellent GC and the goodies that come with it. However I cannot digest the price and the front seats. I was under the assumption that Ford Fusion Diesel which is meant to do lot more mileage will have comfy front seats. I think they have compromised and still have those tiny uncomfortable ones.
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great review...

Definately an overpriced vehicle...
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

With the small car excise sop, Ford should price the petrol and diesel almost equally like what Skoda had done with the octavia at launch.
This would have worked wonders.
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:22   #26
BHPian

Spoke to a sales man from one of the Ford show rooms; he said that the car is doomed before the launch, reason being the pricing strategy. He is not too pleased about it and believes that Ford has over priced it.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:08   #27
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolspeed View Post
Since the modern diesels command a premium of 1 L over corresponding petrols 5.39 + 1 L = 6.39 L,
But is this a fair assumption?
Swift VDI is priced at 60,000 over the VXI model. Now, if the DDiS does not command the 1L premium, is the TDCi worth a lakh more?
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

@abhibh: Any news of the esteem DDiS? That should be a good buy.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

There will be no Esteem DDiS (I hope). They might be planning to bring in Swift DDis instead. They will plonk in between Swift DDis and SX4 models or in between SX4 vxi and zxi. Otherwise, it will be vry difficult to MUL to sell this car as it will be competing with others in the same segment. This is my assumption.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:47   #30
BHPian

Why the heck pay 2 lakhs more for a hatchback (cross-over) when you have some good options available.

7.75 on-road mumbai, no abs / airbags - no options. No alloys , no cd player. The list goes on.

So Ford wants us to pay 25K for alloys + 30 for ICE + seat covers + both side coating....how much an individual should pay to get it into shape more 60k??

No way...Keep away.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks