Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2023, 17:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq owner drives the 2023 Mercedes GLC 300

Skoda Kodiaq owner drives the 2023 Mercedes GLC 300-20230903_124947.jpg

Even 2023 GLC 300 doesn't come with E20 compatibility. They are still good with E5 & E10.
With minimum RON 95 & recommended RON 98.

Can't say what will be the behavior of these engines with upcoming E20 / E25 fuels.
SilverSmoke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 17:47   #17
BHPian

The Tiguan/ Kodiaq siblings are hard to overlook when you are in the market for a Luxury crossover/SUV.

I have extensively test driven the likes of XC40, XC60, X5 and in sedans, the A4, S90, A6, 330Li, XF and such when I was in the market, while all these offer the best possible performance and luxury in their respective brackets, it was evident that they all have out priced themselves. Thats when we decided to wholeheartedly go for the Kodiaq as it trumped even the higher segment vehicles when it came to the overall package and value for money component ( DCC, potent engine and gearbox, driving dynamics, practicality, space and comfort). The Kodiaq in every sense is a true blue luxury barge and the best Skoda has to offer yet. We could argue how its price has gone up in the recent years but its also hard to digest the fact that a GLC now costs more than 85 Lacs and we cant always play the badge value card.

If some one already has a Luxury/ Performance Sedan in his or her garage, a Kodiaq or a Tucson as a tourer/ second vehicle makes the most sense. In my case, it perfectly compliments the V40 CC and has easily become our go to long haul express especially when we need to travel with 2 micro families ( 4 adults and 2 kids) while we only take the V40 out for shorter runs and immediate family needs.

I really hope the new gen retains this edge over so it remains a value luxury vehicle.
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Kodiaq 2.0 TSI VS GLC 300:

Better than Kodiaq:

1. Peppy engine with electric motor support - acceleration & handling is better. 255 BHP 400 NM.

From now on, my respect for Skoda has increased for delivering an amazing machine at such a price.
I guess a simpler remap could take care of this for the itchy kind, isnt it ? I havent personally taken the plunge yet with the remap and for now quenching my thirst with the sports mode when the occasion calls for it.

The rest of the pointers seem relative to the price bracket.

Cant agree enough that its one hell of a package at the price.
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
I guess a simpler remap could take care of this for the itchy kind, isnt it ?

Yes. It will.

Personally speaking, I would wait for extended warranty period [6 Years] to get over before making any mods - soft or hard.
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroabir View Post
Interestingly the US version of GLC-300 has keyless entry. I am also satisfied with the headlights performance.

In addition to temperature/fan control at the rear, what is also missing is the ability to control the fan for the driver/passenger side individually (this can be done for the temperature alone).
It's not that Mercedes doesn't have the technology, or that these features don't exist in their lower models. They just refuse to equip their Indian models with them for some reason even on the top variants, nor are they available as options for the person who really wants them.

I'm guessing your GLC came with the MultiBeam LED set up with the Ultrarange highbeams that have a whole bunch of features including active bending, selective dimming to protect oncoming driver's eyes and a lot more.
Meanwhile, the Indian version gets the base spec LED reflector headlights on all variants while they are only present in the poverty spec versions abroad. It's a very odd mixture of options.

Meanwhile, the C class sedan gets the better headlights in the 300d variant. None of it really makes any sense.
Cresterk is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks