Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2023, 20:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership

Congrats on this unique vehicle purchase. I remember Force usually tunes far better than Mahindra when it comes to ride quality almost on par with Tata.

What I was told synthetic oil should be used after a proper run in with mineral oil for few ten thousands of kilometres. I could be wrong. But this is coming from one technician I met earlier.
sgmuser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 22:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Anupam!

I'm not gonna congratulate you for buying a Force Citiline.

I want to congratulate your son - For being an Entrepreneur!

God bless his soul! Our country needs more kids like him!

May the Force be with him! (Pun intended)

Cheers,
Powertrain
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your wishes and yes thanks to your wishes the force shall be with him,

He is too charged when it comes to his business and I am sure that Citiline post badging shall add stars to Wild Drink,

Got the alloy and tyre upgrade done and ride quality has improved a lot,

Shall be posting picture's by tomorrow,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Please share the back side interior pics. How do rear seats fold? How much total boot space you get?
Shall surely get the photoshoot done and would share,

The space is quite huge,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
A little our of the topic, hope the mods don't mind

Hi mate, hope you and your family is doing good..

I tried DMing you, but said your storage was full! Please take a look into it.

I was quite blown away when you said that your 10th grade kid has his own business! Am I hearing it right? I actually had to pinch myself .

My son is also studying in 10th grade here in Chennai and he too wants to become an entrepreneur one days, and your words mildly moved him to enquire more about your son's business.

What does he do? Did you assist him in anything? Why have your bought the Citiline (as in case what needs and how he will use it and yes, that's my question, no my son's!) and how is it legal for a 10th grade kid to indulge in business?

Hoping to find some answers to my queries! Thanks for taking the time to help my son!

Cheers,
mgastor2022grey
Dear mgastor2022grey,

Yes would surely look in to the storage and would reduce,

Yes my son is in class 10th - a important year for him as well,

Actually it started during 2020 when kids were busy in playing games since online school was mostly done - son was busy growing plants and doing fusion of plants which ultimately resulted in forming a new taste in Cold drink.

Last edited by GTO : 15th December 2023 at 14:05. Reason: Merging back to back posts
anupam00 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 14:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Update after driving around 3500 kms

Car has travelled well for 3500 kms have been basically a long drive runner during the same,
Congratulations Brother @anupam00 on buying a people carrier / extended family carrier, might have a small garage in the boot also and then have some space left too.
Anyhow such a unique vehicle, can you also share an image or gif with Gurkha indicators in action.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th December 2023 at 11:26. Reason: Long post quote trimmed.
ank_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 19:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

I'm curious why you haven't considered something like the Isuzu dmax twin cab with a load bed that could be customized for the required load carrying while giving a more youthful presence on road with the branding you plan to do...

Cheers!
Srini
smsrini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 09:59   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Sharing the story of my recent buying of a truck or should I say, a bus. Yes, probably the first Citiline on Team-BHP - ownership review.
Great choice ���� checks all the boxes for you !

Can you please tell us about that ABS loose connection issue? How it was identified what were the symptoms and what was actually loose?

Thanks !

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th December 2023 at 10:10. Reason: For ease of reading, please avoid quoting a full long post. Thank you!
curious24by7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 13:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 510 View Post
I would like to suggest the following (if okay) -
1. Front end from the Gurkha would make the Citiline's front end lot more appealing.
2. Offroad steel rims (all five) with slightly chunkier all terrain rubber.
3. Badge delete.
Yes sir I understand would get the front badge deleted and add another badge of branding similarly for left side,
upgraded the tyre and alloys sharing pictures today.

Added Carrier with Rails now, got it done today and yes its looks really nice,

Thank your for your suggestions sir, shall surely keep the forum updated,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
That's a rare one! Actually happy to know that you have options for 8 to 10 people requirement. That's a cool review too. The list of to-do's on your car are quite lengthy. Please keep us posted and share pics once you get the mods done. Also one question - that MID screen looks quite big on the dash. Isn't it obstructing your view? It looked like a distraction to me. I know the stance from the driver's seat could be a little different, just asking.
The MID is not blocking the view although yes it could have been better that if we could have got in space provided,actually the space given was 7inch and mostly the audio that comes in aftermarket is 8 or 9 inch and I then decided to place another audio a pioneer one which is for audio and the mid for all other things including 360 degree camera,

Overall the view sitting in driver's seat is quite good and commanding,

Shall share pictures of same as well,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Congrats on this unique vehicle purchase. I remember Force usually tunes far better than Mahindra when it comes to ride quality almost on par with Tata.

What I was told synthetic oil should be used after a proper run in with mineral oil for few ten thousands of kilometres. I could be wrong. But this is coming from one technician I met earlier.
I understand your point sir, the new car given to me was some 1490 kms done already and after driving the car I felt that its better to change the oil as one which I have used is really good and used in my other cars as well and happy with performance moreover synthetic oil is super set of mineral or semi-synthetic oil so no worries also since its done some 1490 kms earlier better to change and in case there is any impurity that also goes off with old oil and after change the drive has really improved and so is the average,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
Congratulations Brother @anupam00 on buying a people carrier / extended family carrier, might have a small garage in the boot also and then have some space left too.
Anyhow such a unique vehicle, can you also share an image or gif with Gurkha indicators in action.
Thank you brother, yes now the space is huge to carry a garage also
shall surely share pictures of indicator,

In fact just got the news that snorkel has come as well was not hoping to get the part so early its been only a month I think but happy for same shall get that installed as well,

Shall share pictures today of work done so far and upgraded looks,
anupam00 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 13:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Congratulations!

I'm curious why you haven't considered something like the Isuzu dmax twin cab with a load bed that could be customized for the required load carrying while giving a more youthful presence on road with the branding you plan to do...

Cheers!
Srini

Dear Srini Sir,

I did consider Isuzu Dmax as well and twin cab,the only solution was MU7 which also was lesser seater since I foresee that sometimes we might need more seating options,

Also engine wise both engines whether its force or Isuzu are similar and to take care of Force was easier since more widely used,

Since Force citiline was bigger the presence better since very less numbers currently so one more reason why people shall look at so therefore Force Citiline was a winner of preference,

Shall share pictures of branding once complete,

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious24by7 View Post
Great choice ���� checks all the boxes for you !

Can you please tell us about that ABS loose connection issue? How it was identified what were the symptoms and what was actually loose?

Thanks !
Sir thanks for same,

The wire of abs sensor is loose still didn't get time to rectify light comes sometime,

Have got it identified shall get it done in this week for sure,

Rest car is doing good,

Share be sharing latest update in a day or so,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 17th December 2023, 20:58   #23
BHPian

Dear All,

Sharing the Latest updates of work done so far,

Things/Modifications done so far

1. Audio installation choices in consideration were Pioneer or Blaupunkt music system. Installed two systems - a single DIN system for audio and the second as a screen system for the 360 degree camera and GPS
2. Speakers: Rockford Fosgate. Went ahead with Pioneer
3. Component speakers - Rockford Fosgate
4. Custom wooden box for rear speaker installation - did not get installed
5. 4 channel amplifiers - maybe two of them - went ahead with a Pioneer amp
6. Bucket seat covers - got the same done. At a few places where I feel some more foaming shall be required, I shall get redone
7. GPS and central locking - Central locking of RD company installed
8. 360 degree camera - installed the same
9. Rear parking camera - installed the same
10. Projector headlights - after installing projector fog lamps, I am now not planning to install projector headlights
11. Projector fog lamps - installed the same and yes, they work well
12. Indicator Fit - like Gurkha - installed the same and yes, it works well
13. Roots horn with Hella horn - installed the same and yes, they work well
14. Rear windshield mirror - not required now since I have a 360 degree camera in place
15. Changing of gear oil to fully synthetic and adding additive
16. Roof Carrier besides Roof Rails done
17. Alloy and tyre upgrade done and ride quality is way too better than before
18. Central Locking
19. Interior Lighting
20 Rear Ladder
Front Indicator and looks
Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-whatsapp-image-20231217-12.15.40.jpeg

Force Citiline now with Alloys
Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-whatsapp-image-20231217-12.15.38.jpeg

Much wider Tyre that makes the looks Stand out more Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-whatsapp-image-20231217-12.15.37.jpeg

List of Things in pipe line
1. Pods
2. 7D mats
3. GPS
4. TPMS
5. Battery cut off switch
6. Wild Drink badging
7.Snorkel - got the same one fitment is missing that need to get build and this shall be done in this week itself
8.Remapping shall be done by World of Service - Planned for this week
9.Fridge in the rear
10. Body cover - to get it built / buy
11. Engine bay light

Shall be sharing the pictures of rear ladder and also the interiors,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00

Last edited by anupam00 : 17th December 2023 at 20:59. Reason: Updated
anupam00 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 20:41   #24
BHPian

Congrats to you and your son @anupam00. Your purchase of Citiline is an example for "Form follows function" Wishing you the best of luck for the upcoming years of ownership.
Shan_Kmu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 12:33   #25
BHPian

Kind sir, if you could kindly add a mention of price as well, it'll inspire a ton of activity. A link to purchase, if online, would also rock.

I've been on the fence regarding selling my Thar and getting a Gurkha if only they'd fix the engine. This is very inspiring!

Also, three things I'd suggest - a dual battery + solar panel option. A rooftop tent (kind of redundant given the size of the car) and then not to forget, a winch / recovery boards.

Last edited by wooka : 19th December 2023 at 12:35.
wooka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 14:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan_Kmu View Post
Congrats to you and your son @anupam00. Your purchase of Citiline is an example for "Form follows function" Wishing you the best of luck for the upcoming years of ownership.
Dear Shan-kmu,

Thank you for your wishes sir,

Shall surely keep the forum updated about my experience,

Next in line for modification is adding Snorkel(have received the same) one small part is missing that I need to arrange,

Also have checked ECM can be remapped so shall get it done,

Would update about the power increase & Efficiency,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Kind sir, if you could kindly add a mention of price as well, it'll inspire a ton of activity. A link to purchase, if online, would also rock.

I've been on the fence regarding selling my Thar and getting a Gurkha if only they'd fix the engine. This is very inspiring!

Also, three things I'd suggest - a dual battery + solar panel option. A rooftop tent (kind of redundant given the size of the car) and then not to forget, a winch / recovery boards.
Thank you @Wooka sir,

I shall update the forum with the line wise price of each product and also now after your words shall get winch added on car,

The engine is good just adding Bigger Intercooler and remapping would surely add more power and better efficiency that is next in line,

First it shall be snorkel and ecm remapping followed by bigger intercooler to the car/bus,

Roof top tent is fixed by a friend in his Gurkha shall surely update you on the cost of same,

Shall keep you all updated and thanks for your wishes,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
anupam00 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 18:07   #27
BHPian

Congratulations!
One of the few "large cars" that is actually "practically useful".
Most of the big cars these days do not have a proper useful third row, with reduced window sizes, etc, to make it " look better" on the outside, sacrificing comfort and usefulness.

I also admire the way you are proceeding with your modifications.Not sure if you would want to consider adding some roof marker lights, blacked out B and C pillars, etc
Attached Thumbnails
Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-save_20231222_180553.jpg  

AjayJoshuaN is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 22:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayJoshuaN View Post
Congratulations!
One of the few "large cars" that is actually "practically useful".
Most of the big cars these days do not have a proper useful third row, with reduced window sizes, etc, to make it " look better" on the outside, sacrificing comfort and usefulness.

I also admire the way you are proceeding with your modifications.Not sure if you would want to consider adding some roof marker lights, blacked out B and C pillars, etc
Dear Ajay Sir,

Shall surely be backing the b and c pillar,

Once in this week badging is clear,

Coming to the List done so far,

Things/Modifications done so far

1. Audio installation choices in consideration were Pioneer or Blaupunkt music system. Installed two systems - a single DIN system for audio and the second as a screen system for the 360 degree camera and GPS
2. Speakers: Rockford Fosgate. Went ahead with Pioneer
3. Component speakers - Rockford Fosgate
4. Custom wooden box for rear speaker installation - did not get installed
5. 4 channel amplifiers - maybe two of them - went ahead with a Pioneer amp
6. Bucket seat covers - got the same done. At a few places where I feel some more foaming shall be required, I shall get redone
7. GPS and central locking - Central locking of RD company installed
8. 360 degree camera - installed the same
9. Rear parking camera - installed the same
10. Projector headlights - after installing projector fog lamps, I am now not planning to install projector headlights
11. Projector fog lamps - installed the same and yes, they work well
12. Indicator Fit - like Gurkha - installed the same and yes, it works well
13. Roots horn with Hella horn - installed the same and yes, they work well
14. Rear windshield mirror - not required now since I have a 360 degree camera in place
15. Changing of gear oil to fully synthetic and adding additive
16. Roof Carrier besides Roof Rails done
17. Alloy and tyre upgrade done and ride quality is way too better than before
18. Central Locking
19. Interior Lighting
20 Rear Ladder

Coming to this weeks work

21. Added Snorkel and it looks and works well just that in case of Citiline we added the snorkel to take air from outside at the same time the existing setup in which below the air filter assembly - the car used to take air - we have not removed the same, that helps that snorkel doesn't create noise and the flip side is water wading capacity has not increased, i do have an option to close the below air input and that I shall do once required for a short time since car would be mostly driven in road and little off road,(advise to Gurkha owners to do same as that shall help increase intake air and resulting better pickup),also on a side note the synthetic oil has really smoothen the engine and gear box

Picture of Snorkel Side View
Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-whatsapp-image-20231224-14.37.08.jpeg

Picture of Car Front View with Carrier and roof Rail Both able to get both now something that Force Service Centre couldn't do and were not inclined to do, thanks to World of Service
Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-whatsapp-image-20231224-14.37.07.jpeg

Picture of Car rear View with Ladder
Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-whatsapp-image-20231224-14.37.09.jpeg

A Side View
Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-whatsapp-image-20231224-14.37.06.jpeg

Car is in phase of getting remapping done, code is getting written since version is BS6.2
Cars to a Truck | The story of my Force Citiline Ownership-whatsapp-image-20231221-19.36.36.jpeg

Now coming to the next pending work
1. Pods
2. 7D mats
3. GPS
4. TPMS - Ordered
5. Battery cut off switch
6. Wild Drink badging
7.Snorkel - got the same one fitment is missing that need to get build and this shall be done in this week itself - Completed
8.Remapping shall be done by World of Service - Planned for this week- Ongoing
9.Fridge in the rear looks like shall be custom build
10. Body cover - to get it built / buy
11. Engine bay light
12. Ordered Bigger intercooler

Now the badging option is under-evaluation plan to get it completed by next week

Shall keep you all updated,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
anupam00 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 02:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

A very unique choice!

May I ask why you feel the need to upgrade the intercooler specifically? A larger intercooler is something you normally get after you have already upgraded the turbo. You will also need to get another remap after the upgrades to teach the ECU to use the new hardware properly.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 16:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

The Alloy makes the truck stand out.

Consider blackening out the A_B_C_D pillars and grill and the 4 wheel fender inserts too, I see one rendering too, looks cool.

And congrats on the Remap, so what are the parameters that are going to change? Power, Torque, Fuel Efficiency? Please do share.

Consider a EGR blank/Delete while doing a ReMap, it helps a lot.
svsantosh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks