Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2023, 21:50   #16

Re: The 6 | My Pre-Worshipped 2021 BMW GT 630d LCI M-Sport

Quote:
Yes, the car is HR registered, and will need to do the following:
  • Transfer ownership to my name (giving HR address)
  • Transfer address in the RC (giving KA address)
  • Pay the pro-rated road tax for KA (considering age of vehicle & ex-showroom price)
  • Show this proof to the HR RTO to get the road tax reimbursed (again will be pro-rated)
Are you sure about this?

AFAIK, For a person to successfully claim road tax refund, he or she should be the original owner of the car. Another important point to note is that during the transfer of vehicle from one state to another, the name of the owner should always be the same otherwise the road tax refund claim will be considered void.

Just thought of mentioning as it can save you some hassles.. (Though, it means you need to shell out more than planned!)
abhinav007_007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 22:16   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your 630d
BMWs have one of the best 6 cylinder engines among the German marques, both in terms of performance and reliability. Also, you mentioned about the short low beam; it can be adjusted from a mechanic using a ratchet or similar sort. There is a small casette like part near the headlight assembly. Both sides should be adjusted to equal nos. It is just a 5 minute chore.
Drive safe! especially with those low profile tyres.
Vasanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 19:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
What a fine purchase Vignesh. Your are lucky to get such a well maintained Beauty and as an icing on the cake, its good to know it was sold by a fellow BHPian so it adds to the confidence. I am sure the 630D will serve you for a long time!
Thank you vjbox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Congratulations on purchasing such a beautiful car. It is good that you got a plush car with with this lovely engine, while a near-new car is still available in the secondary market.
Thank you 84.monsoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Congratulations on a beautiful car Viggy! This one is perfect for you - I remember your thread while you were deciding on the Laura upgrade and the 630d ticks all your boxes. Will this one get tuned as well or stay stock?
Looking forward to seeing it in flesh sometime soon. Happy motoring!
Thanks a lot Niranjan She will remain stock for now, at least until the warranty period is over. Might get a Stage 1 remap post that, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav007_007 View Post
Are you sure about this?

AFAIK, For a person to successfully claim road tax refund, he or she should be the original owner of the car. Another important point to note is that during the transfer of vehicle from one state to another, the name of the owner should always be the same otherwise the road tax refund claim will be considered void.

Just thought of mentioning as it can save you some hassles.. (Though, it means you need to shell out more than planned!)
Thanks for bringing this up. This is how I had understood it to be, please verify if my understanding is correct

Steps
  1. Change the ownership in the RC to my name (providing a temp HR address)
  2. Post that, change the address in the RC from HR -> KA (providing KA address proof)
  3. Pay the KA lifetime road tax, get the re-registration process complete for KA
  4. Provide this as proof to HR RTO for the lifetime road tax refund.

Are you saying that, unless the original owner of the car transfers the car to a different state, the lifetime road tax will not be refunded in the state where it was transferred from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasanth View Post
Congratulations on your 630d
BMWs have one of the best 6 cylinder engines among the German marques, both in terms of performance and reliability. Also, you mentioned about the short low beam; it can be adjusted from a mechanic using a ratchet or similar sort. There is a small casette like part near the headlight assembly. Both sides should be adjusted to equal nos. It is just a 5 minute chore.
Drive safe! especially with those low profile tyres.
Thanks a lot Vasanth! I'll get the headlights aligned per your suggestion.
Old 25th November 2023, 19:51   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post

Are you saying that, unless the original owner of the car transfers the car to a different state, the lifetime road tax will not be refunded in the state where it was transferred from?
Yes, this is what I know. (Not an expert, so please validate if it has changed now)

Moreover, this is applicable only for first owner. (First owner = RC serial shud be 1. For ex: If the car is on lease, then transferring from company to owner name changes the RC serial to 2. And then this won't be applicable)

Now assuming this car is with its first owner in HR, here is how it can still happen (subject to all parties agreeing on this long drawn process!)

Steps
  1. First owner transfer the registration to KA (giving KA address) and pay the KA lifetime road tax, get the re-registration process complete for KA.
  2. Provide this as proof to HR RTO for the lifetime road tax refund (to first owner)
  3. Technically, the car will be sold now within KA. Change the ownership in the RC to new owner name (providing KA address)
abhinav007_007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 19:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Introduction
I got was to look at the 6GT, with the notion that it offered a mix of practicality & performance, especially when compared to the 5 series.
Huge congrats on getting this absolute looker. I always dream of having an I6 diesel coupe car as a daily. This is the perfect car in that category. I consider this one of the most VFM executive cars under 1Cr because of its design, frameless doors, 6cyl diesel, air suspension & wheelbase of a full-size sedan (7 series). Wishing you many happy kilometers with this!
Old 25th November 2023, 23:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a lot Vasanth! I'll get the headlights aligned per your suggestion.
Please don't. It will mess up your alignment for the adaptive led function, including no glare high beams in auto mode. These headlights can only be aligned in conjunction with a proper headlight calibration system, which involves a lot more than just vertical Alignment. Your Alignment should be perfect from the factory, only reason it may be too low is because of any repairs / reinstallation related to the headlights. Please compare with a similar car to figure out if the low beam range is as expected or if it's actually lower in your car.
d3mon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 08:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav007_007 View Post
Yes, this is what I know. (Not an expert, so please validate if it has changed now)

Now assuming this car is with its first owner in HR, here is how it can still happen (subject to all parties agreeing on this long drawn process!)
Thanks a lot Abhinav for this. If this is the procedure, then the refund for life time road tax wouldn’t be applicable. However, I’ll check and post updates here later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzaper View Post
Huge congrats on getting this absolute looker. Wishing you many happy kilometers with this!
Thank you Buzzaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Please don't. Please compare with a similar car to figure out if the low beam range is as expected or if it's actually lower in your car.
Thank you for the warning d3mon. I’ll check with the bmw service center regarding this.
vignesh.cv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 11:27   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the 6-er! A more than worthy upgrade from the Laura.

Wish you many memorable miles with it.

Just curious: have you retained your Laura as a second car, or have you sold it off?
Old 27th November 2023, 09:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Congrats on the 6-er!

Wish you many memorable miles with it.

Just curious: have you retained your Laura as a second car, or have you sold it off?
Thank you TheGearBox! Once I get the paperwork finished for the 6 GT, I'm planning to sell the Laura.
Old 27th November 2023, 10:43   #25
BHPian

Hearty congratulations!.. A true upgrade to your Laura.
Old 28th November 2023, 13:21   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Hearty congratulations!.. A true upgrade to your Laura.
Thank you Drive_Addict! Yes indeed, she's turning out to be a superb upgrade to the Laura.
Old 30th November 2023, 20:35   #27
BHPian

Congratulations on purchasing the beast sir. Looks stunning. Wish you many more happy and safe miles.
Old 1st December 2023, 12:35   #28
BHPian

So glad that my 6GT went to a fellow BHPian! I had almost made up my mind not to sell it since it is such an accomplished machine and would have been difficult to replace, let alone upgrade. It is such a complete package and doesn't disappoint regardless of whether you are behind the wheel or sitting in the back.

Wishing you many more miles with the beauty and congratulations again! It was lovely meeting you.
mohittater is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 08:55   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernafied View Post
Congratulations on purchasing the beast sir. Looks stunning. Wish you many more happy and safe miles.
Thank you Vernafied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohittater View Post
So glad that my 6GT went to a fellow BHPian! I had almost made up my mind not to sell it since it is such an accomplished machine and would have been difficult to replace, let alone upgrade. It is such a complete package and doesn't disappoint regardless of whether you are behind the wheel or sitting in the back.

Wishing you many more miles with the beauty and congratulations again! It was lovely meeting you.
Mohit, I was indeed lucky to have found your for-sale ad in the classifieds. The way you've kept & maintained the car belies the age and everyone that got into the car felt like it was brand new. It was indeed a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for making this experience smooth & seamless, and the support you offered at the crucial time.
vignesh.cv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 22:05   #30

Quote:
I was trying to avoid a pot hole by keeping the wheels on either side, and then saw another one appear to the right where the front would be. Swerved left to avoid that, but then the rear wheel went over that pothole and I could hear a sound followed by dub-dub. I immediately knew what it meant and stopped and checked the tyres. The right rear had burst open in the outer sidewall and I had to replace the tyre. Called up Mohit and apprised him of the situation, he also advised to switch to the donut and proceed
Congratulations on the car Vignesh. . I am also looking to upgrade to this specific vehicle. Please let me know if you have any leeds.

I was told by BMW service personnel that 6GT comes with 'run flat' tyres that facilitates the drive to go on for these exact scenarios, including a tyre burst(of course with reduced speed). I am confused why did you have change to donut.
Does 'run flat' tyres have limitations?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks