Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2024, 16:14   #16
BHPian

Re: My new Hyundai Creta SX(0) Diesel Automatic. "Ownership Review"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattyboy View Post
Actually, to get the car delivery in 5 days. The dealer made it mandatory for all these items to be purchased from them.
Instead of some year-end discounts, I paid extra money for 5 days delivery.
Many congratulations on your ride and wish you blissful miles ahead!

This indeed takes me by surprise that given the car dealers and manufactures alike are pouring in discounts to clear their existing stocks, there a few who actually end up making more money during this time too!

Given the fact that the FL is just a few days away and that majority of the 'janta' would be holding onto their purchases, the dealer should have ideally thrown in as many goodies as possible from his end to sell you the car. Probably, the SA sensed that you are in a dire need of a car and he reversed the roles instead.

Quote:
Engine and Performance-

Hyundai's 1.5L CRDi VGT engine makes 113.5 bhp /116 ps power and 250 nm torque from a low 1500 rpm. It feels adequately fast and is faster than 90% of cars on the road.

I can say confidently that it offers a good amount of performance after driving Big 2.0 L and 2.2L Turbo diesel Engines in my Compass and Mercedes daily. Yes, the 2.0L multijet and 2.2 L CDI of Mercedes have an edge but that extra performance comes into use only 10 out of 100 times on the highway when you are in a mood to smoke other cars.

It cruises 100-120 kmph very easily and effortlessly, even 140 feels smooth without any strain on the engine plus the mileage I get at these speeds deserves a standing ovation.

At 100 kmph engine spins at 2050 rpm. So the engine in its turbo zone just presses the throttle and zooms past the vehicle in front.

One thing I noticed was that slight engine noise creep inside the cabin only after 3000 rpm and that too doesn't feel like A noise from a diesel engine.

The engine is city-friendly due to 250 nm torque from low 1500 rpm the car accelerates quickly for overtaking or reducing the gap inside the city.

Out on the highway, I had fun keeping the engine between 2k- 3k rpm for performance and I was ahead of almost 95% of cars on highways. And I kept the engine below 2000 rpm to get better fuel efficiency.
On a side note, I'm pleasantly surprised by your comments on the BS-6 Ph-2 D-AT. I have owned the BS-6 Sonet D-AT and have driven the BS-6 Ph-2 Seltos D-AT and I felt that the 'mojo' of the earlier (pre-RDE) 1.5 D is completely lost. I could feel that the Seltos was very lazy to pull in the initial gears and the performance for sure has taken a hit post the RDE norms. But going by your experience , I'm really scratching my head now. Idk what went wrong during my TD though, but I did take an extensive TD's (2 infact) and both the times I came out disappointed with the engine performance of the FL Seltos D-AT.

Maybe , I shall checkout the 2024 Creta D-AT and see if really there's some change.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 7th January 2024 at 16:23.
ashvek3141 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 16:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Many congratulations on your ride and wish you blissful miles ahead!

This indeed takes me by surprise that given that car dealers and manufacturers alike are pouring in discounts to clear their existing stocks, there are a few who end up making more money during this time too!

Given the fact that the FL is just a few days away and that the majority of the 'Janta' would be holding onto their purchases, the dealer should have ideally thrown in as many goodies as possible from his end to sell you the car. Probably, the SA sensed that you were in dire need of a car and he reversed the roles instead.

On a side note, I'm pleasantly surprised by your comments on the BS-6 Ph-2 D-AT. I have owned the BS-6 Sonet D-AT and have driven the BS-6 Ph-2 Seltos D-AT and I felt that the 'mojo' of the earlier (pre-RDE) 1.5 D is completely lost. I could feel that the Seltos were very lazy to pull in the initial gears and the performance for sure has taken a hit post the RDE norms. But going by your experience, I'm scratching my head now. Idk what went wrong during my TD though, but I did take extensive TDs (2 in fact) and both times I came out disappointed with the engine performance of the FL Seltos D-AT.

Maybe, I shall check out the 2024 Creta D-AT and see if there's some change.
Thank you very much for your nice Wishes.

As you know Creta is one most demanded vehicles in the country selling about 10- 15k units monthly.
People who booked the car in June 2023 are getting delivery in December 2023, so SADLY the point "People holding their purchase" is not valid here. People who have booked the car in Nov or Dec 2023 will automatically get the delivery of the FL model.

At any point in time, there are buyers for Creta whether it is the current model or the FL model.

The SA didn't reverse the role as he was offering me about a 1.25 lakhs Discount on Alcazar because it is a slow-moving unit.

Now talking about the performance.
Sonet has less kerb weight of approx 200 kgs in comparison to Creta D AT or Seltos D AT ( 1371 kgs)
This helps the Sonet to become a rocket with 15 bhp more power-to-weight ratio and 35 nm more torque-to-weight ratio. This is the reason you felt Seltos extremely slow.

The same thing I felt between Alcazar and Creta. Creta is much faster than Alcazar.

Now think about the difference between Sonet and Alcazar

Last edited by vattyboy : 7th January 2024 at 16:43.
vattyboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 17:17   #18
BHPian

re: My New Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review

Congratulations on your new car! There's no better joy than getting your new car delivered in 5 days.
You have made the right choice to have a premium car along with peace of mind in terms of reliability and service.
Tell us more about the ceramic coating. Which brand is it? How do you like the work done?
Is there any reason you got it done by the dealer instead of an exclusive detailer outside? 30K seems to be a very reasonable price.

Wishing you many years of safe and happy ride with your new car.
CarML is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 18:15   #19
BHPian

This is such a breath of fresh air to hear a first hand review of Creta from an owner of Cla and Compass. Even in my house, discussions have started on Creta, Brezza and XUV700. We like Skoda as a product but the ASC doesn't instill confidence, even we are open to trying some Asian brands this time. The best part is, Hyundai, Maruti have 5+ dealers in my city and I'm sure if one doesn't works, the other would be ready to serve. Eagerly waiting for the Creta facelift.

Last edited by sachin_cs : 7th January 2024 at 18:16. Reason: Grammar
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 21:14   #20
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car!

It’s good to hear positive review on BS 6 Phase 2 diesel engine. I recently drove one and didn’t like it a bit (it was a few months old with some 6k on odometer). I thought something was wrong with the car. I drive 1st gen BS 4 diesel Creta (2015 make) and it has loads of low end torque which I found missing from the latest one. Perhaps something was off with that particular car, can’t really say.

Please share more driving experiences along the way. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe travel.
Col Mehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 10:37   #21
BHPian

Re: My New Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review

Hearty congratulations on your acquisition and wish you safe and happy miles ahead!!

May I know the reason to choose diesel variant in the current situation where govt is discouraging diesels? Is your annual run is too high? How do you plan to manage DPF issue?

I am sold on XUV7OO (even with niggles), but holding on due to petrol/diesel dilemma.
hummer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 11:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and hope you enjoy your Creta. I used to have this exact car albeit in the BS6.1 avatar and have very pleasant experiences with it. GNCAP scores notwithstanding, the car felt very well put together and had a secure feeling on the move. The powertrain itself is creamy smooth and probably the last of the bullet proof reliable ones in the days to come. ( Innova has already gone hybrid for its mainstream variants!)
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 11:28   #23

Congratulations on your new ride Vattyboy!

Finally an ownership review on Creta SX(O) D AT in recent times. Great to hear a positive feedback. Finally, i am convinced to change my booking from Alcazar signature D AT to New Creta after reading your review. Had booked alcazar only because of its practicality and big boot but i knew somewhere in back of my mind that i am compromising on the driving dynamics (between these two).

Do share more driving experiences. Wishing you many happy miles with this amazing Car.
d3v15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 12:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much! I don't use Android Auto frequently but my Kia Seltos HTK Plus has it wireless so I am disappointed that why top models are having it wired.
I think Hyundai/Kia cars with connected features don't have wireless Car play/android auto due to conflict in networks, lower variants have it. But there are chances of getting an OTA update for wireless in near future.
BhayanaV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 18:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarML View Post
You have made the right choice to have a premium car along with peace of mind in terms of reliability and service.
Tell us more about the ceramic coating. Which brand is it?
Wishing you many years of safe and happy ride with your new car.
Thank you so much CarML.
The dealership has a tie-up with the Detailing Devils who use their 9H ceramic coating. I had a good experience with Detailing Devils in the past. They are the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
This is such a breath of fresh air to hear a first-hand review of Creta from an owner of Cla and Compass. Even in my house, discussions have started on Creta, Brezza and XUV700. We like Skoda as a product but the ASC doesn't instil confidence, even though we are open to trying some Asian brands this time. The best part is, that Hyundai and Maruti have 5+ dealers in my city and I'm sure if one doesn't work, the other would be ready to serve. Eagerly waiting for the Creta facelift.
Don't take the risk this time. Go ahead and buy a Japanese or Korean machine. By reading VAG twin's horror stories, I am suggesting to people if they want a German car then Directly buy Merc, BMW or Audi after saving for another few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Please share more driving experiences along the way. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe travel.
Thank you so much, Sir.
Yes, I will update this thread frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Hearty congratulations on your acquisition and wish you safe and happy miles ahead!!
May I know the reason for choosing the diesel variant in the current situation where govt is discouraging diesel? Is your annual run too high? How do you plan to manage the DPF issue?
I am sold on XUV7OO (even with niggles), but holding on due to the petrol/diesel dilemma.
Thank you so much.
I bought a Diesel because my running is close to 2500 km a month ( 75% on the highway). So in my use case, there will not be any accumulation of soot in DPF.
Plus I have a soft corner for Diesel in my heart because of the torque they provide.
In small cities like Udaipur, Diesel cars can run for 15 years with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Congratulations and hope you enjoy your Creta. I used to have this exact car albeit in the BS6.1 avatar and have very pleasant experiences with it. GNCAP scores notwithstanding, the car felt very well put together and had a secure feeling on the move. The powertrain itself is creamy smooth and probably the last of the bulletproof reliable ones in the days to come. ( Innova has already gone hybrid for its mainstream variants!)
Thank you so much.
I agree with all your points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v15 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride Vattyboy!
Finally an ownership review on Creta SX(O) D AT in recent times. Great to hear positive feedback. Finally, I am convinced to change my booking from Alcazar Signature D AT to New Creta after reading your review. Had booked Alcazar only because of its practicality and big boot but I knew somewhere in the back of my mind that I was compromising on the driving dynamics (between these two).
Do share more driving experiences. Wishing you many happy miles with this amazing Car.
Other than handling, the space on the 2nd row is compromised for adding the 3rd row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhayanaV View Post
I think Hyundai/Kia cars with connected features don't have wireless Car play/android auto due to conflict in networks, lower variants have it. But there are chances of getting an OTA update for wireless soon.
Nice thought. That can be the case.
vattyboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 13:28   #26
BHPian

I have completed my first long trip of 1500 km in Creta Diesel AT.

Drove on Samruddhi Mahamarg by setting the Cruise Control at various speeds so sharing the best mileage figures which Creta gives.

I have observed that mileage suddenly drops if speeds exceed 100 kmph which doesn't happen in my Compass and CLA.

Note: After setting the Cruise control at a specific speed, I put the average FE to reset every time and drove for about 10 to 15 km to phase out any incline and decline variations.

80 kmph - 24.2 kmpl
My New Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img20240131155141.jpg

90 kmph - 23.2 kmpl
My New Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img20240131155942.jpg

100 kmph - 21.3 kmpl
My New Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img20240131161349.jpg

110 kmph - 18.7 kmpl
My New Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img20240131162236.jpg

120 kmph - 17.1 kmpl
My New Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img20240131162948.jpg

Also, note that this is the maximum mileage the car can give because of no traffic, no breaking and no acceleration. So mileage will reduce depending upon the roads and traffic conditions.

Engine rpm at 120 kmph is 2500, which is think is slightly more. If the engine rotates around 2200 rpm at 120 kmph then it could be better IMO.

The AC of the car is a chiller and I have to set it to 23 degrees all the time, below 20 it makes the cabin freezing chilled.

The suspension and handling of the Car are good and I am satisfied with it.

Comfort levels are good, and didn't tire me and the passengers.

Felt sunlight on my hands, If Hyundai Can give UV-cut glasses then it will be better.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st February 2024 at 21:10. Reason: As requested
vattyboy is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 13:39   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Drove on Samruddhi Mahamarg by setting the Cruise Control at various speeds so sharing the best the mileage figures which Creta gives.

I have observed that mileage suddenly drops if speeds exceed 100 kmph which doesn't happen in my Compass and CLA.
Two things to call out -

1. The avg. trip FE falling to say 21kmpl when speed increases to 100 means the FE at 100 would be lower than that.

2. Tankful numbers can be further lower if the MID overstates the FE.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 11:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:

Drove on Samruddhi Mahamarg by setting the Cruise Control at various speeds so sharing the best mileage figures which Creta gives.

Really insightful, it is actually a helpful information for me since my Gen 1 Creta does not display any sort of mileage calculations on the MID and I never bothered calculating it myself.

Assuming your figures, the ones in my 1.6 Diesel Creta should be similar (maybe 10-15% higher because of it running on much less stringent BS4 standards), it could be around the same as well for it being a little more powerful and higher in displacement than this.

The reason it sharply dips beyond 100 should strictly be because of the aerodynamics, we are all lapping up with crossover SUVs in today's market, but their higher weight and worse aerodynamics than their sedan counterparts (Verna in this case) really shows here. I bet Verna's drop in comparative mileage of these speeds wouldn't be this drastic.

Nevertheless, it being Diesel, in the past I have done a few 1000-1200 KMs (round) trips including 30% or so of those trips on hills and this just keeps going on and on indefinitely, I ran it around 80-90 KM/h in the highway sections though.

In one of those trips, I drove along with 1 Baleno 1.2 Petrol and Endeavour 3.2 Diesel and at one point in the trip they both required re-fuelling having reached less than 10-20% of their fuel tanks, I stopped outside and didn't join, when they came to enquire why, I showed them my MID, which showed around 60-70% fuel remaining in my tank, they were pleasantly surprised.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks