Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:44   #1

A few Civic causes of Concern !

Hi, The Civic is a beaut no doubt and has lived up to its image as COTY 2007. She handles really well, but I have a few nagging issues which have shaken my faith on Honda. Here goes:

(a) Wipers on my civic make a terrible noise when operated. The car is only 6 months old. Conversations with other civic owners have also revealed this problem with some.
() THe suspension is not entirely worth raving about. The issue as seen will require a more pro active stance by SIEL.
(c) THe air coditioning takes time to be effective.
(d) I have experienced starting problem on atleast 5 occassions. Reasons i have failed to fathom.
Can someone throw light on these issues.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd October 2007 at 00:32. Reason: spellings edited
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:15   #2
BHPian

Good to see another member from Goa on board. People on the forum have complained about the noisy wipers and the car bottoming out with a couple of people in the rear. Siel seems yet to come out with a solution.
rohan_fonseca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mods, is it possible to merge this with one of the Civic threads. There are too many.

Dunno.. the wiper contact with the glass makes the noise I guess. This is not very evident always. Sometimes when there is a very mild drizzle I seem to get the noise. I usually use the spray and the sound after that is muffled after that. If its raining heavily, then the wipers do make a noise when they hit the resting end. But aren't all wipers supposed to make noise (unless its a benz or something) Maybe the opposing wiper technique is to blame?

The air conditioning seems to work fine. Maybe being in Bangalore I can't spot the difference. However what I noticed was if its 24 degrees outside and I set 24 degrees inside, the outside temperature tends to be cooler than the one inside. Maybe its the wind chill.

Suspension has been spoken about enough. Look at the other threads.

Dunno about starting problem. I've had it for nine months and never a problem. Sometimes inside the car if I don't look at the rev meter I don't even know if the car has started or not. :-)
csentil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2007, 19:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Brahma View Post
Hi, The Civic is a beaut no doubt and has lived up to its image as COTY 2007. She handles really well, but I have a few nagging issues which have shaken my faith on Honda. Here goes:

(a) Wipers on my civic make a terrible noise when operated. The car is only 6 months old. Conversations with other civic owners have also revealed this problem with some.
() THe suspension is not entirely worth raving about. The issue as seen will require a more pro active stance by SIEL.
(c) THe air coditioning takes time to be effective.
(d) I have experienced starting problem on atleast 5 occassions. Reasons i have failed to fathom.
Can someone throw light on these issues.
Never faced any starting trouble but the other 3 issues I agree to the problems, I am facing or have faced these problems too.
alankarm@sancha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2007, 11:31   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

even the city bottoms out when it is fully loaded....
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2007, 13:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

I am told all Honda cars in India, including Accord, bottom out pretty easily.
Only CRV is the exception.
vnabhi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2007, 19:48   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
even the city bottoms out when it is fully loaded....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I am told all Honda cars in India, including Accord, bottom out pretty easily.
Only CRV is the exception.
Most cars bottom out except for the ones made specifically for 3rd world countries,but yes civic and accord are more prone to bottom out.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks