Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2004, 13:14   #16
BHPian

Inside news from an ex-employee is that toyota kirloskar is already working on launching the replacement for Qualis in its plants. Its expected by yr end or early next yr. the engine&drive train will be sourced from some southeast country.
-Chaxy
Old 5th December 2006, 16:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday went to a Chevrolet dealer to check up on the Chevrolet Tavera.

First and foremost extremely professional staff and you are treated very well ,was made to wait for around 5 minutes before a salesman came to me[no issues with that].

The first question to me by the salesman is why tavera,go for the aveo instead? The salesman went on about the aveo and how it is amongst the safest cars with energy absorbing bumbers and so on..[Looks like nobodys buying an aveo,]I tell him I am here for the tavera remember.He goes on saying it is not at all VFM and the base model itself is so costly[how are taveras selling?]

Next I ask him for a testdrive of the tavera and he says sorry not possible but can be arranged at a later stage.[I have been driven around for miles in a tavera[not mine ofcourse]and had come to the showroom not to see how the vehicle looks but to see how comfortable I would be in the drivers seat,hopefully car manufacturers get my point].

Well anyway there was a display tavera[no testdrives allowed] in the showroom and I managed to hop into the drivers seat for the first time in a tavera after such a long time and thats where all the excitement ended [I had gone to the showroom driving a Ford Endevour,so what lied ahead was a complete shock for me]
I was just appalled by the gearbox[atleast thats what you call it technically].That gearbox should not be doing duty on a 7.5lakh car[suddenly the innova looks more VFM].Another issue I had was, the steering wheel was hitting my knees[and I am a relatively short guy,imagine 6 footers on the tavera].I just could not find a suitable driving position.Did not require a testdrive to understand that tavera would never be suitable for me.

So the saleman was right after all the tavera is not VFM for private use,its good if you are being driven around maybe but for people who drive/love driving ,this one is definitely not for you.

And yes its definitely not the tavera for me.
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:57   #18

Tavera sucks

I must comment that i too test drove the chevorlet tavera. It sucks. We cant compare it wid the scorpio or even the sumo.
The sales guys themselves told me that the car is okay. There is a gr8 amount of noise which is so disturbing.
It may look good overall but the car has real bad interiors.
I am happy i took the Adventure.
Chevorlet tavera is a poor option...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks