Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2005, 10:36   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby
My experience was with the petrol ... so maybe the diesel might be a little better .... nice car overall .. liked the space in the cabin. Especially the fact that i had about 3 inches of space between my knees and the steering wheel while driving - which is something i have not seen in too many other cars.

However - build quality is a question . . there were squeaks and squeals from inside on an absolutely <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=new%20car" onmouseover="window.status='new car'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">new car</a>, so one dare imagine what would happen after 30,000 kms.

Also - the car is a little irritating at lower revs - doesnt give you the kind of power delivery you'd really expect... very damp till about 3k revs .. and then finally the engine comes to life ... and in bombay traffic ... thats exactly when you have to hit the brakes again.

Could not test it on an open road .. but i'd imagine this car would be just perfect to cruise in at 100 kmph .. all packed up with wife, kids, doggies and pet squirrels !!

nice picnic in the back - while you're floating along in the driver's seat ... all the excitement would be from the back seat though ..

though I am no car buff but know a loser when I see one. May be I am being too critical about the marina diesel. It may also be so because I went test driving the hyundai accent GLE before the marina. I experienced all the above and more. I had gone with the mind of showing my wife (who was with me all along) that how in the same price we will get bigger space, good looks, an INDIAN car, and later may be cheaper parts. But the experience was so bad that I can never talk in favour of marina anymore.
may be it was a diesel and hence the problem. So today I have told those guys to bring me the petrol marina .
Lets see what happens

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks