Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2004, 21:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

hey dovin
i live in hyd, those were the rates quoted by my car guy abt 4 months back,he does for all my cars.
Old 24th October 2004, 18:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Dovin. Do u feel that the Petra is worth all the hassle and inconsideration that u experienced at Fiat/Fortpoint?
Old 24th October 2004, 18:35   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dovin!! Congrats on your buy, the Petra rocks!! But more than anything...congrats on the fighting spirit against being taken for a ride, even by a huge company like Fiat. I literally brought the entire of Ichibaan Honda down on their knees in march 2004.

Topic moved to Team-BHP reviews

GTO
Old 25th October 2004, 16:28   #19
BHPian

Deeps: If you are buying a car as a major lifestyle purchase which will stay with you for many years and the good feeling (not just Value For Money) of owning one including dealer experience etc is important to you, then Petra may not be a good idea. In fact if you are planning to keep the car for more than 5 years, and will drive it atleast 2000-2500 kms per month, calculating the resale value, Fuel Economy, good feeling of ownership etc, a Honda City would probably be a better choice, even if its a stretch for you in terms of its cost. For me Petra was a good choice because I wanted to pay upfront without taking a bank loan but could not afford to buy a City for now. However, i do not expect to keep this car for more than 4 years max. My old car had broken down to be rather embarassig to drive. So Petra is a stop gap car, and in that role, for the money you pay, Its a really good buy inspite of the dealership hassels. I dread the upcoming visits to the dealership for servicing etc, and already there are some minor issues with the reading lights getting turned on when the car goes over a bump when kept in the middle (on- when door opens) position. However, I know that even if the dealer screws up, this car will last for the timeperiod i'm looking at in reasonably good shape.

If Fiat can get their act together and make customer feel like a king and have professional quality workshops, Petra has the potential to be a leader in its class.
Old 1st November 2004, 17:40   #20
BHPian

Took the Petra out for a real drive after crossing 1000 kms. Hit 140 kmph on Palm Beach road without any trouble, WITH A/C at full blast. The car was smooth, handling was perfect (racing drivers may complain about a minor oversteer) and braking was confident. As soon as you take feet of accelerator car starts slowing down. No vibration, no extra engine sound, very little sensation of speed. You can't really tell between 80 and 140 if you keep your eyes closed.. it was beautiful. I think it will hit 160 easily on freeway, since there was still some margin left on the accelerator but I could not push it to the limits because I had to keep braking for other traffic. The big body roll noticed during test drive has almost completely disappeared, thanks to the Michelin Pilot Preceda tubeless. I'm beginnig to get really impressed with this car as i use it more.. For mod freaks, i think this car is a great platform.. get a powerful, well built car at a cheap price and them spent the money you saved on extra performance stuff..
Old 26th November 2004, 23:32   #21
BHPian

Really Nice Reviews on the Petra.
I have a Siena 1.6GTX. Just wanted to know what would be the recommendation (brand & Cost) for Alloy Wheels + Tubleless Tyres ??
Since i've already saved lots of money on the Buying Cost - bought it a year back - i guess i am feeling guilty & spend more money on the car !!

Gimme more !!
Old 24th January 2005, 23:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

dovin what are u saying i thought petra is good for 180kmph

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks