Cedia Sports - Initial 2000KM Reveiw

Cedia Sports Aussie-Yellow
Purchase date: 9th November, 2007
KM done: 2040 KM
First Service done: at 1200KM
FE:
Before first service 9km in city and 13.5km on highway with AC
After first service 9.2km in city and 13.8km on highway with AC

It’s been a while since I brought my Cedia Sports, when I decided buying a Cedia lot of people wre unknown about this car and many said it has poor resale value and blah blah…(but I said I not a person who buys cars for their resale value), but here on t-bhp most of you have given positive feedback for Cedia, especially after the price reduction it seems to be a great buy. Here we go the car is behaving very well and fortunately it’s living up to my expectations, heres an initial 2000km review

Engine and Gearbox:

Engine is very refined and smooth, acceleration is good in First and second gear, but inspite of being a 2.0 litre unit the top speed is ordinary. 0-100 is quick but the top speed what I achieved is just 160-170 kmph which is not in league of cars of same engine capacity, considering I have touch 190 kmph in my Palio S10 on the same road. The main reason behind this is the detuning of this 4g94 engine from 125bhp to 115bhp – this sucks man

Interiors

Sports comes with black leather interiors. I prefer this black interior rather than the beige in the Spirit version because it adds the sporty image of the car, although I didn’t like the grayish white patches on the leather seats and the steering wheel. The quality of the leather and some parts has gone down as compared to the earlier lot of cars, which used to cost nearly 1.5 lakhs more than the current models. The steering wheel is nice and easy to grip but the location of the horn is something needs getting used to. Seating position is slightly higher which I dont like it should have been little more downwards like the old lancer.
The Air-con works well but Climate Control was needed here atleast as an option since the SX4 and Swift has it.

Rear seat legroom is very good although you sit low and the thigh support is less.

Ride and Handling

On stock Bridgestone Potenza195/55/r15 the ride is pretty good. The car absorbs the pothole and bad Indian roads very well, although I am soon upgrading to 17 Lenso alloy on Yokohama rubber. Now talking about the handling omg the handling is so sharp that I can bet none of the car in its segment or even some cars of higher segment can handle like this Mitsubishi. This car likes to be cornered at high speeds time to time and mind you the stability of the car won’t disappoint you every single time. By far this car has one of the best handling amongst the cars, which I have driven so far.

Fuel Economy

I was not expecting much from this 2.0 litre unit since I drive a Palio 1.6 S10 for last 4 years (which has never ever crossed 8 kmpl in city), butttttttt this unit is capable of giving good FE figures, and this is the result of Mitsubishi detuning the engine from 125 bhp to 115 bhp. When I drive in boy racer mood the FE is 8.5 to 9 kmpl, which is not at all bad for a 2.0 litre unit. And when driven with proper gear shifting at proper rpm this unit returns a very good 10-11 kmpl in city with AC on.

Sales and Service

A.S.S atleast here in Mumbai is good if not excellent as Honda all over India. Metro Motors is the Authorised dealer in Mumbai and soon they launching a new showroom in Navi Mumbai as well. The Metro Motors Service Station at Mahape is 3-4 kms away from my place, but this service station needs some serious renovations to be done.

Overall

Overall I think it’s a very good car for what you pay, it gives you more bang for your buck, it has lots of road presence especially the Sports version and it give you a lot of attention and set you apart from ordinary crowd of cars.

Pros and Cons

Pros

1.Refinement
2.Handling
3.VFM
4.FE
5.Looks of the Sports Version (Personal Choice

Cons

1.No Climate Control
2.We want MIVEC...
3.Low rear seats
4.Expensive Spares
Old 23rd December 2007, 17:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wowww, yellow Cedia, boy you have a thing for yellow colour. Car looks fantastic :clap
Old 23rd December 2007, 17:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
0-100 is quick but the top speed what I achieved is just 160-170 kmph which is not in league of cars of same engine capacity, considering I have touch 190 kmph in my Palio S10 on the same road. The main reason behind this is the detuning of this 4g94 engine from 125bhp to 115bhp – this sucks man
Stay in 4th gear. Don't shift to 5th. You'll easily touch 180 or more. I've touched 205 on the same car with no mods on a long stretch.
Old 23rd December 2007, 18:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review.I test drove this car few weeks back and im going to buy it soon.its a lovely car and value for money
Old 23rd December 2007, 18:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. Cedia Rulezz!!
Old 23rd December 2007, 19:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

car looks good in yellow...
was the blacked heallights only with the sports variant ? looks neat...

by the way - who ever told you HONDA service is excellent?!!!!! it sucks big time man- just visit the dealership review section...
Old 23rd December 2007, 19:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

oh one more question to CEDIA owners - how is the rear seat comfort and space compared to the CIVIC ?
Old 23rd December 2007, 20:26   #8

Yes the black headlights are standard only in sports, also I have painted the radiator grill in matt black.

Hallmark Honda here in Navi Mumbai provided me execllent service when I went to test drive the Civic,altough I dont know much about the A.S.S

I think Civic is more comfortable at the rear than the Cedia
Old 23rd December 2007, 20:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
was the blacked heallights only with the sports variant ? looks neat...
Yup, only the sports version has the blackened tail lamps, rear spoiler, body kit.
Old 24th December 2007, 00:28   #10

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

WOW!the car looks great in yellow.
Old 24th December 2007, 06:07   #11
BHPian

Mitsu Lancer GS1.

Here is another episode of wishful thinking by me.
http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=229725

If they could offer the 2 liter 138bhp Diesel version for 10 lakh ex showroom in India all other manufacturers would have to rethink every thing they dole out here. Probably if Lalu was at the helm of affairs at the HM board then this dream could have been a reality.

Bye and wear your seat belts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 24th December 2007 at 06:09.
Old 24th December 2007, 08:40   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yup, only the sports version has the blackened tail lamps, rear spoiler, body kit.
not blackened tail lamps.. euro (lexus) style tail lamps.
Old 24th December 2007, 09:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer View Post
Yes the black headlights are standard only in sports, also I have painted the radiator grill in matt black.

Hallmark Honda here in Navi Mumbai provided me execllent service when I went to test drive the Civic,altough I dont know much about the A.S.S

I think Civic is more comfortable at the rear than the Cedia
Did you try staying in 4th ? If yes , whats the top speed you had achieved ?
Old 25th December 2007, 11:12   #14

No I havent tried yet on 4th gear
Old 25th December 2007, 11:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well then you might wanna try that before blaming the engine . Reach till redline in 4th and then shift to 5th. Make sure you have a very long stretch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks