Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 12:23   #16
BHPian

Congrats. The car looks good and I liked the interiors, especially the steering wheel.

Did you change the steering wheel or is it the stock one?
Old 13th February 2008, 13:34   #17
BHPian

Congrats Dude..

Even i have got a VERNA CRDI SX with ABS(passion red)

will be sending a ownerdhip report soon..

So how much did it came on road.. for me after all discounts it worked at 8.82 lakhs for 2008 model.
Old 17th February 2008, 16:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
nice review mate.. u changed the tires which is a must for verna .. also tell me about the high speed stability of the car ....
I haven't yet moved past 100 kmph and I am satisfied with the stabulity and control - don't see the vehicle vibrating at all at 100 - but I guess the true test is when I push it beyond 100 (just waiting and waiting for another 100 km before I push her to her limits - she can only purr and not whine

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
congrats diffsoft. hope you enjoy the car.

OT. I guess the experience with the attempted Combi purchase has put you off Skoda's for good
Yes Jalbir: I guess for a long time to come. If at all I miss the European cars, I will earn enough to go for the Jetta or the Passat - not the Skoda. Hopefully one day our roads will be good enough for me to justify a BMW / Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Congrats Dude..

Even i have got a VERNA CRDI SX with ABS(passion red)

will be sending a ownerdhip report soon..

So how much did it came on road.. for me after all discounts it worked at 8.82 lakhs for 2008 model.
Congrats Deepan:

I got mine with a 10K discount on the list price - look forward to your review soon.

The one thing I found though was that the clutch is hard - I showed it twice to Trident, the dealer - they tell me that's normal. I am not so sure and I had been using the Automatic of Santro so far so it has been clutch free driving for me - maybe I push the clutch right through the end which is not needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
Congrats. The car looks good and I liked the interiors, especially the steering wheel.

Did you change the steering wheel or is it the stock one?
I changed it to Stanley, Charcoal Color - the grip you get is fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbaruas View Post
Congrats on the purchase and the fact that you are happy with what you have got !
O.T : I am also looking for the transparent floor mats for my new Accent ..
Any idea about how much will they cost ??
Dada no idea cos I got it free from Trident, I agree they look very good. They also have spikes on the floor side that grips the bottom. I enquired with a friend who said Bimal Auto (dealers in Maruti here) said it costs around Rs 1600 - though I do not think she was sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Congrats diffsoft on your latest acquisition, and again welcome to the Verna CRDi Club !

Drive safe and observe absolute restarin during the drive in period ....
Thanks Hellstar:

I am surprised to find the build quality to be pretty good - no rattling sound from anywhere in the car, door close with a thud and surpisingly quiet diesel - it is difficult to restrain though, just waiting to devour the roads

Last edited by Zappo : 17th February 2008 at 20:13. Reason: 6 consecutive posts at 1-2 mins differences between each?! Please post/reply at one go. Use Multi-quote button.
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:36   #19
BHPian

Hi diffsoft! congrats on your new car and I am also in your club. SX ABS - Real Earth color. So far 7K (4 months) as been travelling abroad so less usage. For city commute, seriously, considering Santro AT and would appreciate your and other users feedback on the car ( AT).
I dont have much expectations from Santro after experiencing two CRDi in a row ( Accent and Verna) still AT is an attraction for city commute.
Thanks in advance
Old 5th March 2008, 18:41   #20
BHPian

Hi diffsoft! congrats on your new car and I am also in line to join the Verna club pretty soon your car looks really cool love the color. what other benifits did the dealer provide you apart from floor mats???

I 'am in talks with Advaith Huyndai to see just how much are they willing to offer apart from 15k and free floor mats, key chain, idol and perfume bottle. Has anyone got better offers??? i have asked him to scrap all of these and provide me free upsize from stock tyres to 195/60 R14. Lets see's how things go. wil post a detailed reports pretty soon.
Old 5th March 2008, 18:51   #21
BHPian

How much is your usage?

Hey congrats on your purchase. Just curious to know how much is your usage? Do you use it for more than 20kms a day?
Looks like you have used AT before. So, I guess your usage won't be that high.
Interesting to know what made yout to go for diesel, other than the performance of Verna CRDi
Old 5th March 2008, 18:56   #22
BHPian

Cograts diffsoft on the new car..u will enjoy it even more when u take it to the highways

Checked for the mileage??
Old 5th March 2008, 19:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Our club has grown after a small gap.I think hellstar has the most run verna vgt.Welcome to the club buddie.You should run her in in a good way so that she returns her absolute best latter.
ram
Old 5th March 2008, 19:29   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

how did i miss this thread?

hearty congratulations!

remember spiderman: With great power comes great responsibility! more importantly watch out for those with no power and no responsibility :-)

enjoy and happy motoring.
Old 5th March 2008, 19:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats bro! The Verna is an excellent car. I took a chance TD the other day and was mighty impressed by its responsive engine and pleasure of handling.
Btw, whats the FE you are getting?
Old 5th March 2008, 23:10   #26
himanshurulz

congrats man..verna is a great car to drive
do you intend to get it pete'd

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks