Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:56   #541
BHPian

Lead Time

At Acumen Motors, Pune - mostly the Diesel models are available but the petrol 1.4 & 1.2 has a waiting period of around 2 months. especially the 1.2 is in huge demand.

They are now delivering the 1.2 to the people who booked it in may/june. Infact I am not even getting a test drive of 1.2 petrol due to the shortage. They say that the Kits were hanging at customs due to some reason & because of that there is a shortage.

One more thing, they are calling back the existing 1.2 & upgrading their softwares & the new 1.2's that are being delivered are with the upgraded software.
Old 23rd July 2008, 12:48   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
At Acumen Motors, Pune - mostly the Diesel models are available but the petrol 1.4 & 1.2 has a waiting period of around 2 months. especially the 1.2 is in huge demand.

They are now delivering the 1.2 to the people who booked it in may/june.
ajnagpur:
Great, so things are hotting-up in the market. It augurs well if their 1.2 gets traction. I hope they sell half a million of them (though there are those contrarians in the thread who believe the exclusivity of their machines will erode -Place in TN, so I beg pardon in advance).
Old 24th July 2008, 16:33   #543
BHPian

War Rationing

There isn't enough Diesel in Bangalore- can you believe that? My family lays off buying a diesel-burning machine for 30 years and, the moment we do get one, we've no fuel to run the blessed thing. I think they call it Murphy's Law!

How is it in the rest of India-Madras/Bombay/Delhi/Hyderabad??? Does anybody know if the situation is going to improve soon? The logic the media is giving us is that the power shortage and power cuts recently announced is resulting in bulk diesel-buying sprees by the corporates/industries that need to run their big gensets.

How much does a horse cost? Our office has a nice lawn that the animal can mow for free, and for extra performance, I can feed the quadruped some special grass.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Petroleum Minister! I rather fancy myself riding a 17-hand stallion around and, with my Jacaru on my head, looking a bit like Clint Eastwood.
Old 25th July 2008, 12:30   #544
BHPian

Diesel availability in Bangalore

For those of you residing in Bangalore around the Indiranagar/Old Airport/Koramangala AND that drive diesel cars, the bunk on the Airport Rd in Domlur has diesel in stock (as of 9.30 this am). They are rationing the stuff- max of Rs 1000/- per vehicle which, at Bangalore prices yields 25.5 odd litres.

I was darned lucky to find it, or my dearest Fabia would soon have been gulping air. A strategic alternative would be the Shell bunks as their fuel is so much more expensive than our Public Sector dispensors that I strongly suspect the run on their diesel is yet to happen. (For those interested in exploring this- Shell has on outlet en-route to Whitefield.)
Old 28th July 2008, 12:12   #545
BHPian

How much does YOUR Fabia carry?

I shifted home yesterday and here's what I managed to fit into the Czech Hauler: One CRT TV (21 inches), one DVD player, 2 cotton mattresses, 2 thick blankets, couple of bed sheets, one large Reebok bag full of clothes DVDs, shampoos (from the days when I has hair) etc, one smaller camouflage carryall bag with clothes and oddments, One bedsheet holding 6-8 enamel cookware, set of 6 each SS steel dinner plates, cups, cutlery, 1 SS pressure cooker, 4 glasses and 2 wine glasses, 4 large ceramic coffee mugs, One SS oil dispenser, 1 medium sized wooden tray, 8-10 cooking implements such as chapati lever (can't get the name), curry spoons etc, one large cardboard box containing glass pudding bowls of all things!, 1 bucket (large) 1 bucket (small), one bathroom mug, one basin, 1 broom, 1 dustpan, one small suitcase filled with what seemed to be lead castings!!, 8 heavy clay fretwork bricks (used as TV stand), set of two curtains, 3 large floor seating cushions, 1 cardboard box containing my mini Cd player speakers., 3 bulky plastic bags with books, files etc.

I laid the back seat flat- an arrangement easily accomplished by simply pulling two spring-loaded tabs located on either side of the top of the seat-together. I also removed the rear parcel tray and slotted it between the front and rear seats in order to maximize available volume.

The car could have taken more as the entire front passenger seat was empty; the rear was chock-a-block- piled to the roof, and she rode very low (the huge bundle of kitchen utensils etc and the matteresses were the culprits).

BTW does anyone know how the back seat rest can be removed entirely? I managed to get the pivot on one side dislodged, but the other had a trick up its sleeve.
Old 28th July 2008, 12:44   #546
BHPian

2 Month Waiting List?

You're joking right?

The reason for the two month waiting list is the firmware flash that Skoda has pushed post production of it's vehicles.

The 1.2's turned out underpowered and guzzles gas, with AutocarIndia's mileage figures around 9.5 kmpl in city conditions VS. 11.5 for the Swift.

Skoda India spent the last month doing what they could from an engine management software side, to prevent further errosion of the Fabia's brand equity in this market.

An overpriced, underpowered diesel and a fuel thirsty underpowered petrol aren't exactly the best receipe for the Indian market.
Old 28th July 2008, 13:28   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
I shifted home yesterday and here's what I managed to fit into the Czech Hauler: One CRT TV (21 inches), one DVD player, 2 cotton mattresses, 2 thick blankets, couple of bed sheets, one large Reebok bag full of clothes DVDs, shampoos (from the days when I has hair) etc, one smaller camouflage carryall bag with clothes and oddments, One bedsheet holding 6-8 enamel cookware, set of 6 each SS steel dinner plates, cups, cutlery, 1 SS pressure cooker, 4 glasses and 2 wine glasses, 4 large ceramic coffee mugs, One SS oil dispenser, 1 medium sized wooden tray, 8-10 cooking implements such as chapati lever (can't get the name), curry spoons etc, one large cardboard box containing glass pudding bowls of all things!, 1 bucket (large) 1 bucket (small), one bathroom mug, one basin, 1 broom, 1 dustpan, one small suitcase filled with what seemed to be lead castings!!, 8 heavy clay fretwork bricks (used as TV stand), set of two curtains, 3 large floor seating cushions, 1 cardboard box containing my mini Cd player speakers., 3 bulky plastic bags with books, files etc.
That is quite a load. If you were to have a MSIL Swift you could have hauled 4 glasses and 2 wine glasses, 4 large ceramic coffee mugs without much difficulty, but they would all be in few hundred pieces at the end of the journey due to the " sporty " ride.

And sir were you really shifting or did the lady of the house throw you out for you seem to love your car as much (?) as you do her
Old 28th July 2008, 14:44   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
You're joking right?

An overpriced, underpowered diesel and a fuel thirsty underpowered petrol aren't exactly the best receipe for the Indian market.
Screwdriva:
Glad they're taking steps to remedy that, Sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
That is quite a load. If you were to have a MSIL Swift you could have hauled 4 glasses and 2 wine glasses, 4 large ceramic coffee mugs without much difficulty, but they would all be in few hundred pieces at the end of the journey due to the " sporty " ride.

Ha ha.

And sir were you really shifting or did the lady of the house throw you out for you seem to love your car as much (?) as you do her
GreenmachinE:

Touche, Sir, LOL.
Old 29th July 2008, 16:49   #549
BHPian

Quote:
The 1.2's turned out underpowered and guzzles gas, with AutocarIndia's mileage figures around 9.5 kmpl in city conditions VS. 11.5 for the Swift.
That is sad. Unfortunately we do not have any 1200cc owners to report mileage figures. Going by the engine specs, it was easy to believe this will be frugal on the petrol.

Quote:
Skoda India spent the last month doing what they could from an engine management software side, to prevent further errosion of the Fabia's brand equity in this market.
I have heard like 10 different versions on why the 1200cc petrols are being delayed by 45 days. I once took the autocar magazine to the showroom and kept grilling the sales guy but the max he would admit was that Skoda had not customized A/C for Indian weather hence the firmware upgrade.

Unfortunately there is no official stand from Skoda which really sucks. Sometimes I think to print out these comments and post them to Skoda as they do not seem to know of anything called internet leave alone blogs, auto sites...
Old 30th July 2008, 01:03   #550
BHPian

All this waiting period stuff is puzzling me. I have been in touch with two dealers in Delhi. One dealer said running colours like white or grey can be had in three days, beige in 7 days. Another dealer, my preferred one, have white and grey in stock, said they can deliver C.beige in 7 to 10 days.
Old 30th July 2008, 09:49   #551
BHPian

Price hike

Yesterday's business standard says that Skoda is increasing the price of all its products. The hike will be in range of Rs 10,000 to 22,000 across products and effective from 1st August.

I expect fabis will be costlier by 10,00 then. Those planning to buy a car do need to act fast.
Old 1st August 2008, 12:19   #552
BHPian

An eagerbeaver here..

Guys..do you mind if this petrol guy gatecrash into your abode? whether its petrol or diesel fabia is fabia. so i hope you won't mind me sticking my head in..

I had booked the Fabia 1.2 Ambiente on June 30th at Trivandrum. The price hike is effecttive from today and as per the instruction of the Skoda dealers in Trivandrum, i had paid up the entire amount by 30/07/2008. But soon after that, they informed me that only Candy White is available which can be given at the old price. But when i asked about the T. Orange, they've informed me that T.Orange is out of stock in India and can be provided at the hiked price only.

This made me put a mail to Skoda directly and started off a fight with the dealers. Now, after Skoda intervened, the delaers have agreed to give me T.Orange by 19th Aug. But they're still talking about the price with Skoda. I hope something positive comes out.

I hope to make a detailed post of my experience from the begining (from january 08 when i took a testdrive of the Fabia TDi). By the way, Rakesh Raja, it's so nice to've another 'trivandrum fabian' in here. I would be requiring some suggestions from you which i would post subsequently.. expecting more snaps of your black beauty, which i've spotted couple of time basking in glory here.

Dear Netchef, keep your wordsworth-ian lingo flowing..Let's all make this thread more nd more interactive and informative. Would be seeing you all soon with my story (in the making)cheers:
Old 2nd August 2008, 19:46   #553

Hi,

I just went through the VW Jetta brochure a few days ago. It says in fine print that prices at the time of delivery are applicable.

Skoda is owned by VW and I guess the same rule applies for them also.

I know this coz I'm getting my baby on Monday (1.4 MPI Elegance Candy White) and although I had already paid my full amount well before the price hike I still have to fork out an extra 8,400 or so when I go to collect the car. I don't mind it though. I'm happy to be getting a great car which I think is totally worth it and I'm getting it from the first lot after the upgrades.

I will start my own thread once I finally get the car and park it

Stay tuned for more stories and pictures in the coming weeks of the Skoda Fabia 1.4 MPI Petrol (I haven't seen any 1.4 petrol threads here)

Feeling special already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Guys..do you mind if this petrol guy gatecrash into your abode? whether its petrol or diesel fabia is fabia. so i hope you won't mind me sticking my head in..

I had booked the Fabia 1.2 Ambiente on June 30th at Trivandrum. The price hike is effecttive from today and as per the instruction of the Skoda dealers in Trivandrum, i had paid up the entire amount by 30/07/2008. But soon after that, they informed me that only Candy White is available which can be given at the old price. But when i asked about the T. Orange, they've informed me that T.Orange is out of stock in India and can be provided at the hiked price only.

This made me put a mail to Skoda directly and started off a fight with the dealers. Now, after Skoda intervened, the dealers have agreed to give me T.Orange by 19th Aug. But they're still talking about the price with Skoda. I hope something positive comes out.

I hope to make a detailed post of my experience from the begining (from january 08 when i took a testdrive of the Fabia TDi). By the way, Rakesh Raja, it's so nice to've another 'trivandrum fabian' in here. I would be requiring some suggestions from you which i would post subsequently.. expecting more snaps of your black beauty, which i've spotted couple of time basking in glory here.

Dear Netchef, keep your wordsworth-ian lingo flowing..Let's all make this thread more nd more interactive and informative. Would be seeing you all soon with my story (in the making)cheers:
Old 3rd August 2008, 16:16   #554
BHPian

Early congrats for ur new baby, with less than 24hrs to lay your hands on. What you mentioned about the price is right as it was also mentioned in the booking terms here. But the dealer had contacted me on 29th July and promised me that i would be insulated against the price hike if i made the full payment before 1st Aug and i did accordingly. So i'm now waiting for their stand.

I've taken it up the matter with Skoda too, which they said they would look into positively. anyway, keeping my fingers crossed even if the price is on a slightly higher side, they've loaded it to the brim except for the remote fuel lid opener which is a major irritant. Candy White is a royal color with plush feeling, but down here in south, most of the cars are white, so it would be feeling just like any other one in the crowd.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:27   #555
BHPian

Asta La Vista....am baaach!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidMeer View Post
Hi,
I know this coz I'm getting my baby on Monday (1.4 MPI Elegance Candy White) and although I had already paid my full amount well before the price hike I still have to fork out an extra 8,400 or so when I go to collect the car. I don't mind it though. I'm happy to be getting a great car which I think is totally worth it and I'm getting it from the first lot after the upgrades.

Feeling special already!
Hope, you would have got your hands on the Fab by now....Congrats!! I presume, you are welcome to add your posts here itself...which thanks to netchef's generosity has really become a family place
In case you are initiating your own thread, do leave a link here for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post

By the way, Rakesh Raja, it's so nice to've another 'trivandrum fabian' in here. I would be requiring some suggestions from you which i would post subsequently.. expecting more snaps of your black beauty, which i've spotted couple of time basking in glory here.

Congrats on your new purchase too!! And I would be glad to be of any help on the Fabia...glad that you have noticed it around here
And you are right...netchef's absence is really becoming quite extended by now...RG, where are you?
Let me be audacious enough to welcome you and your petrol Fabia travails here...of course, on behalf of our own RG netchef.
As for Candy white color...its indeed a very nice color...happened to chance Red and White Fabias on the Bangalore roads this weekend..and I was very impressed...as I have seen only Silver ones here in TVM! As I had mentioned in my earlier posts...Fabia looks Fabulous in any color!!!!!

cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks