Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 19:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Special Invitation TD:Sumo Grande

Whoa..!!!! Hey guys guess what..!! and is surely an offer CANNOT be refused. A good friends, friend at TATA’s has invited me to TD the New Sumo Grande, he also asked me on getting some of my friends who are car freaks and get to give the feedback on the car after TD.I hardly have any friends, the ones I have are not so interested in cars though…so thought if I can post on T-BHP(Mods am I right here ),and some of us can (surely confirmed) come over for a first ever TD of Grande.This will be somewhere around mid of March (dates not confirmed yet) will surely post once I get the confirmation.

We will be given a chance to drive the car outside Navi Mumbai for an entire day and as well as take pics and give them an honest feedback. For what we feel after the TD.I think they would be fine with around 6-8 people (will confirm), but definitely not more than 8 of us.I will let you guys know where they are planning to keep the test drive and the place we can meet. I’ll keep this thread updated,on what feedback I am getting from them.Sounds like a mini TD meet.

Cheers..!!!!

Rame.

Last edited by ramie2400 : 1st March 2008 at 19:48.
Old 1st March 2008, 20:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

tell thm i am keen from Chennai!
Old 1st March 2008, 21:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well Ramie, can your that good friend at TATA's make a similar offer to me here in Gurgaon, as logistically it shall not be possible to be a part of your gang in Mumbai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
A good friends, friend at TATA’s has invited me to TD the New Sumo Grande, he also asked me on getting some of my friends who are car freaks

Rame.
Old 1st March 2008, 21:23   #4
BHPian

Could you plsssssss count me inn...

Hi Rameeee,

Plss count me inn, if that a possibility.

Thanx & regards
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

If there is a test drive team required in Bangalore, I am in. Hell, I want to be captain !!
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Is it that difficult to get a TD? There were a couple of Sumo Grande's in a Kolkata mall today - red and green. One of them (green) was a TD vehicle. People were taking TD's at will. Didn't interest me hence gave it a pass.
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:15   #7
Team-BHP Support

First ever TD of Grande by mid-march???

The car is available all across India, and its been almost a week since we checked out the car (Didn't do TD!). However, i think many have taken TDs already, and dealer was saying they have delivered some top-models, while lower-ones were yet to come.

EDIT: People have already driven here also.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...pressions.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/733354-post53.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/733669-post54.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/737119-post85.html

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd March 2008 at 00:21.
Old 2nd March 2008, 01:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

well frankly i dont know about its out for TD in mumbai..??since i got a call today and had a chat with my friend i told him i will be there to have a TD as the car will be with us for a whole day as said by him

Yess sir i am writing down the names for all those who are interested in the TD,there are only limited 7-8 of us are invited by them
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hi Rameeee,

Plss count me inn, if that a possibility.

Thanx & regards
Old 2nd March 2008, 20:52   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ramie, great offer! Unfortunately, I cant take you up on it as spending a full day out of Mumbai is a little difficult right now. But I hope there are a ton of you who do make it. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:21   #10
BHPian

if the plan is to TD the car somewhere in Navi Mumbai...I'm in...
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:00   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
well frankly i dont know about its out for TD in mumbai..??since i got a call today and had a chat with my friend i told him i will be there to have a TD as the car will be with us for a whole day as said by him

Yess sir i am writing down the names for all those who are interested in the TD,there are only limited 7-8 of us are invited by them

Ramie - Count me in if you can in the list of 7 to 8.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:19   #12
Team-BHP Support

The difference in this TD vis-a-vis what you get at the dealers' place may be there after all. If I am not mistaken it sounds to me like that reach-the-customer initiative that the gentleman from Tata was telling me last year about. It may very well involve a couple of brand new Sumos arranged by Tata for the whole day so that the car freak customers can test drive it and also let them understand the customers' viewpoints. It will probably be much like the moto journos' drive invites from manufacturers.
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
if the plan is to TD the car somewhere in Navi Mumbai...I'm in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
The difference in this TD vis-a-vis what you get at the dealers' place may be there after all. If I am not mistaken it sounds to me like that reach-the-customer initiative that the gentleman from Tata was telling me last year about. It may very well involve a couple of brand new Sumos arranged by Tata for the whole day so that the car freak customers can test drive it and also let them understand the customers' viewpoints. It will probably be much like the moto journos' drive invites from manufacturers.
I second with your quote zappo,that is absolutely true,the manufacturers are calling some of us thru their contacts whom they can trust on honest opinion over the car,now on official base we are getting a chance to TD a vehicle direct from the company itself..So i guess this chance is not to be loose,who knows...we might again get a chance to TD the Nano for the entire day ..wish all luck.

Guys i am writing down the names of who all are interested to be in the TD please PM me your cell nos. e-mail,i'll make a list and send it for the confirmation to my friend by next week,so some of us will be lucky to get there.

Cheers....

Ramie
Old 4th March 2008, 17:18   #14
BHPian

Hi Ramie. I am sending my details. If the list is full and quota is over still will appreciate if you let me know the venue . In that case, I ll follow in my Verna and see if I can test/ compare it with Sumo. Also, make a suggestion to your to add a Safari 4*4 alongwith this! just kidding.
Old 5th March 2008, 14:33   #15
BHPian

Hi Ramie,

I am sure you must have included my name by now as I have already shown my interest long before.

Regards,
Kailash

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks