Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2008, 02:08   #16
BHPian

Man, this is AMAZING !
I have driven around 40 kms with the needle on empty, deliberately done to gauge the efficiency. I know I am asking for trouble if there is fuel starvation and an airlock occurs, but I just couldn't help pushing the limit.
I am on A/C too,and on those broader Michelin tyres..and I did touch 90 kmph a bit. Also am talking about a bit of highway and infernal bumper to bumper traffic.
BTW, those Michelins are not retaining the initial pressures, pump them to reccommended pressures when cold and a day later they are off by 1 to 2 psi,checked digitally..anybody got a clue on this. ?
I use a digital tyre pressure gage.

can you feel the magic
Old 6th April 2008, 10:21   #17
BHPian

Next time you want to check the fuel efficiency, fill her up to the max and then drive.

I Drove 140 kms after filling her up, and the needle didn't budge from its position with a/c, 90% of the time.
Old 6th April 2008, 16:35   #18
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by palioman View Post
Man, this is AMAZING !
I have driven around 40 kms with the needle on empty, deliberately done to gauge the efficiency. I know I am asking for trouble if there is fuel starvation and an airlock occurs, but I just couldn't help pushing the limit.

BTW, those Michelins are not retaining the initial pressures, pump them to reccommended pressures when cold and a day later they are off by 1 to 2 psi,checked digitally..anybody got a clue on this. ?
I use a digital tyre pressure gage.

can you feel the magic
yes you are asking for trouble, getting an airlock is no fun. also, i thought the fuel pump will suck up sediment when the car is running near empty(dont know how true that is)

use nitrogen in your tyres. my tyre pressures have not changed in 2 months. i didnt notice any performance increase or better ride quality, but the tyre pressures are very well maintained.

Old 10th April 2008, 21:00   #19
BHPian

cracked open the swift after crossing my mandatory 1000 kms run in..btw what's with the service guys- they have overfilled the oil in the engine, am going to siphon out some with a syringe since I don't want to drain it.
I touched 120 in a short burst...and amazingly, my old Palio was more stable ( where are you sweetheart ).
ok the engine goes like it ought to, a kick in the pants post 2000rpm and then she picks up her skirt and off!
an assortment of minor rattles and a rear that threatens to step out of line at speed if i dare change maneouvres without slowing down ( this in spite of ABS and upgraded Michelin rubber )
Let me run her in some more, I really do intend to crack 160 kmph in another 500 odd kms.
Another observation..switch the aircon on and the rpm jumps by 200...so thats 200 fot the tyres and 200 for the aircon...and still averaging 16kmpl+, will keep you posted re the mileage as time goes by.

can you feel the magic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks