Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2008, 14:33   #1
BHPian

Got my Black Beauty - Hyundai i10 Magna

Finally, the wait is over and I had taken my FIRST Car –HYUNDAI I10 MAGNA on Saturday 15th March. Quite a milestone i should say.

Other options I had:
My budget was 5 lacs for a fully loaded car including ICE upto 40 K. So I had to select a car that could cost upto 4.5 lacs on road. My research started in December. Initially, i wanted to go for a second hand midsized sedan(I love big cars) - Lancer, City or Accent CRDI but pressure from family and few friends made me change my mind to some extent and non availability of good cars in my price bracket didnt help me either.
So, finally I had shortlisted these cars
1) Swift – Honestly, I love this car but just did not opt for it coz of its mileage and pricing. Diesel is way too out of my scope.
2) Ford Ikon – Liked it coz of that midsize look but lack of resale value and not such-a-good feedback from existing owners.
3) Hyundai Santro – Well within my range and value for money. Just that it lost to i10.
4) Zen Estillo/Wagor R – No no for the looks.
5) Chevrolet Spark – Matiz reloaded.. I had driven quite a lot of Matiz and I really didn’t like the driving comfort as much
6) Fiat Palio – was not really sure of the A.S.S. Though liked it for space and drive.

Why i10:
I had never thought of i10 initially, but I was just trying out the cars one after the other and came across this beauty. The reviews were good and hence decided to give it a test drive. The drive was too too comfortable and also I can say that I had taken it for the interiors. I was bowled over. I felt it was too advanced for a small car.

I10 – Whats in it actually:
Finally I got my car on Saturday – Stone Black and I felt that color really dominated all other cars at the time of delivery (may be I’m bragging too much). It really outshone the rest and it was the first black i10 that I had seen onroad. I still get those WOW msgs on my orkut about the color that I had chosen. Ofcourse, I always wanted Black and its 99% that all my cars would be black too. Lets hit the features now
Engine: Same as that of Santro and slightly higher bhp. I feel that the power should been a little more. Got used to driving my cousin’s Swift a lot. But this engine is all set to give better mileage than Santro though slightly high powered.
Interiors: Awesome. Just awesome. The beige color made a lot of difference and it really stands a class apart. Lot of leg space and AC is too good. Chills the car within less than a min.
Exteriors: You look at the car from front and it doesn’t look like a hatch. I feel the front looks like a mix of Civic and SX4 – whatever but gorgeous. From behind, it looks more or less like a santro with a little change in the boot opener.
Steering/Gear Shift: Steering is very comfortable and I can say that if you get used to this car, it would be hard to drive other cars. Gear shift positioning is quite different – cant say it’s a plus but it gives some place to put the cans/waterbottles between the seats.

Driving Experience:
Its been just 5 days and I have gone about 250 km and I should say I am happy that I made a right decision. The looks that I get when I am driving across in the busy roads of Hyderabad are worth the money that I had spent for this black beauty. EPS steering is very good. There was a problem in the gearbox at the time of delivery and the gear automatically shifts from 4th to neutral once you rev your car. This happened 7 out of 10 times and that too only in the 4th gear. Had to take the car to the Service on Monday and they corrected it. I didn’t have the time to ask them the detailed reason as I had to rush elsewhere (may be gurus will be able to explain the issue here).
I had filled in the petrol for Rs 1000 and it was back to empty within 180 kms. I was shocked but I can see the change when I had filled in for another 1000.. Will give a detailed report on mileage on my next review.

What next:
Getting the car ICEd this weekend and have to take a final look at the car. Seat covers will depend on the budget that I’ll be left over with after the ICE. Rear spoiler will be set up shortly. No plans of changing to alloys as of now.

Pros:
Can go on and on but to cut it short – Looks, Interiors and handling and the overall feel.

Cons:
Should have been more powered and more changes on the back(looks more or less like Santro).

Pricing:
4.44 lacs on road (thanks to the budget)
Talwar Hyundai
Freebies: Leather Steering Cover, Teflot coat, Body cover, door mats

I am not an expert, but this is my first review(rather experience) of the car.
Thanks a lot teambhp for the valuable inputs…

Cheers
Rav cheers:
Old 20th March 2008, 14:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rav! Enjoy the ride!

How does it behave on highways/speed driving?
Old 20th March 2008, 14:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Maverick!
UVA wasnt even under consideration? For me its the pick of the segment for anyone looking for a petrol hatch.
Old 20th March 2008, 14:56   #4
BHPian

Congrats.Enjoy your black beauty.
Old 20th March 2008, 14:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

Psot some pictures. I would like to see the black beauty. i10 would look Macho in Black. Enjoy!!
Old 20th March 2008, 15:35   #6
BHPian

Congrats Maverrick 236,

Enjoy the car and drool over the interiors.I really started liking it more and more i drive the car.Black is quite a surprise package in i10.I haven't seen any i10 on Black till today.

Good that your were able to get some accessories as freebies.Enjoy the car and update as and when you start munching more and more miles.
Old 20th March 2008, 15:37   #7
BHPian

i10 in black is simply awesome. Congrats .

Post some pictures and keep us posted on the ICEing updates
Old 20th March 2008, 15:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

congratulations. Yet another i10er. cheers
Old 20th March 2008, 15:55   #9
BHPian

Congrats Maverick 236. We demand pictures! he he.

It is a fun car to drive as I discovered when my friend gave me the keys of the first i10 in town few months back ;-)

Your gear thing reminds me of my Wagon R where it used to slip to neutral from 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears, but finally got resolved after four trips to the dealers. I wonder why it should happen in the i10 though.

Drive safe and happy.
Old 20th March 2008, 16:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats Rav! Enjoy the ride!

How does it behave on highways/speed driving?
Havent tried the highways yet coz any of the freeways is quite far off from my place.
Howver hit a 110 max a cpl of days ago in a strectch and there was no effort as such. The car was the same smooth and cud have gone more except for the traffic.

Will let you know about that too in my next review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Congrats Maverick!
UVA wasnt even under consideration? For me its the pick of the segment for anyone looking for a petrol hatch.
I like this car UVA but it was out of my price bracket initially(pre-budget). Swift was also out of it but just that I wanted to stretch just coz I'm a huge fan of Swift. BUt finally decided to go for ICE rather than prICE.

ThanQ guys..

Here are the pictures on public demand.
Will post more on Sound Off and Show Off once ICEing is done.

The Pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Got my Black Beauty - Hyundai i10 Magna-dscn2450.jpg  

Got my Black Beauty - Hyundai i10 Magna-dscn2487.jpg  

Got my Black Beauty - Hyundai i10 Magna-dscn2463.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th May 2008 at 23:35.
Old 20th March 2008, 17:54   #11
Team-BHP Support

Yummy and congratz! Enjoy the car and do update as you put in more kms.
Old 20th March 2008, 18:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pal. I think this is the first time I am seeing an black one. Do keep it shiny as new.
Old 20th March 2008, 18:37   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Maverick. i10 in Black looks a killer. Btw, i had its older sibling ( Black Santro) and absolutely loved its ownership experience. I covered 35K in 3 years without a single "flat" and boy was i impressed.

Looks like you took the delivery of the car from Talwar, Jubilee Hills. I got my Viva from the same showroom. Again fantastic buying and owning experience until now, at least.
Old 20th March 2008, 19:18   #14
BHPian

Thanks Jaggu and Jkdas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Maverick. i10 in Black looks a killer. Btw, i had its older sibling ( Black Santro) and absolutely loved its ownership experience. I covered 35K in 3 years without a single "flat" and boy was i impressed.

Looks like you took the delivery of the car from Talwar, Jubilee Hills. I got my Viva from the same showroom. Again fantastic buying and owning experience until now, at least.
Yes, Its from Talwar, jubilee hills.
Rider was mentioning abt you. We had some plans to catch up with you initially about 2 weeks back and unfortunately didnt happen.
Looking fwd to meet you soon.
Thanks cheers:
Old 20th March 2008, 21:01   #15
BHPian

Congrats Maverick! That is a black beauty, enjoy the drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks