Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 11:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

After Gopal's post, Im sure he'd be happy not to read the run-in advice.
The Fiesta 1.6 is the best driver's car below the Cedia.And India being India, one should get a mouth-watering discount if bargained hard.
Old 25th March 2008, 15:41   #17

Congrats Gopal for your new car. Hope you are enjoying each and every moment with it. The FE u r getting is good. Keep on posting about the performance and FE of your new companion as you grow with it.

BTW, did u get any discount from ur dealer?
In pune OTR of this model is 7.08 lac. But presently they are offering 22k discount on this for this month.

Can any of the 1.6 P Fiesta owners please tell what may be the difference in FE for 1.4 P and 1.6 P? It is understood from other threads that it should be around 1-2 per KM. Is it correct?

-Kanchan
Old 25th March 2008, 16:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on an excellent choice, she will bring many a smile to your face. Nice pic with the clouds as the backdrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal.putrevu View Post
The beast simply doesn't accept to go at normal speeds.
First time I've heard a Fiesta being addressed that way but do agree that its an adrenalin rush that cannot quite be described - only those who've experienced it will know!
Old 25th March 2008, 20:03   #19
Team-BHP Support

Congratz and enjoy the car, dont worry too much now on the run in, thanks to modern engineering. Just moderate the way you raise the RPM
Old 25th March 2008, 20:36   #20
BHPian

CONGRATS on your new Fiesta 1.6. I can understand your joy of driving it at high speeds. It becomes an addiction which is worth it. Enjoy!
Old 26th March 2008, 00:59   #21
BANNED

Hi,

Yes there are free accessories this month (info. on their website also - March Masti). 1.6 free accessories include - fog lamps kit, kenwood music sys. & nippon speakers, antenna, rear spoiler. Further, I got a corporate dicsount of 15K (not all cash discount though).
Old 26th March 2008, 01:03   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz and enjoy the car, dont worry too much now on the run in, thanks to modern engineering. Just moderate the way you raise the RPM
Most on this forum have asked to worry on run-in. I checked the manual, it doesn't mention any speeds. It says, "avoid brisk driving". I guess even Ford is convinced its difficult to control the beast. But with current driving restricted to city - am unable to cross the 60 mark.
Old 26th March 2008, 09:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal.putrevu View Post
Most on this forum have asked to worry on run-in. I checked the manual, it doesn't mention any speeds. It says, "avoid brisk driving". I guess even Ford is convinced its difficult to control the beast. But with current driving restricted to city - am unable to cross the 60 mark.
Yes, Just keep the acceleration slow and dont floor it hard and you can have a happy time with the "Beast" for a long time to come

Man, you have so many roads in chennai where you can touch 80-100. But legal speed limit is 40kmph. so stick with it
Old 26th March 2008, 11:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Driving at varying speeds is good for the first 2000 kms. In cities, you will automatically be doing this.
But despite not being mentioned in the manual, please don't rip 'er till 2000 kms on the odo. I am sure it will serve you for a long time that way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks