Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2008, 20:32   #1
BHPian

Chevy Spark

Hi guys. I got a new Chevy Spark for my dad as his b'day gift. Posting it a little late though I got it on 1st of April.
Chevy Spark-dsc00942er0.jpg
Chevy Spark-dsc00943ip8.jpg
Thought of Santro, i10, WagonR and Spark. My dad doesnt like hyundai a lot and I dont like WagonR. So went for a test drive of sprak.
Went to Orange Auto for TD, the reception was good and did the TD for about 6kms.

My TD Review:
This is a very compact car to look at but not to seat. It accommodates 4 people very easily.
1)silent engine,
2)easy driving,
3)peppy,
4)I love my CHEVY
5)No more comments.

Thought for a while, talked to few friends and decided on spark.

Done 650kms till now and I gotta say, this thing handles very smoothly on highways at speeds like 80 - 100kmph and also bumpy roads.
The only thing I felt a disturbing thing was the gear shift. didnt feel it was smooth enough.
At last, my dad loved the car and he is happy. Im getting a mileage of 14kmpl with 100%AC on. the car I got is Spark LT, got a discount of 50k and the OTR price was 397759 after discount with 3years/100000kms warranty.(not sure about 100000kms the rep was going on blah blah!)
Old 6th April 2008, 21:34   #2
BHPian

nice choice of colour. congrats on your new car purchase.
Is the the 3 year thing complete cashless?? like they advertise in the papers?
Old 6th April 2008, 21:36   #3
BHPian

Congrats dude on getting the Spark and welcome to our club . True, it's a very smooth car and you will find comments by lots of happy owners (including myself) in many other threads.

On another note, yesterday, I got to experience the safety too of this beauty. Was doing around 70 along the smooth KBR Park road when suddenly this traffic police vehicle(!) juts in through a cutting without even honking or waiting to see the oncoming traffic. I immediately stepped on the brake and my Sparky came to a halt within a few feet with no fish-tailing, no noise, no drama whatsoever. I'll be more careful from now on but good to know that I'm driving not just a cute car, but a pretty robust one too.
Old 6th April 2008, 22:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice choice pal!

Congrats to you & ur Dad! Enjoy driving!
Old 6th April 2008, 22:25   #5
BHPian

Congats for the new car .It surely look cute in pics!

Quote:
I got is Spark LT, got a discount of 50k and the OTR price was 397759 after discount with 3years/100000kms warranty.(not sure about 100000kms the rep was going on blah blah!)
Did you get your self LT version or LT with Optional pack?

The exshowroom of LT is [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2] Rs.378729 so do you mean they gave you 50 k discount which brings the Exshowroom price to Rs 328729

I think they charged you extra for the latest offer that is cashless £ yaer warrenty

Can you plz make clear the break up of your OTR Price

Thanks!
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 6th April 2008, 23:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Congrats dude on getting the Spark and welcome to our club . True, it's a very smooth car and you will find comments by lots of happy owners (including myself) in many other threads.

On another note, yesterday, I got to experience the safety too of this beauty. Was doing around 70 along the smooth KBR Park road when suddenly this traffic police vehicle(!) juts in through a cutting without even honking or waiting to see the oncoming traffic. I immediately stepped on the brake and my Sparky came to a halt within a few feet with no fish-tailing, no noise, no drama whatsoever. I'll be more careful from now on but good to know that I'm driving not just a cute car, but a pretty robust one too.
Thanks devnull. I like this car very much but the most iportant thing is, my dad liked this a looooottt!!!
no worries dude you got a SPARKY. it'll take care of things .
just kidding. drive safe and be careful dude. by the way I want few clarifications from you regarding the ICE setup in this. any suggestions or recommendations on specific installers?? what ICE do you have in you car

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
nice choice of colour. congrats on your new car purchase.
Is the the 3 year thing complete cashless?? like they advertise in the papers?
Thanks netarchie. I think so. there wasn't any mention of warranty or something like that in the price quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Nice choice pal!

Congrats to you & ur Dad! Enjoy driving!
Thanks buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhalsa View Post
Congats for the new car .It surely look cute in pics!

Did you get your self LT version or LT with Optional pack?

The exshowroom of LT is [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2] Rs.378729 so do you mean they gave you 50 k discount which brings the Exshowroom price to Rs 328729[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think they charged you extra for the latest offer that is cashless £ yaer warrenty [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Can you plz make clear the break up of your OTR Price[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks![/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Thanks dude I got LT without optional pack. isnt the price 378729 for non-metallic colour?? I dont know how much would they charge extra for metallic colours
I think they charged me for the cashless 3 year warranty.

Ex + Ins + Tax + Chrgs+ Reg
349750+10234+31595+3500+2500 = 397579 (correction in my previous post)
Old 7th April 2008, 00:49   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dude I got LT without optional pack. isnt the price 378729 for non-metallic colour?? I dont know how much would they charge extra for metallic colours
I think they charged me for the cashless 3 year warranty.

Ex + Ins + Tax + Chrgs+ Reg
349750+10234+31595+3500+2500 = 397579 (correction in my previous post)
Thanks Dude for the quick reply ! Even though they might have charged you for the 3 year warranty but still you got a very sweet deal . Yes Metalic color cost more in Spark so effectively you got discount of about 35 - 40 k plus the 3 year warranty ( cahless) so its a great deal
Actually I have one friend who is looking for his first car so I was interested in the detail pricing and hopefully it will cost even 20 k less in punjab as I dont think we pay so much Tax upfront here , So thanks for the help and sure it makes a very Cute Gift . even I now think of doing this for my parents.( gifting them a white Spark!)

Jatinder Singh
Old 8th April 2008, 10:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezereo View Post
by the way I want few clarifications from you regarding the ICE setup in this. any suggestions or recommendations on specific installers?? what ICE do you have in you car
Well, I don't think I am the right person to advice on this as my preferences were to have a decent ICE setup and wasn't looking for any state of the art stuff. I went for a Kenwood HU with USB drive support (7K bucks). The front speakers are of Kenwood only and the rear ones are of Blaupunkt. Totally it cost me around 14k, if I remember correctly. I must say I am quite happy with the setup - the audio quality is very good and clear. Others have also praised it. But it may not blast the heart beats out of people if that's what you are expecting from your ICE. BTW, I got this installed from Orange Auto itself as they gave me all this funda about how these systems are customised towards Sparks socket sizes and bla bla and that others will not work - not sure how true that was.

And regarding your concern about the gear shift - yes, initially it's a bit cranky and the rear gear is especially troublesome as it does not fall in at times and gives a very bad noise when you release the clutch. But trust me, after a few months and the first service, the gear box will be smooth like butter. Chevy Spark is turning out to be the alternative phrase for "smooth". :-)
Old 8th April 2008, 14:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Well, I don't think I am the right person to advice on this as my preferences were to have a decent ICE setup and wasn't looking for any state of the art stuff. I went for a Kenwood HU with USB drive support (7K bucks). The front speakers are of Kenwood only and the rear ones are of Blaupunkt. Totally it cost me around 14k, if I remember correctly. I must say I am quite happy with the setup - the audio quality is very good and clear. Others have also praised it. But it may not blast the heart beats out of people if that's what you are expecting from your ICE. BTW, I got this installed from Orange Auto itself as they gave me all this funda about how these systems are customised towards Sparks socket sizes and bla bla and that others will not work - not sure how true that was.

And regarding your concern about the gear shift - yes, initially it's a bit cranky and the rear gear is especially troublesome as it does not fall in at times and gives a very bad noise when you release the clutch. But trust me, after a few months and the first service, the gear box will be smooth like butter. Chevy Spark is turning out to be the alternative phrase for "smooth". :-)
Thanks devnull. i was thinking of getting a pio HU and JBL speakers. and Thanks a lot about assuring about the gear-shift problem.
Old 8th April 2008, 18:17   #10
BHPian

Congrats!!! I can assure you that you will not regret buying this car.The color looks awesome.
Old 8th April 2008, 18:58   #11
BHPian

Awsome colour dude..The car is a cracking VFM. Enjoy the ride.
Old 8th April 2008, 22:03   #12
BANNED

Congrats on your new buy,

Coming from the matiz back ground, i've always felt chevy has winner on its hand.

Owning a 2001 Matiz i know how the new Spark can be with all new engine and interiors.

Yes the new Spark has got a great engine and performs damn neat.

Its better than the phasing out Santro and the Wagon R in terms of reliability and refinement.

With such a silent car with great handling and a great ac,i know how dads feel

Great driving dude.
Old 8th April 2008, 22:44   #13
BHPian

Congrates on your new buy. How is the milage? Any idea?
Old 8th April 2008, 23:26   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congrats on your new buy,

Coming from the matiz back ground, i've always felt chevy has winner on its hand.

Owning a 2001 Matiz i know how the new Spark can be with all new engine and interiors.

Yes the new Spark has got a great engine and performs damn neat.

Its better than the phasing out Santro and the Wagon R in terms of reliability and refinement.

With such a silent car with great handling and a great ac,i know how dads feel

Great driving dude.
thanks buddy. its an amazing car with a very silent engine having good response. my dad is in love with my gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Congrates on your new buy. How is the milage? Any idea?
Thanks buddy. I did 900kms till now and its giving me 14 with 100% AC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks