Team-BHP - Tata Safari Dicor 2.2VTT Cycus Grey LX
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Tata Safari Dicor 2.2VTT Cycus Grey LX (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/38238-tata-safari-dicor-2-2vtt-cycus-grey-lx.html)

HI,
First of all i would like to thank team BHP and the members for with their feedbacks and discussions, in a way helped me decide to buy this vehicle /beast (sounds like an award speach .)

I my safari on 20/03/08 in mysore from .on time with all promised accessories .this is my first owned car i feel very happy and proud .never felt its too big in Bangalore traffic may like other owners used to say..people give respect to the beast on road (it true as i had also used alto for some time & could see the difference ).

its about 20 days now and I have driven it for about 1600+ kms.without any trouble .

drove from Bangalore-Kuduremukh (westernghats -Karnataka) -shiradi ghats- Bangalore
(Shiradi ghat is a good place to teast drive suvs u can hardly find road there )
it was fully packed with 6 passengers and lugguage ..and covered almost 860 kms in 2 days.
the surprising factor was I got almosat 14.5 km/lt with A/c & blower level 2/3 all the time .
got it serviced yesterday . got a big shock when i saw the bill
Rs 184 ? (only oil top ups in First free service ,is it true?)

i was checking the manual and its little confusing for me. is engine oil be replaced during the first service?

Hey Welcome to the Safari Club. So another one bites the dust (Sorry.. Safari:D)
And nice choice of colour (I have the sameclap:). Do Post some pictures.

It is now almost 6 months since the launch of the Safari and we are still debating as to whether the Oil is to be changed at the 1st service.

Avanish .. From what I have understood from this forum, we have decided not to agree to a single decision on "Whether to change the Oil at the 1st Service" and hence I can only say that I have changed mine.

Congrats avanish! :-)

Any pictures of your ride?

Congrats Avinash! With the number of people succumbing to the Safari on this forum, I dont think I can hold out much longer. Took a test drive of the 2.2 some time ack and must say I was surprised at how easy to drive it was considering the sheer size of the thing clap:. Please post some photographs of the Cycus Grey LX.

Congrats AP on ur new buy!
I was at my 1st service with my VVt 2.2 and the service advisor told me that 1st oil change is at 15000. However i insisted that the oil & filter be changed which was promptly done by them.
Regardless of what the company recommends, it is in your own best interest to change engine oil @ 1500 or before since your new engine is being run in. You can feel the difference too after ur first oil change and it will certainly benifit your new engine.

Congrats! Awaiting pics!
I just checked out an EX at Total on Sarjapura Road. Have not been able to re-read all the Safari threads since :) Its very very appealing, though the head (and finances) say no!

Congrats Avinash !!

fantastic choice of vehicle and color. happy driving. do post pics. what accessories did u get ?

congrats mate. drive safely and have fun :)

So...lots of guys going in for a Safari these days - at least on TBhp! Hmmm...

Congrats Avanish! The numbers quoted by you are very excellent.
Guys, can a Petes Tuning box be fitted on safari 2.2?

Congrats Avanish, on your new car. Off late many small car owners seem to be falling for the Safari. From all the experiences posted here, looks like the Safari 2.2 has pushed the Scorpio Mhawk to a a distant second.

:D Its surely raining Safaris at TBHP !

Congrats. My second option was Cyrus Grey. Nice color. Funny name though as it looks like a shade of green.

Oil change at 15000, 2nd service; says the manual.

Nice mileage.

Congrats for the Safari 2.2l

Oil change is at 15k or 1 year whichever comes earlier.

Hi Avinash,
Great that you have joined the safari club.

By the way, I have got a call from EXPLORER CLUB,day before yesterday.They said they are couriering the EXPLORER CLUB card and the ID and PASSWORD.But,I havnt got it yet.

Has any one got it?????

hey thanks guys.!

got a call from tata customer service about the feedback on the I service .
they told that oil change is not needed at the first service but it needs to be done within 5000 km.

but as u guys said its better to change it to keep the engine healthy .
i have uploaded few images .

accessories . not much just sunfilm and seatcover and other small things like floor mats.etc.