Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 17:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
i would seriously suggest the Scorpio LX - Ive bought that and actually chose it very easily over the Fusion Plus TDCI and the Safari VTT 2.2 both of which Ive reviewed on this site...
Yeah, or even the Scorpio LX, if that's one's preferences. Ford seems to have a disconnect with the positioning and the pricing in the context of the options available in the market, dont you think? 'Coz otherwise the fusion tdci is a good vehicle if you can consider it ignoring the pricing.
Old 22nd April 2008, 01:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

ABS with EBD, 15" Alloys, Height adjustable driver seat, free mp3 player across the range and electrically controlled external rear view mirrors are the new selling points.

The range starts with 1.6 from 5.77 to 6.84 for the TDCI plus.

Information taken from Ford India
Old 22nd April 2008, 07:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
ABS with EBD, 15" Alloys, Height adjustable driver seat, free mp3 player across the range and electrically controlled external rear view mirrors are the new selling points.

The range starts with 1.6 from 5.77 to 6.84 for the TDCI plus.

Information taken from Ford India

True, and I actually like the fusion a lot. It feels like a well thought out and practical vehicle. But the TDCi + still translates to ~8.25L OTR in Bangalore and Mumbai. If your usage is not restricted to the city, there are better alternatives in the market for that price range.
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
True, and I actually like the fusion a lot. It feels like a well thought out and practical vehicle. But the TDCi + still translates to ~8.25L OTR in Bangalore and Mumbai. If your usage is not restricted to the city, there are better alternatives in the market for that price range.
Exactly this was the reason why I decided against the Fusion+. No doubt, it looks good on paper as a complete package. But still they are missing on integrated stereo and Airbags (like Fiesta SXi).

I still dont understand why this is still so expensive even though it has now become sub 4 mtrs?

To be on the practical side, I compared TDCi+ with Dzire ZDi

The price difference - Close to 55K
Feature difference - Integrated Stereo, Climate control, Airbags in Dzire and electric mirrors you get in Fusion.
The advantage - MARUTI A S S

I feel ford is killing this super hatch by wrong pricing. They need to get OTR below 8 for TDCi+.
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

whoa! 1.50 lacs for just the taxes, insurance, RTO and registration? there's must be a mistake.

Plus they are giving the car audio pre-installed as per the ford website.
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
whoa! 1.50 lacs for just the taxes, insurance, RTO and registration? there's must be a mistake.

Plus they are giving the car audio pre-installed as per the ford website.
Clarification: Just called up Cauvery Ford in Bangalore, the OTR price here is 7.95L. Now just where did the 8.25L pricing come from?

Anyways, that might just turn the argument in its favour. Or does it?
Old 15th June 2008, 12:01   #22
BHPian

The OTR price for Fusion + TDCi in Trivandrum is approx 7.5 lakhs... it seems great VFM when comparing to the Fiesta SXi which retails for 9.11 Lakhs OTR... all that is missing is about 150 ltrs of boot space and airbags.. which I can live without.

so the fusion + D is surely vfm, atleast for me.
Old 15th June 2008, 12:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
The OTR price for Fusion + TDCi in Trivandrum is approx 7.5 lakhs... it seems great VFM when comparing to the Fiesta SXi which retails for 9.11 Lakhs OTR... all that is missing is about 150 ltrs of boot space and airbags.. which I can live without.

so the fusion + D is surely vfm, atleast for me.

That is exactly my thought. You get everything in a fiesta but the bigger boot and airbags, for a lot less. And a better ground clearance, bigger tyres, better city driveability, and if you like the styling - all the more better.

I will be picking up one - just waiting to see if there will be a miracle pricing for the new facelifted fiesta this week before I sign the cheque for fusion.

Btw, the boot size difference is only 93 litres.

Last edited by Glass : 15th June 2008 at 12:48.
Old 22nd June 2008, 10:51   #24
BHPian

Hi, would anyone know if Fusion + also carries any improvements around "sound insulation" and "Ride / Handling" etc, or are these the same when compared with the old Fusion TDCi? What i mean is that additonal features like: ABS, electric ORVMs etc kept aside - is the driving experience exactly the same between Fusion TDCi and Fusion TDCi plus?
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitbhanu View Post
Hi, would anyone know if Fusion + also carries any improvements around "sound insulation" and "Ride / Handling" etc, or are these the same when compared with the old Fusion TDCi? What i mean is that additonal features like: ABS, electric ORVMs etc kept aside - is the driving experience exactly the same between Fusion TDCi and Fusion TDCi plus?
I have taken multiple test drives of Fusion and Fiesta over the last few months with comparison of these two things in mind - ride quality, sound insulation. I have even gone to the yard of the dealer and revved a brand new fusion diesel and fiesta diesel several times. I rode these two over the exact same bumps with all ears.
I felt the horn sound is more audible in Fusion and I will check if there is a better position to place the horn. Except that, I have found no significant difference between the two and I have picked up a Fusion plus just yesterday. But then my ears may not be the best! cheers:
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:54   #26
BHPian

Hey Glass - Congratulations on your purchase, you would have purchased a Fusion Diesel i presume? I am also planning to purchase a new 4 wheeler in the next 6 months and Fusion + Diesel is in the shortlist. Will look forward to your detailed review and pictures of your new car.

Most Viewed