Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 13:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
with all wheel drive and diesel driven so it is certainly better (IMO) than the CR V
Might be better than a CR-V but both are ultimately soft-roaders.
Old 18th April 2008, 19:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
with all wheel drive and diesel driven so it is certainly better (IMO) than the CR V
Incorrect. If my memory serves me right, the Tucon AWD works only until something like 40 kph, higher than which it is back to 2WD.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Incorrect. If my memory serves me right, the Tucon AWD works only until something like 40 kph, higher than which it is back to 2WD.

I took a TD of Tucson and CR-V this weekend...
Here is a catch that makes Tucson better than CR-V IMO:
Tucson has a button on the dash - if you press it, the car locks into 4x4 mode (may be it locks only below 40kmph, but then why would you drive in 4x4 mode at high speeds?).

CR-V has no button or lever to go into 4x4 mode: you just have to "believe" that it would go into 4x4 mode "if and when required". If there is a status indicator on the cluster somewhere then I don't know (as we could never go into a 4x4 situation during the TD). At least there is no control...

BTW, took Tucson to an unbelievable piece of land (a construction site on a hill slope) and Tucson held on impressively. We locked the 4x4 mode and took on some big lumps, rocks and craters and there was no drama...!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 1st December 2008 at 19:45.
Old 1st December 2008, 19:47   #19
BHPian

Its an old thread here anandpadhye!
Is the Tucson still available???
I thought it was discontinued about 6- 8 months back ( was told so by HMP, Delhi).
If its still available, then at what price?
Old 1st December 2008, 20:00   #20
BHPian

I own a Hyundai Tucson and i can tell you its off-road capabilities are very good. I remember climbing a sand dune with a BMW x5 and Tucson and I can tell you that the tucson performed as good as the x5. I know some people must be thinking I am crazy comparing a x5 and a Tucson. If you are interested in the Tucson, contact me. Maybe we can work out a deal.
Old 1st December 2008, 20:50   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
I own a Hyundai Tucson and i can tell you its off-road capabilities are very good. I remember climbing a sand dune with a BMW x5 and Tucson and I can tell you that the tucson performed as good as the x5. I know some people must be thinking I am crazy comparing a x5 and a Tucson. If you are interested in the Tucson, contact me. Maybe we can work out a deal.

Hey, that would be simply great if you could help me get a used Tucson.
I just PM'ed you.

And yes @car_crazy1400, Tucson is still sold...around 20 lacks on road in Pune, which is a little beyond my budget right now.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 1st December 2008 at 20:51.
Old 4th December 2008, 07:53   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Buying a used Tucson - need advice

I have found a Tucson in the used car market within my budget.
Need advice on how to get it inspected and ownership documents verified...

Please suggest.

I am going to take it to Kothari Hyundai workshop today, but will they check it thoroughly nad let me know the possible maintenance work coming up in near future?

Does anyone know anybody in Hyundai/dealer network in Pune?

Please help.

MODS: I am not allowed to create a new thread!!!! Please....why???
SOmething has gone wrong with my TBHP account permissions. Please allow this topic as a new thread as I need advice very fast. Thanks!!!
Old 4th December 2008, 08:10   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
And yes @car_crazy1400, Tucson is still sold...around 20 lacks on road in Pune, which is a little beyond my budget right now.
Now that, as others have said, is the reason why Tuscon would not sell. Hyundai got its pricing all wrong.

Have driven Tuscon for off-roading in sand and lake beds. Was highly impressed and with a diesel tank of 80ltrs you got a 1000+km range. Before I brought GV I was seriously looking at Tuscon but apart from pricing also held back because:
1. AFAIK it is no longer in production. Check for production date if dealerships are trying to push as new.
2. Feeling of solid build was missing.
3. No "high/low" selection so limited off-roading capability.

Two Safari's for price of one Tuscon just does not cut it.
Old 4th December 2008, 08:14   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I have found a Tucson in the used car market within my budget.
Check on availability and pricing of parts like windscreen, brake drums, suspension parts, filters. Even pre-owned cars would need these from time to time. Methinks unless you are getting a damn good deal seriously look at alternatives.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:08   #25
BHPian

Well Dosent the Tucson have the same Hyundai Elentra engine? And yes the Tucson is still available as per order, got to book it and it wud be delivered in 20-25days time thats what my friendly neighbourhood Hyundai dealer says. Big discounts on offer as well on it.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:23   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Well Dosent the Tucson have the same Hyundai Elentra engine? And yes the Tucson is still available as per order, got to book it and it wud be delivered in 20-25days time thats what my friendly neighbourhood Hyundai dealer says. Big discounts on offer as well on it.

Yes, Tucson is still sold and would be delivered in one to three weeks depending upon color.

But,

Discounts?
How much?

When I enquired about the new one, they said the dealer only gets 40,000 margin on Tucson so they would pass on 30,000 out of that as a discount to me!

30,000 discount on 20 lacks car is nothing, hence I am going for used one...:-(
Old 4th December 2008, 16:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Check on availability and pricing of parts like windscreen, brake drums, suspension parts, filters. Even pre-owned cars would need these from time to time. Methinks unless you are getting a damn good deal seriously look at alternatives.

How about 9.5 lacks for an Oct'2005 Tucson (59,000KM on odo)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks