Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 02:02   #16
BHPian

i would say buying a vtec+ at this point in time is seriously not a good decision because

1) there are other carslike SX4 with more features, safety options which cost way less than a vtec+

2) if you say the normal vtec was not good because it costs 60000 less and has less safety, then why did you not think about civic which costs around 70000 more and is a way more better car than city

3) as we all car enthusiasts know, honda is going to be launching a new verson of city really soon, maybe even by end of 2008. so resale value would dip significantly and also you would be left with a peice of history that costs 10+lakhs
Old 20th April 2008, 10:49   #17
BANNED

Hey, Indica with ABS/Airbags has all the features of SX4 for half its price. Do you recommend that too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmob View Post
1) there are other carslike SX4 with more features, safety options which cost way less than a vtec+
Civic costs 2 lakhs more. Its bigger, more powerful than NHC. Many may not need that.
Quote:
2) if you say the normal vtec was not good because it costs 60000 less and has less safety, then why did you not think about civic which costs around 70000 more and is a way more better car than city
What if the need of car is NOW, not few months later?
Quote:
3) as we all car enthusiasts know, honda is going to be launching a new verson of city really soon, maybe even by end of 2008. so resale value would dip significantly and also you would be left with a peice of history that costs 10+lakhs
Old 20th April 2008, 11:22   #18
BHPian

Thanks for your wishes and here are my replies

Phamilyman: how come it doesn’t say SRS airbags anywhere inside the car, on dash etc?

It does say on dashboard (passenger side) and on steering wheel. May be it was masked by my poor photography

Karandeep81: how much did it actually pinch now that you had the corporate lease?

Its EMI based..so, it’s a matter of 4k more a month now compared to SX4 or Ford Sxi

narayan: i did see a few CITYs with this type of spoiler...was wondering whether it’s an after market one - so this is standard with the top end VTEC is it ??

Yes. It is standard for Vtec now

narayan: im not sure how much difference SUN FILM would make to your mileage ..any improvement due to a/c usage would be nullified by the additional weight of sun film ur carrying !!

It is funny. I think you said it on the lighter side.
This is HYD and it is summer. So, sun film will really help

kkdelhi: If that's the way you are going to describe it, things surely aren't looking good for the SX4. But you do agree that Fiesta and SX4 are at par with the City on other features described by you?

I did like both SX4 and Ford Sxi. They are rich in features and safe like City. But, Honda stands out in terms of interiors and sheer feel of luxury. You feel that this car is worth 10lakhs after you sit inside and drive. This is not the case of SX4 or Fiesta. I could not appreciate the fact that I need to spend 8 lakhs on those cars...many may not like this statement. But, this is purely my personal opinion..

jkdas: Just curious, did you TD a Cedia?

No. I wanted to buy a popular one. Just not in the mood to take any risks or do experiments. I did read good reviews on this car.

Joy Ghose: 1) Any reason why you did not consider the Verna Diesel?I test drove Verna Diesel. It is a very good car. But, the car with ABS costs 9.4 lakhs on road in HYD. It does not have air bags. So, felt 10 lakhs for a Honda with all safety options would be a right choice. More over, I drive around 10kms only everyday.

2)`How is the torque curve in this engine? Is it peaking at mid-level or needs to be grilled o the top?

I feel power at lower levels(particualrly for lower gears) is same as Santro. I don't feel much of a difference. Once you reach close to 2K RPM, it shows its real character. It’s very good afterwards. Smooth, powerful and no need to floor the accelerator much. I am still running the car in. So, not revving it hard.

Cool mob: 1) there are other carslike SX4 with more features, safety options which cost way less than a vtec+

I explained this part already…I was not fully impressed, particularly the cost vs brand/look and feel part.

Civic costs almost 2.5 lakhs more than Vtec plus. City serves my purpose well. So, I did not consider Civic

Honda always retained its value, even through new model launches. Particularly Vtecs. So, I did not think much. More over I was in need of car after relocating to HYD

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th April 2008 at 12:09. Reason: removed font size color tags
Old 20th April 2008, 11:36   #19
BHPian

Mallikarjun,

Congrats on your purchase. I too have the same car and it
is great. Though lots of people will recommend the SX4 they
haven't really experienced the difference in the interiors of
the VTec+. I have yet to meet a person who hasn't loved the
car once they took a ride in it.
How come you are getting only 10+ mileage. I routinely get
12-13.

Enjoy your new car.
Old 21st April 2008, 15:49   #20
BHPian

I am getting between 10 and 11. Would improve after the first service I guess. How old is your car?
Old 21st April 2008, 16:56   #21
BHPian

COngrats on ur new buy.....the interior finish is very good.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy. The car will just rock for sure. Will wait for your long term reports. Nice pics too.

Last edited by snaronikar : 21st April 2008 at 17:35.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
I am getting between 10 and 11. Would improve after the first service I guess. How old is your car?
My car is almost 6 months old now. It is due for the third service this week.
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:40   #24
BHPian

Have you gone in for any upgrades/Changes? Did you take it from Sundaram or Pride?
Old 25th April 2008, 17:33   #25
BHPian

No, I havent done any changes. I took it from Sundaram.
Old 26th April 2008, 14:54   #26
BHPian

congrats mallikarjun on ur new car
Old 26th April 2008, 15:10   #27
BHPian

mallikarjun, could you please share the ICE details of the car?
Old 26th April 2008, 16:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Mallikarjun, congrats on your new vtec. I too had vtec on my list last year, but preferred the Fiesta 1.6 sxi, as I felt it had more attention to detail on the inside of the car. I also felt paying a lac more for the vtec, without airbags and abs at that time, was not worth it.
The only thing I liked the vtec was more room, esp at the rear.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:41   #29
BHPian

Re: My new Honda City Vtec Plus - 400kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Mallikarjun - I apologise for bringing an old thread back to life, but I just bought a city myself and was wondering whether I would be stuck with a mileage between 10 and 11 all my life. I'm curious to know the mileage of you car in the last 3 year journey. Do let meknow. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks