Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2008, 09:44   #61
Team-BHP Support

Few more things I noticed about the car. Spare wheel is a steel one and not an alloy. There are no side step strips on any of the doors. Boot carpeting is very average quality. Inside the spare wheel well the welding joints are not painted.

Engine is just amazing. The performance is just fantastic. 2nd gear 100kmph is like a walk in the park. VGR steering needs getting used to. With a minute touch on the wheel the car changes lane like an Alto. While making a U-turn it is very easy to turn in early and hit the rear wheel to the kerb as the VGR steering makes the wheel turn more than the steering input i.e. not proportianal.

For a car cost costing 20.4L onroad in bangalore the features missing and the cost cutting is glaring. No trip computer, no xenons, no audio controls on steering and the cost cutting measures mentioned earlier means it's not as VFM as one thinks.

Honda isn't even giving discounts. They just said we will give you 15K worth of accessories free.
Old 28th December 2008, 15:17   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Post 3000rpm or any firm push on the pedal results in an insane amount of intake growl/whine. This is sporty but very intrusive into the otherwise quiet cabin.
Spot on with that observation. As the revvs climb, the engine takes a distinctly raspy note.....and one that filters into the cabin. Good for enthusiasts, no?

I am still very impressed with the Accord. It has some flaws, yes, but the pros far outweigh the cons. The Accord offers a brilliant ownership experience.
Old 28th December 2008, 21:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Spot on with that observation. As the revvs climb, the engine takes a distinctly raspy note.....and one that filters into the cabin. Good for enthusiasts, no?
I drive my Civic in S mode just for that Japanese scream. Keeping the car around 3500-5000 RPM range and blipping the throttle is one of the biggest pleasures I have right now. Turns heads and gives me instant shots of adrenaline, at the touch of my right feet.
Old 28th December 2008, 22:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

generally i think the spare wheel was made in steel because this is kinda a reminder lets take an example if ur car gets punctured you will change to the spare and drive if your spare is different from the other wheels it will look ugly and you will automatically repair your orignal wheel and mount it.. so that if you forget to repair the wheel you will be stuck without a spare..
other reason might be company wanted to save money on extra alloys!!
well this is only my view dont know if its correct..
even my palio factory alloys only 4 of them come spare is steel..if im not mistaken some mercs have it(atleast i have seen steel rim mercs running some times )
Old 28th December 2008, 22:13   #65
Senior - BHPian

wouldn't a spare steel wheel add extra weight ? Or is it smaller and weaker. Most non-premium cars do have smaller steel wheels abroad which is fine.
Old 28th December 2008, 22:22   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
generally i think the spare wheel was made in steel because this is kinda a reminder lets take an example if ur car gets punctured you will change to the spare and drive if your spare is different from the other wheels it will look ugly and you will automatically repair your orignal wheel and mount it.. so that if you forget to repair the wheel you will be stuck without a spare..
Before the Accord, all Honda cars sold in India with alloys as standard fit always came with 5 alloys & not 4. I suppose that was one of the reasons why Viddy commented on the same. But, I prefer 5 alloys. It keeps the symmetry going even in case of a puncture.
Old 29th December 2008, 01:27   #67
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support: Please use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. SMS is not the preferred mode of communication. Thanks!

iraghava its not about symmetry its about precaution if ur spare was matching with the rest of the car when theres a puncture and change to the spare you obviously(atleast i do that) wont run to the repair shop to get the tyre repaired..you will do wat you started off to do and sometimes people tend to forget to repair the tyre and by any chance there is another puncture your stranded then w/o a spare.well in the same case if you had an ugly wheel spoling your cars looks you will get it changed ASAP.
again this is my view on the reason for a steel spare wheel
Old 29th December 2008, 10:04   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
well this is only my view dont know if its correct..
even my palio factory alloys only 4 of them come spare is steel..if im not mistaken some mercs have it(atleast i have seen steel rim mercs running some times )
Our Baleno spare is alloy wheel. Offering steel wheel as spare is nothing but making a joke. If its a small thing, then why Honda could not sort it out in the first place and give alloy wheel as spare. And the car is not costing less, its around Rs. 20 lakh and at this price this is not acceptable. Its not that the expensive car wont need a spare.
Old 14th December 2022, 17:16   #69
BHPian

Re: Tested & Ripped : 2008 Honda Accord

We have a 2010 Accord which has done 40K kms... Did the service at Honda and they mentioned changing the fuel filter.. It is a 2.4L manual. They didn't have it in stock so will need to go again.

Is the interval 40K for fuel filter?

Also what would be a good petrol additive to be used occasionally.. Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 19:24   #70
BHPian

Re: Tested & Ripped : 2008 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
We have a 2010 Accord which has done 40K kms... Did the service at Honda and they mentioned changing the fuel filter.. It is a 2.4L manual. They didn't have it in stock so will need to go again.

Is the interval 40K for fuel filter?

Also what would be a good petrol additive to be used occasionally.. Thanks
I have a 2008 Honda Accord 2.4 L AT. The 2010 and 2008 variant as per my understanding are pretty much the same. According to the service manual that I have for the Honda Accord. The Fuel filter replacement cycle is every 40K KM.

I have never used any fuel additive for my car.
ritedhawan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks